• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Town Map error

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I need someone who knows Essentials DS,but since this is impossible all I can do is post my problem here.If this thread gets moved I will never find an answer.

I can't use fly.Whenever I do this error appears
Exception: NoMethodError
Scene_Map+Menu On Map:332:in `update'
Scene_Map+Menu On Map:329:in `pbFadeOutIn'
Scene_Map+Menu On Map:329:in `update'
Scene_Map+Menu On Map:121:in `main'
Scene_Map+Menu On Map:118:in `loop'
Scene_Map+Menu On Map:170:in `main'
Main:50:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:15:in `mainFunction'
Main:15:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:15:in `mainFunction'

It seems that this is the script that causes the error.I don't know what to do.

if $Trainer && $Trainer.party.length>0
if pbMouseInAreaLeft?(42, 522, 81, 52)
pbPlayDecisionSE()
sscene=PokemonScreen_Scene.new
sscreen=PokemonScreen.new(sscene,$Trainer.party)
hiddenmove=nil
pbFadeOutIn(99999) {
hiddenmove=sscreen.pbPokemonScreen
if hiddenmove
@scene.pbEndScene
end
}
end
end
end
end

I also can't move around the map,the cursor is locked.I really need help this is game-breaking.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Try pasting code in to a
Code:
 tag.
I don't know if you realize this, but we are using Essentials 12.1 ([I]excluding a few who do not want working moves and abilities etc[/I].), not DS Essentials...  You're better off contacting Venom12 for the answers...  The DS version also uses a well outdated Essentials kit...  So to check all your errors, we would have to go through older kits, ([I]if anyone still owns any[/I])...  Is this all because you want a dual screen because even that is a worthless add-on since I can't imagine many people care for it very much.

When it says the words "[I]Message: undefined method `pbEndScene' for nil:NilClass[/I]".
It generally means that the method, in this case [COLOR="blue"]pbEndScene[/COLOR], is undefined.
So define it.
Also, the reason noone is answering your problems is because we don't know...  We're not just ignoring you for the sake of ignoring you because you're annoying or whatever, it's that we just don't know, and all these 100+ views and no responses are mostly people who are being nosey and/or just want free codes, don't take offense.

We don't have your [COLOR="Blue"]Scene_Map+Menu On Map[/COLOR] script, so how are we supposed to know what's wrong.

Sometimes I do wonder what people think...  My advice, drop Essentials DS since it's not being worked on anymore, use Essentials 12.1, and see if you can find someone who can create a dual screen ([I]if that's what you want[/I]).

My supposition is, you won't find an answer for this question or any others unless you find the answer for yourself.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I completely understand.I don't use Essentials DS anymore either,it's just this half made game I had created back in 2010 which was beyond the point of no return. I really want to be done with updating that game.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Since I won't get any help,I'll try to fix it by myself. I want to know what makes the map cursor move the way it moves. It's definitely something not located in the RegionMap scripts.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I tried contacting venom12 but he he didn't reply. So I'll keep trying. What controls the movement of the map cursor? It can't be the RegionMap script because I've updated it, some other part of the scripts must be updated aswell I don't know which.

Back