• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NU Team

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Well, with the 5th Gen tiers becoming more defined, I began planning a team. I've been testing this on PO with great success, not losing a match and reaching number three on the ladder (no-one's battling me, if they were I'd probably be higher).

To define 'NU', Pokemon Online recently released tiers. Annoyingly, they list UBER, OU, BL, UU, and just leave NU as 'everything else'. So I'm pretty confident that I've browsed past a great NU Pokemon I could use, but I am taking a shining to my team as it is. The tiers I'm referring to can be found here.
---
193.gif

Yanma (M) @ Choice Specs Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Shadow Ball
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz

My favourite little NU bug returns as the lead for my new NU team. Pretty much the same 4th Gen version, and it still does its work. The lack of steels in the NU metagame made me change HP [Groud] to HP [Water], I can still hit rocks and the ever popular Moltres. Air Slash is amazing, STAB + specs + flinch = awesome. Sometimes I just keep spamming Air Slash, pocketing Speed Boosts along the way.

184.gif

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Azumarill is the main attacker on this team, pretty much the offensive staple. The Huge Power and Choice Band rack up Azumarill's Atk to a whopping 649 (I think). This turns Aqua Jet into a powerful, prioritized STAB attack, OHKOing most of what doesn't resist it. I really haven't found a problem when using this, with good prediction I can Ice Punch Druddigon's for a OHKO.

93.gif

Haunter (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
Hardy Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

My Special Sweeper, Haunter is the only good ghost (IMO) in the NU tier. I mainly wanted this for a Rapid-Spin Blocker, but I found it makes a great Special Sweeper to. I switch in on Sandslash's and other potential spinners then block, sub and attack. Nice system, Haunter's frailty doesn't really affect the subs, it enables no OHKO's, allowing me to potentially knock out some threats.

122.gif

Mr. Mime (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Icy Wind

Say hello to my late game sweeper, Mr. Mime. I've always been a Mimey fan, and with the DW ability of Technician I believe Mr. Mime can shine in my team. Ironically I've only used him once, as my Azumarill knocks everything out fairly quickly. With technician boosting Icy Wind, I have a variation of a BoltBeam combo, and Psyshock for STAB. Nasty Plot for boosting, if I feel the need arises.

28.gif

Sandslash (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Ahhh, Sandslash. This little Pokemon is one tank when it comes to defence. Even super effective attacks that aren't STAB's won't OHKO it. It's a support Pokemon, taking down rocks and setting them up. And of course, EdgeQuake is there for an attacking combo. Love this thing, it's great.

378.gif

Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Hardy Nature
- Psych Up Rest
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

This is my special wall. It does its job, with a little bit of a gimmick. BoltBeam for an attack and Thunder Wave to cripple attacks (namely SB Sharpedo). Psych Up is for unsuspecting Calm Minders and Nasty Plotters. I steal their stat boosts, survive the hit and KO them right back. I have scratched Psych Up for Rest. Leftovers doesn't grant much survivability, and I'm testing whether Rest is good without Sleep Talk.
---

That's it, please rate, comment and critique.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Uh hey Impo. I just wanted to drop by and say that idk if you can expect much in the way of rates, tbh - at the very least, not from me. I really dunno what metagame you're even playing right now (is this the tier list you're playing in? I can't find Azumarill etc on it and I'm still kinda confused idk) and I don't think anyone else does either. Do you think you could specify perhaps or provide some kind of list of what you're dealing with or whatever...? I'll try from there, but even then I can't guarantee a good rate haha... :C

Congratulations on your success, though! :3

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Ahh, my bad. I was gonna explain where I got NU from, but I forgot.

It's on the PO server, they released their tiers sometime ago and I love NU, so I adapted the new generation.

Back