• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposed ROM Hacking forums closing date

Years
Did we ever set a date for the closing of PC's ROM hacking forums, other than December 21st of this year?

I propose we move it up to the nearest half-vernal equinox on April 25th.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The sooner it's gone, the better. I'm tired of these ROM hacking idiots polluting the adv gen forum with all their crap. Like...my GOD, it's not hard to read a forum description or scroll down farther and find that section.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd much rather it be on Easter. When the Rom hackers realize they have nowhere to go, then what's best than having Easter events to get them settled into the rest of the community, plus swap and hunt would greatly appreciate the activity.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Apparently some ROM Hackers think PC is an "all-about-ROM-Hacking" forum. Honestly I am tired of them spamming CQ&F, and using my section as a place to get help for ROM Hacking (not to mention, they ask ME for help...and I don't even know how to map/script/etc.!)

The sooner, the better. I think Easter is a good day, imo.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Wait, so you're gonna move the end of the world day to Easter? D:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
End of the ROM Hackers world, Olli. Easter is just convenient. Whatever happens after Easter has nothing to do with anything.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Excellent. One step closer to my and digi's complete domination of these forums. All according to keikaku.

TL note: keikaku means plan.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Well, I personally think we shouldn't close the RH forums- instead we should turn PC into a hacking forum. We'd get a lot of new members to join that way! We'd only have to turn CQ&F into "Hacking Questions and Feedback".

So a no from me to your crazy idea. Pfft mods, always trying to bully us into doing what they want.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I did a lot of rethinking and came up with a new idea.

Yes, I still support removing the ROM hacking forums, but I also think we should also add a new forum altogether. I don't mean a forum within this forum, but a new forum.

http://hacking.pokecommunity.com/

This will be strictly dedicated to the ROM hacking community. That way we can keep the Pokémon aspects that keep this community the #1 community on Google searches for Pokémon forums and we have somewhere where ROM hackers can go who don't really care about Pokémon that much.

But we all know ROM hackers are just wanna-be Game Developers. lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Excellent. One step closer to my and digi's complete domination of these forums. All according to keikaku.

TL note: keikaku means plan.

Isn't it kind of counterproductive to use a word if you have to explain it afterwards anyway?

I want the ROM Hackers to be forced to interact with the rest of the normal userbase that aren't crazy hackers. :(

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Nick, why give the hackers their own special forum? They already have big enough heads. Closing the forum is supposed to prove a point - we'd just look weak if we caved and gave them even more special treatment to inflate their egos.

Close the ROM Hacking forum today, for all I care. Good riddance.

Years
I wish you guys would have discussed this with me, first- but I have to be honest, I totally agree; if an Admin could help with the deleting process, that'd be great.

However, I want to mod Game Development, once ROM Hacking is gone- it's only fair. I've never really looked at GD but it can't be that hard, so please let me know when this whole thing is going down so I can download some GD stuff in advance.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
You know ROM hacking has seen better times when even the moderator of the section agrees to get it removed.

Though, what about all the members we'll lose with this, and what about all the members we won't get because we remove the source of a great deal of our members? Just because the hacks are the reason they join, that doesn't mean that they won't get to experience the rest of the forum. I mean even I joined solely for the hacks, but once I actually went a little outside of that section, I discovered the rest of this wonderful forum and ended up visiting that section less and less.

If it's such a big problem with all the people asking about ROM hacking related questions in CQ&F and wherever else they post it, go with Nick's idea and give them their own forum.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Lol Nick, he wants to make ROM hacking a *~special butterfly~* by giving it its own seperate location, when we're all talking about doing the complete oppsite. I'm all for tearing it down, there are plenty of other forums that offer Rom hacking discussions.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Why would you want to remove rom hacking? There are some great people in that section which you could lose due to closing the section

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
Please allow the staff members take the decisions here. Do not interfere in our discussions.

Back