• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
If I recall correctly they give the same 20% boost in 4th/5th gen, it's just the Incense has the added feature of being used to breed Budew.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2011
Looking to pick up a pre-B/W DS game...which one?

Okay so I think I am posting this in the right place. If not I am just really confused about these forums...LOL I am looking at either Plt or HG or SS...
I know Platinum really only has one region while HG/SS have two, but I am also looking for one that has the best pre and post game content. I know both series seem to have a LARGE amount of post game content, but which one would have some lasting appeal?

epic_darkness

Lovin' the darkness
Years
Should I evolve my Eevee into Umbreon or Espeon? I know that Umbreon's not really a great attacker compared to the other Eeveelutions. Thanks in advance! :)

chakra199

Playing pokemon, like a boss
Years
i need some help training my pokemon on soul silver...im in blackthorn and my pokemon really need lvling up and i was wondering if any1 could help me with where to train

My Pokemon:
Magneton 35
Arbok 31
Kingler 35
Meganium 35
Persian 32
Notowl 31

Should I evolve my Eevee into Umbreon or Espeon? I know that Umbreon's not really a great attacker compared to the other Eeveelutions. Thanks in advance! :)

i suggest espeon...even tho i wouldve perfered umbreon

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Anyone wanna explain to me how the Safari Zone in HGSS works? And can I get Houndour from there pre-E4? Thanks in advance!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Umbreon isn't a great attacker but he's got excellent defences, so he's good at being a wall/stalling (and say if you don't mind using Toxic or whatnot then he'll work just fine). All in all both are fine but if you really want a hard-hitter Espeon is better for that - they just do different things, those Pokemon.
i need some help training my pokemon on soul silver...im in blackthorn and my pokemon really need lvling up and i was wondering if any1 could help me with where to train

My Pokemon:
Magneton 35
Arbok 31
Kingler 35
Meganium 35
Persian 32
Notowl 31
You can battle people south of Blackthorn (and the wild Pokemon there too), and make sure you didn't skip out on hidden places like surfing a bit south of Goldenrod (route 34) and exploring more of the Union Cave with Surf as there are trainers to be found there too. You can also rematch specific trainers via the phone at specific times (as often as you want during 'their time segment') - more here.

Anyone wanna explain to me how the Safari Zone in HGSS works? And can I get Houndour from there pre-E4? Thanks in advance!
General gist is some Pokemon can be found straightaway, and others need you to place a specific number of a type of block in areas of the Safari Zone and may only appear a set number of days after unlocking the Safari zone too.

By my understanding for Houndour the only limit is having unlocked the blocks for the Safari zone and putting four forest blocks in the savannah area so you *should* be able to get it pre-E4 (I assume the same applies to the non-Johto Pokemon, but with those one has to wait a set number of days to get to them). You don't need to wait after that, but it will be of a high level. List here. Scroll up for more explanation on blocks in that page.

qw13

Please do not read this text.
Years
Can i beat Elite four with this team?(Of course in HGSS)

FERALIGATR LVL 47
-WATERFALL
-ICE FANG
-CRUNCH
-FOCUS BLAST

QUAGSIRE LVL 44
-STRENGTH
-SURF
-EARTHQUAKE
-BLIZZARD

ESPEON LVL 43
-PSYBEAM
-FUTURE SIGHT
-SHADOW BALL
-SWIFT

SCYTHER LVL 44
-U TURN
-X SCISSOR
-WING ATTACK
-DOUBLE TEAM

VICTREEBEL LVL 44
-SOLARBEAM
-SUNNY DAY
-SLUDGE BOMB
-SLEEP POWDER

DRAGONAIR LVL 40
-THUNDER WAVE
-DRAGON PULSE
-WATERFALL
-EXTREMESPEED

Please say what levels shouls i raise them to, where can i raise them, and what moves should i teach them?

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Sinnoh ticket?

I saw someone say on HG/SS that you can get a sinnoh ticket? is this true and how can you obtain it?

I know in the FAQ it says it isn't possible but is it possible now?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Can i beat Elite four with this team?(Of course in HGSS)

FERALIGATR LVL 47
-WATERFALL
-ICE FANG
-CRUNCH
-FOCUS BLAST

QUAGSIRE LVL 44
-STRENGTH
-SURF
-EARTHQUAKE
-BLIZZARD

ESPEON LVL 43
-PSYBEAM
-FUTURE SIGHT
-SHADOW BALL
-SWIFT

SCYTHER LVL 44
-U TURN
-X SCISSOR
-WING ATTACK
-DOUBLE TEAM

VICTREEBEL LVL 44
-SOLARBEAM
-SUNNY DAY
-SLUDGE BOMB
-SLEEP POWDER

DRAGONAIR LVL 40
-THUNDER WAVE
-DRAGON PULSE
-WATERFALL
-EXTREMESPEED

Please say what levels shouls i raise them to, where can i raise them, and what moves should i teach them?
You could probably beat them with those levels already, although healing items wouldn't hurt and neither would more training if you want... but it should be fine imo. As for better moves... at a glance Focus Blast isn't that useful on Feraligatr - it's not bad but it'd prefer a different physical move. When you no longer need it drop Strength from Quagsire too, and Swift won't get much use from Espeon either beyond maybe the gym after the e4 (and Quagsire will do its job there anyway).

If you want more advice then try the In-Game Team Help sub-section in the Competitive Battling Centre section.

As for the thing about the Sinnoh post - I think the person was just using an expression to say they'd be playing the DPPt games now after beating HGSS rather than trying to say one can buy a ticket in the game itself.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Is there a specific way to make it easier to find shiny pokemon?
1. Use the Poke Radar and try to keep a chain of Pokemon going.
2. Masuda Method (stick 2 different-language Pokemon in the Daycare without them holding the Everstone or Power items; this raises the chances of finding a shiny egg)

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
Years
mmm I think I should post it here, but I'm not sure.

I'm trying to get a chansey with seismic toss. I looked on the internet and some website says I need a tutor. I went to battle frontier and none of the tutors can teach seismic toss.
Is it an egg move or something?

In short: how do I get seismic toss on a chansey?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Is that the only way? I don't hack or anything. I just have my soul silver.
I corrected myself earlier. I forgot that HG/SS also has its own Pal Park, so they don't necessarily have to trade it over from DPPt. Other than finding someone who has a Chansey with Seismic Toss already that can trade it to you, I would say that's the only other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back