• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Ace Nakamura
Ace glanced at the boy who had his head wrapped in bandages. Indeed, he looked very angry for some reason. Pikachu growled and produced small jolts of electricity on his red cheeks. "Do not worry, me and my pokemons will defend you if there's need to" Ace really meant what he said. If the boy was stupid enough to come and hit Kayla, he would give him the beating of his life even though someone else already did that, he thought grinning. "Let's go, he won't dare to touch you! I promise!"

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled and kept walking to the table with Yuri at her feet, growling at every sound. Kayla laughed. "You don't have to be so overly protective," she said. She kept watching Yuri and shook her head. Kayla didn't notice when they got to the table and tripped over a chair. She winced shen she hit her injured leg against the table and sighed. "S-Stupid clumsy me..." she whispered, trying to get into a chair.

The boy with the bandages on his face noticed her and sneered. Kayla's face went pale as the boy walked over to the table. "Your little friend's boyfriend beat me up good earlier," he said angrily. He noticed Kayla's crutches on the ground and smiled. "Are these yours?" he asked, picking them up. Kayla frowned. "Please don't..." she whispered. The boy glared at her and kicked her swollen leg. "Shut up!" he yelled. Kayla cried.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Cafeteria

Shawn kinda smiled when they both came to the table, but Kayla seemed kinda nervous. When the other kid came to the table, his face covered in bandages, he had an uneasy feeling. He seemed to want to take anger out for getting hurt earlier, and he decided to take it out on her by kicking her hurt leg. Shawn quickly stood up, a fire burning inside him that he never felt before.

Before he knew what he was doing, Shawn spun the kid around to where his back was to him. He then grabbed the kid in a sleeper hold, pulling the kid away from the table so he couldn't do no more harm. His words, cold and pointed, were whispered into the kid's ear. "If you so much as come near any of my friends like that again, " he spoke menacingly, "I will make sure that you're not only in bandages, but in a full body cast. Understood?" Shawn kept the pressure on the hold, trying to calm the kid down. He was trying to control himself, as well, before he simply did something he regretted.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sniffled softly and rubbed her leg. Yuri sat down under the table, fuming. "My fault!" she yelled. "I should have been paying closer attention!" Jasmine sighed and watched Primrose scramble to get Kayla's crutches. She looked at the boy, who was glaring at Shawn. "Don't tell me what to do!" he yelled, kicking Shawn away. He pointed at Kayla angrily. "This stupid girl and her stupid friends made me look like an idiot!" The boy looked at Shawn and cracked his knuckles. "But I guess that you'll have to di for now," he said menacingly, raising a fist. Kayla gasped and stood up quickly, wincing when she put pressure on her leg. She looked up at both the boys. "That's enough."

Last edited:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
DERRICK
OUTSIDE:
234.gif

443.gif

592.gif
The Pokemon Trainer Academy

Derrick Fastolf

Icy Plains
Theme: Instant Crush - Daft Punk ft. Julian Casablanca

Sylvia quickly stood up and began complaining about how she hadn't been noticed until that precise day at the Academy. She has breathing rather heavily, probably due to her anger. The other boy was trying not to burst into tears, and wasn't doing much of a good job at that.

Derrick turned around after he manage to control his laughter. It wasn't his fault, it was so much fun to watch the Trainers colliding! Whatever. Once he turned around he saw Stantler, his unresponsive Frillish being all irresponsive to the whole situation and his Gible who had also joined him for jeers and whatnot.

"Might I ask how you two got here?" He seemed confused, but Gible shared a bit of an unspoken dialogue as he calmed down and stared at Stantler, who could;'t help but blushing immediately. Of course.

"Stantler!" the Pokemon tried to say in defense to his actions.

"Don't sweat it, we'll discuss it later..." Derrick interrupted.

Sylvia had also introduced herself to the boy and was talking about her first Pokemon also being a Glaceon, although it seemed to have been an Eevee before. A curious Vanillite then popped out of one of her Pokeballs as it began floating and hovering around them. The frost Pokemon ended up settling in Rudolph's antlers.

Then a battle was suggested. Derrick and whatshisname versus Sylvia. The boy then asked in a somewhat awkward way what he wanted to do.

"I don't know... What do you want to do?" He eyed his now shivering Stantler before proceeding, "I suppose I could team up with you if you want... What was your name again?"

He then faced Sylvia and asked "How many Pokemon do we use?" He hoped she answered three, but he could also roll with 2 Pokemon each. He relied in both Nightwish the Frillish and Ipso Facto the Gible... Rudolph was just too special for Trainer Battles...

((OOC: @ChiliDawgs, my character's name is DERRICK, not DERECK xD Although I wouldn't mind if Link called him Dereck :p))​

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Ace Nakamura
Ace was getting tired of watching and not doing anything while the girl was getting beaten. He got up and Pikachu with him. "I'm sure you wouldn't like it if my pokemon killed you right now. I'm the only one stopping him from attacking you. So if you want to live, get away from her." Behind him Pikachu was very angry and to add more pressure on the boy, Ace released his other two pokemons : Charizard and Flareon. "Oh I forgot, these two could burn you up as well. So what do you choose : live or die?" Ace said calmly. He wouldn't let the boy hurt Kayla anytime soon. He would prefer to kill him.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Mana Murasaki
The Espeon girl
Battlefield

196.gif
471.gif

Mana stood in front of the academy until she decided it was no use to just stay there and wait. She noticed a small wolf-like Pokémon next to her, sitting on the ground with black and dark red colors. "A zorua..." Mana whispered as she watched in disbelief. This Pokémon looked so cute that she would gladly catch it. "Hello there, little on-" The Zorua turnedaround and ran away. "Follow me! I need your help!" it said. Mana was a little confused but decided to follow it. It didn't take long before the reached the dorms and the little Zorua entered a dorm that looked pretty abandoned.

"H-Here...?" Mana stuttered but grabbed all her courage together to enter that abandoned dorm. "W-Where are you...?" Mana asked. She took a few steps inside and had the feeling she was being watched. She felt the presence of others... not one, but maybe 10. "H-Hello...? Zorua...?" Mana asked as she tried to ignore the presences and walked towards the stairs.

Suddenly she felt a tongue in her neck, a very big tongue. "KKYYYYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Mana screamed as loud as she could and ran towards the doors but those closed in front of her. She bounced on the door as hard she could but more faces started to surround her, big and scary faces. Mana looked as pale as snow as things started to move around her.

Last edited:
Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla watched the boy slowly put his fist down and sighed in relief. The boy glared at her. "Alright, fine," he said angrily. "You win this round." He glared at Kayla again. "But I get the last laugh." Kayla gasped as the boy pushed her and fell to the ground. She started to cry again as the boy left the cafeteria. Yuri came from under the table and licked her face sadly. Kayla climbed back into her chair and sniffled softly. "T-That was interesting..." she whispered, her face pale. She held Yuri tightly and buried her face in the puppy's fur, crying softly. She didn't notice Primrose and Rosemary dragging the crutches near her. Kayla cried harder, her shoulders shaking from the sobs.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Ace Nakamura
Ace never felt so angry in his whole life than now. How could that boy do this to a girl like Kayla? And now she was crying like this, his heart felt like it was broken. That was saddening him and making him angrier to see her in a state like that. He swore in his heart that the boy wouldn't get away like that. He released his Diglett. "Go and find me this boy, I'll teach him a lesson that he'll remember until he dies". He then turned to Kayla who was crying in on her puppy. He then lowered himself and talked softly to the girl. "Hey no need to cry anymore, I'll protect you and you can count on me or even cry on me if you need it. Let me help you!", he said with a frank smile.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Finally...! Adrian had finally packed his stuff away, and he had left his new friends behind in favor of a quick power nap. He slept for a good couple of hours, after which he felt considerably stronger and quite a bit less painful.

Even so, he took along his cane for good measure, as he still didn't feel like he was on the roof of the world. "Supernova, want to go for a walk?"

She was obviously more than happy to, and they quickly went out back to the grounds, moving much faster than they did earlier that day. Thank the gods I managed to remember a map this time.

He pored over its contents, looking for anything that might be of interest.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || Abandon Lugia White Dorm

Conor checked his watch then put his hands together and twiddled his thumbs. Heading to a place like the Abandoned Lugia White Dorm was a first time for Conor. He was not known to go to such extreme lengths to achieve something. As Conor and Poli halted and looked up at the run down dorm, the doors nothing more than some rotting wood and inside darkness are far as the eye could see. Conor took a deep breath and squeezed through the entrance way. It was just as anyone would expect on the inside, cold, damp, dark and eerily quiet. The silence only being interrupted by the shuffling of Pokémon which were nowhere to be found. As he and Poli walked slowly and quietly through the dorm and wading through the dimly lit dorm, the sounds of creaky floorboards and damp ground filled the air.

Poli was aware of something, something that was watching and waiting, hiding in the shadows ready to strike at any moment. "How you doing over there Poli?" quizzed Conor, no answer. Conor quickly darted around and to his relief saw Poli staring at a staircase which seemed to lead upstairs. "Someone there?" shouted Conor, no answer. The echo rang through the dorm and with this there seemed to be a large shuffling of Pokémon across the floorboards upstairs.

With this Conor turned around and then saw it staring right at him. With a stare that would seem like it was looking into your soul. Poli and Conor stood motionless, too scared to react to it's presence.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Cafeteria

Shawn felt like a complete failure as the bandaged boy left. Kayla was crying on the floor as Ace crouched down near her, trying to calm her down. He simply shook his head as he went to grab her crutches. Fortunately, they weren't that far and retrieved them quickly for her.

Zapper flew towards Oak Town and slowly maneuvered around each building, searching hard. She avoided other trainers and other flying pokemon, so she scanned parts of the town more than once, but the person she was looking for wasn't there either. She started flying back to the Academy to get back to Shawn.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sniffled and ignored Ace and Shawn. "My leg hurts..." she whispered. "Now I know why Holly hates people..." She hugged Yuri and looked up slowly, her eyes red and puffy. "I don't feel like eating that much," she whispered, even though she hadn't eaten in two days. Yuri licked her face and whimpered softly. Rosemary dug into Kayla's bag and pulled out a chocolate bar. She purred and tried to hand it to her Trainer, but Kayla didn't see it. She started to cry again and hugged Yuri again. Jasmine snorted out fire angrily. "That jerk!" she yelled. "That jerk hurt Kayla!" Kayla looked down at her and frowned. "What if he comes back?" she whispered, reaching for her crutches. "Then what do we do?"

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
Mike Forde

A boy was sleeping for the 3rd day in on the S.S. Orange, wondering when the stop will come. Extremely bored, he goes on his laptop and checks his new GPS feature. He was 5 miles away!!! Suddenly excitement started to burst into his life again.Heyelled "YES"soloud thatothersnoticed,but hedidn't care, ashehas finally arrived at the desired area. He launched a Poke ballinto thesky,yelling "Fang, come on out!" A Golbat appeared and quickly tucked under his short-sleeve shirt, sprouting its wings and making him seem like the devil. As everyone looked amazed, he walked to the edge of the S.S. Orange and leaped off. People expected him to fly, but he instead shouted "Squirt, help me swim!" A Wartortle burst from a Poke Ball and swam the boy far faster than the ship over to his destination: the Pokemon Trainer Academy. Quickly changing from excited to serous, he arrives at the island and says to his 2 pokemon "Whew, we finally made it! This is where I'll learn how to beat Drake. Let's go!!"

Suddenly, Mike heard a noise. It was...footsteps? He turns around, only for a Litwick to smack him in the face and dash by. Then, a girl ran up and screamed "Oh, why didn't you grab it!" Mike then replied "Uh, was that your's? I'm sorry, can I help you with getting it? It's okay, Mike, control yourself, you only got 1st degree burns, please don't get mad, please! Mike had a serious look on his face as he thought this.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Bai Kong

Bai took in a deep breath and let it out, smelling the crisp and wonderful ocean air as the boat travelled towards the Pokemon Trainer Academy. She was nervous about teaching trainers, some probably only a bit younger than her, about going on a journey; she knew that her journey was probably abnormal compared to most even if one did not pay attention to the fact that she was four people in one body. Plus, there would be the fact that she could black out at any time during her lessons, and she hadn't told anybody about her...condition except Cynthia, although she was sure that the headmaster of the Academy knew. After all, one does not hire someone without getting their full background. She would probably have to warn her students too, as it was not do well for them to needlessly panic when she blacked out.

Most people would be worried if they kept on passing out without much warning, but to Bai, this was already normal. In fact, it had been happening to her since she was nine years old when she got into an accident involving fire, which gave her the very unattractive burn scar that reached to the back of her neck to the middle of her back. It was obvious that it was very painful. Because of this incident, her mind broke and split into two different entities, one named Bai and the other named Hei. They were complete opposites of each other: while Bai was happy, sweet, and confident, Hei was angry, sadistic, and arrogant. Bai's mind broke two more times; once when she was the only one who could deal with a hostage situation, which created Hui, an intelligent, lazy individual who really only comes out when she has a chance to test her intelligence. The last time was due to her torture at the hands of an evil team, Team Viper, in Unova. This time created Lan, a sad, lost, and even broken girl. Still, at some point, Bai's psyche had started to heal, merging the four personalities slowly, which starts with Bai gaining memories of everything. When Bai is starting to gain a memory, she, as she calls it, "blacks out" or passes out and when one memory comes, usually more memories follow. In between memories coming back, Bai has no idea where she is and is usually seeing things that would break most people. It certainly broke Bai.

Bai sighed. She didn't even have a map of the Academy and she didn't even know where to go. Worry about classes some other time, Bai thought to herself. Right now, hope that Cynthia would be waiting at the dock.

In fact, from the bow of the boat, she could see the Pokemon Trainer Academy. They would probably reach it in about ten minutes, judging by the speed the ship was going and how the island seemed to be growing.

Bai took in another deep breath, trying to banish her nervousness. She was usually quite confident in herself, but there was a difference on knowing that you were good at pokemon battles and knowing that you could teach a class about how to survive. After all, a lot of new trainers don't even survive to their third gym badge; they usually died in the wilderness, either due to an extremely aggressive wild pokemon, or because they did not have the necessary tools for surviving without a mum to help out with the cooking and the shelter over their heads.

Most ten year old kids had no idea how to cook, much less fend for themselves by scavenging or taking extra care of their supplies. In fact, perhaps that should be a lesson; know how to cook, scavenge, and take care of their supplies.

Way to go, Bai, she thought to herself. You have one lesson plan down.

Bai could see the dock and noticed a blonde figure waiting. She smiled. Cynthia didn't let her down after all.

-x-

As soon as the ship was docked, Bai ran off the ship and hugged Cynthia. Cynthia, smiling, hugged back.

"Hello, Bai," she said softly. Cynthia paused. "You are Bai, right?"

Bai chuckled. "You think Hei, Hui, or Lan would give you such a warm welcome?"

"Maybe Lan," Cynthia replied thoughtfully.

"If she wasn't too busy crying," said Bai without bite; she knew that Lan had the most painful memories of her life, so she was thankful to Lan for keeping those memories at bay for a few years, even if she was gaining a few of those memories now.

Cynthia stepped out of the hug. "Nervous about teaching?"

Bai smiled. "A bit, yeah. Not sure what I could tell them."

"Most of the students here are rather bright," Cynthia stated, as they walked away from the docks. "Most do not have much experience as you do, so remember that."

"I'm pretty sure that's why I'm a teacher and they are students," Bai replied dryly.

"Such cheek!" exclaimed Cynthia with shock. "When did you pick up such a mouth?"

"From you," teased Bai. "Didn't you know? You are a terrible influence."

"I'm a Pokemon League Champion, I can't be a terrible influence," Cynthia stated, aghast.

"You are a terrible influence," Bai repeated with a smile.

Cynthia rolled her eyes, but the effect was ruined by the grin on her face. "I'm not quite sure when your classes start, as I haven't talked to the headmaster yet. Are you going to tell your students about...?"

Bai sighed, all remnants of the good feeling their bantering had brought gone. "I probably should. They should know that a journey is not to be taken lightly. Maybe one class a week, I'll share something from my own journey?"

"Unova?" asked Cynthia solemnly.

Bai shrugged. "I hope that they will never have to fight against an evil team, but one does need to be prepared on the evils of the world."

"Are you going to speak about--"

"No," Bai interrupted. "I only have one memory from that period of time, probably because my mind knew I couldn't handle more, and even that memory was a horrible one. I'm trying to teach them to be careful, not for them to never go on a journey."

Cynthia gave Bai a one-armed hug as they walked. "You hungry?"

"Starved and parched, actually." Bai smiled.

"Let's go to the cafeteria before we visit the headmaster," suggested Cynthia.

"Alright," Bai agreed.

They walked, more like Cynthia steered and Bai just came along for the ride, to the cafeteria.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Skye

Skye smiled, clenching his fingers. "I-hi duh-duh-don't doubt that," he agreed readily enough. A twinge of pain ran up his arm and he pulled out a pill. He swallowed it dry, not even really thinking about it anymore. Rama hissed at Zen again, glowering even now. Skye didn't even give his partner another glance before flicking him in the forehead. "I-hit's fih-fih-fine."

"You forgive too easily," grumbled the Pokemon. Skye only shrugged, as if to say: Would you be here now if I didn't? Rama glared at the implication before letting out an irritable huff, flopping down to let his ears be scratched.

Skye paused and smiled then at Zen, rising to his feet. "Ih-if it's suh-suh-so seh-heh-herious thah-hat I duh-hon't knuh-know, whuh-why are yuh-you luh-hooking so hah-hah-hard?"

Ciel

"Kinko!"

The joyful fox paid him no mind, running down the path and almost out of sight. Ciel sighed as he ran. Excitable little nut, this was why he couldn't let her go around all that much. She wasn't Momo who just got distracted by shiny things and moving tails. She got distracted by everything.

"Munyaa~" Well that was a sound he didn't hear her make everyday. At least, he hoped that was her. Hurrying out of the trees, he saw her staring excitedly at the waves on the shore of the beach.

Ciel groaned. Oh now, not having this again. "Not this time!" he called, grabbing the fox into his arms. She squealed, as much as a fox could squeal, and clawed at the air, squealing and whining. "No! You can't swim, Kinko!"

"I can learn!"

Logic never worked with this one. "But then you'll smell," a cheerful mew said, Momo swishing her tail as she left the Pokeball.

Kinko stuck out her tongue. "So?"

"Ssh!" Ciel was staring, no longer quite as focused on holding his Vulpix. He had caught a glimpse of something. And that something was a battle.

A Lucario against... a Frillish? Well, that was an interesting combination.

"Let go!" Kinko squeaked, trying to struggled free of her trainer's hold again.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Zen
Aw1lIZf.png
282.png
Pokemon Center

Chapter One: Part Five
A Wild(?) Gardevoir Appears!

"Because no one knows what I'm looking for, and it's going to remain that way. If my search leads me away from here, I'll go without hesitation." She shook her head slowly. "But so far the only traces I've even found are nearby, and I'm not going to give up so easily when I've finally gotten a lead." She glanced at the both of them. "And if either of you asks about it I can have you flat as paper... On the ceiling... In less than five seconds. Got it?"

Years

Zayne Alta

Aura watched the Frillish carefully, Frillish wasn't a pokemon you generally thought of as having much of an expression at all - but this one seemed to be watching Aura and Zayne intently, almost like it was trying to suss them out. Zayne called for another Dark Pulse but something bad happened, when Aura attempted the attack he was unable to make even a small amount of the dark energy form in his hands.
Aura blinked in surprise, a look of shock showing on his usually stoic face.
Well isn't that interesting... It's ability is cursed body.

That fact had little time to register before the Frillish launched his next attack. A sphere of water formed in front of the water/ghost type and flew at Aura. The Water Pulse engulfed Aura and continued flying until it crashed into the sand with Aura with in it, bursting in a large splash.
"I see... this a smart pokemon. It recognised the super-effective attack and waited for its ability to render Dark pulse useless before launching a full-on offensive. Even more interesting is the weird way its Water Pulse manifested, it is a well-known fact that moves can sometimes appear in different ways, but that's a new one." Zayne said to himself.

Zayne considered the battle in front of him as Aura dodged another of the strange Water Pulses.
The only moves I can use now are Detect, Calm Mind and Psychic...
"Calm Mind!" Aura stopped briefly as his eyes shown a blue colour and a similar coloured, thin aura surrounded him. This cost him though as he was hit by an Ominous Wind from his wild pokemon.
"Again!" Aura repeated the procedure, this time taking an Ice Beam that knocked him to one knee.
"Keep going" Zayne commanded his companion, who grunted the affirmative as usual. Aura once again performed the status increasing attack, and continued to. Aura continued to endure the attacks of the Frillish - taking less and less damage as his Special Defence rose.

Eventually the wild pokemon's attacks, all of which were Special in nature, barely had an effect on Aura at all.
Perfect. The aim of the Calm Mind hadn't just been defence. Calm Mind also increased Aura's special attack - and he had used the move a lot. Aura was certainly going to do a lot of damage with his next attack.
"Use Psychic!" Aura climbed to his feet his eyes glowing more intensely than with Calm Mind. This time the psychic energy surrounded his opponent. Rather than throw the Frillish with the attack as he normall would, the enhanced attack caused an explosion of psychic power emanating from the Frillish. A loud boom followed the rapidly expanding sphere of blue light before both died down almost immediately. The Frillish fell back towards the water but was intercepted by a pokeball thrown by Zayne, being drawn within and captured with no struggle. Then the ball began to fall back down...
Oh no... didn't think of that.

Seemingly instinctively Zayne released Andromeda from her pokeball, frantically yelling at the Staraptor
"GET THE POKEBALL!" Using her sharp eyes the flying-type noticed the ball floating on the surface of the water and flew after it rapidly. Utilising her training from earlier she seized the ball in her talons before dropping it as Zayne's feet and landing behind it after circling once. Relieved Zayne thanked his pokemon
"Thank's I don't know what I'd do without you". She replied whilst fluffing her wings smugly
"Star!"

It was after this that something else came to Zayne's attention. A Vulpix, pursued by its trainer, was sprinting towards him.
"Hello there..."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard

Lucia nodded, "That's a good strategy to have Mark. You don't want every single pokemon to be of the same type of course, if that happened then you could easily be wiped out. Of course I'm not really looking to be a professional battler so I'm mainly just gathering experience for how to use Roberto and Samuel out in the world when I'm away from the estate. It's a bit harder than I imagined..." She looked down at Roberto's pokeball and shook her head.

"Well if classes are starting up I should get going as well. Hopefully this next one has my teacher arriving. A empty classroom is never fun." She said with a weak shrug. "Well, it shouldn't be that long after all and we can meet up later today and just talk."

Samuel shrugged, "We'll see Snype. He won't go too far I imagine, just keep on glaring or acting rude or such. As long as you don't push him too hard, then it'll just be a rivalry you two will have going on. And I promise you, I won't let him harm any of your allies." Samuel glanced toward Lucia, "But a new class will start now. I'll probably see you around then Snype."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Bai and Cynthia

They were both sitting in rather comfortable silence, eating their sandwiches and drinking their water. Cynthia, the big eater that she was, managed to finish her sandwich first; although, Bai was a very close second. After they finished their sandwiches, they could hear a few students talking.

"Hey, did ya hear about that Gardevoir that hangs out in the Pokemon Centre?" asked one of the guys.

"What about it?" replied the other guy.

"Apparently, it's being bothered by some Pokemon!" exclaimed the first guy.

The conversation undoubtedly continued as they walked out of the cafeteria, but Bai turned to Cynthia with a question on her lips.

"What is this about a Gardevoir?" asked Bai.

"She's a Gardevoir that popped up one day without any warning," answered Cynthia, frowning slightly. "She can be perfectly pleasant at one moment and then try to kick you in the face the next. Us teachers have mainly just left the Gardevoir alone, as do most students, but some students try to capture her, to their utmost failure."

Bai nodded, standing up. "Would it be alright if we could go meet the Gardevoir?"

Cynthia nodded in reply, standing up as well. "Sure, I'm okay with that."

They both left the cafeteria after throwing away their trash and made their way inside the Pokemon Centre, where they could see the Gardevoir sitting on top of a counter being annoyed by two Pokemon.

"Does anyone know why she's here?" asked Bai as they stood next to the wall, watching the Pokemon.

Cynthia shrugged. "She's looking for something. What that something is, most of us don't know. The nurse might have a clue, but she doesn't share. Which is good for the Gardevoir. I don't think she trusts too many people, so I haven't asked the nurse."

"Respectful as always," allowed Bai with a small grin. "But why haven't you asked the Gardevoir?"

"If the Gardevoir decides to attack me for whatever reason, I would rather not have my Pokemon come out and defeat her," stated Cynthia.

Bai nodded. She walked towards the Gardevoir cautiously, slow enough so that the Gardevoir wouldn't think that she was being threatening.

"Hello, Ms. Gardevoir," greeted Bai, also smiling at the two Pokemon that were currently talking to the Gardevoir. "What is your name?"

Back