• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you do for the PWT?

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
Years
As we all know, Black 2 and White 2 introduced The Pokemon World Tournament aka the PWT. Call it what you like! A place where you can challenge gym leaders and champions from differetnt regions. How do you prepare for the PWT? Do you use your champion team, or do you use a different Pokemon for the Tournament? Which tournament do you prefer (Kanto Leaders, World Leaders, Type Expert, etc., and do you do Single battle, Double battle, etc.?

Personally me, I use a different team then my in-game team. I use EV trained Pokemon, but most of the time, my team is usually just Aerodactyl, Lilligant and Vaporeon. I do not care for which tournament, as I like to go against all the different leaders and such. I always do single battle, since that is the kind of battle mode I am most experienced with

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I mainly do single battles, as well as Gym Leader battles and rental battles. I train different Pokemon species for the PWT (and the Battle Subway) to increase the variety of Pokemon I use.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
I usually just play a tournaments with my overlevelled team on my ROM, 6 Level 95 - 97 EV'd and good natured Pokémon. It's mainly just a pastime for me when I get bored of Lucas begging people to go to VG and Wolf advertising the UU Battle Nights. >-<

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Used to go with whatever Pokemon I used in-game, and won all Leader Tournaments, except Johto, which proved surprisingly more difficult than the others. That's when I specifically EV trained for the PWT, and finally won it. Now that I've unlocked the Type Masters tourneys, I'll be playing those with both my champion Pokemon, and EV trained Pokemon.

I also like the Rental Master tournament a lot, where I try out other Pokemon I've never used before.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I don't usually go to PWT very much because of the horrible music, but when I do I usually select Rental Pokemon, which is arguably the best way to go if you're half way through your adventure and your Pokemon is not fully evolved or trained. I've always liked Triple Battles the best, because not only they give you more BP but also more excitement.

zroc

Pokemon trainer
Years
I only do single battles, i never have any luck in the double or triple battles. I normally use my in game team but had to create a special team for the johto leaders.

Back