• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-Orders

Will you Pre-Order?

• Yes

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
*sigh* I can't.. If I could though, I won't unless I have a 3DS, which I will probably never get until I'm old enough to buy one for myself without anyone caring much about what I buy. If[\i] I had a 3DS, I will have to see about the gift that comes with pre-ordering. It's simple: if there is a gift, I'll pre-order. If there isn't a gift, I won't. I love free gifts.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I will preorder, but I'd like to get something for doing so... unlike B2W2 :(

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
If they have some cool extra like the two lugia and oh-ho statues for ss/hg I will but if not then I won't since when b2/w2 came out I thought they would sell out quick so when I got up early to buy it but when I got there only one copy was sold so I don't think I have to worry about them flying off the shelves.

BlockedHeart

Pokemon Master
Years
Everyone had about a six month jump on me for both B/W and B2/W2... It sucks! Being a major Pokemon fanboy, having the games on day one seems like a must! My birthday's coming up at the end of February, if they have the games available for preorder by that time, and I get a free gift with it... Then Definitely.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Unless it is cheaper than the retail price (which it actually looks like it is, but even then) I won't. I haven't for any pokemon game yet, and I'll buy it from the store once I actually have time.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The only other time I pre-ordered a Pokémon game was HeartGold and SoulSilver a couple of months before their release date. Which, I'll be honestly, I really only did it to get the Lugia and Ho-oh figurines. The area I live in, Pokémon isn't a big thing, so there's no worry about my local GameStop or Wal-Mart not having them in stock on release day. I may consider pre-ordering X and Y for my sister and I, but if not, I'll still go in the store and purchase it the day they comes out. We'll see what happens from now and nine-eight months later.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm just gonna wait till the day it comes out so I can pick myself up a copy. I won't preordering it because I don't wanna go through what I went through when B/W were released. It was a nightmare.

So yeah. When the day comes, I'll be driving to my nearest GameStop and getting a copy. \o/

Years
This is only the second time I've actually considered pre-ordering a Pokemon game, with the first being White 2 (which I decided against, as there was no pre-order bonus, which was a bit of a let down). As it is, I don't own a 3DS at this point, which I'll obviously need to get before I buy X/Y. If I do have a 3DS by October and there happens to be a bonus, I probably will pre-order the game, as I've never had a Pokemon game on day 1, even though I've been playing the games back to the originals. If there isn't any extra for pre-ordering, I might just buy it after it comes out, or even hold off for a little bit to hear some game reviews.

TheLegendaryMew

Pokemon X and Y October 2013!!
Years
Well I won't be pre-ordering it myself but my mum will be :P Seen as my birthday is in October she will get it for my birthday :D Best birthday present ever! :p

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
I'm gonna wait until the price is down to like £25 then pre-order. Amazon usually has those days where is goes down a lot, so I will then. If not, I'll probably just end up buying it anyway if it gets to like a week before and it's not cheap yet haha!

Years
Nope, given my mother is very strict.

Since they won't be released in time for my birthday (me being on October 1st) I'll probably get them for Christmas like I did with Black 2 and White 2.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
Hmmm.. if there is a bonus then yes. But I won't pre-order online it'll be in store just because I'm a bit wary on trusting the postal service, I'd rather just go pick it up myself. Plus depends on price ;)
But either way I must have it on Day 1.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
For me, it'll depend on three things: the amount of money I have at the time, and the offers, and the price. I remember with Black and White I pre-ordered both, but I ended up buying both in HMV, because they were giving away 3DS carry cases and action figures, and since it was the same price, I figured why the hell not? I tend to go with the cheapest option, unless there is barely any difference between the online price and store price, in which case I'll buy it on the day, because I hate waiting for my games to get to me; I'm not a very patient person. But if there is a good offer on for them - like buy it somewhere and you get a cool little action figure or something - chances are I'll buy it from whoever offers it. I like to keep my options open and hunt around a bit.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
I usually don't pre-order games because I'm always broke. I always have to wait a month or few to get the games (Although I got Platinum and Soul Silver immediately after launch.) For once it actually looks like I'll be able to pre-order, so I'll probably be taking advantage of the opportunity. Also, my local GameStop always sells out on the first day, so it's worth it. Right now I'm just hoping that the bonus will be really cool (Example: The Giratina statue that came with Platinum).

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Hmm, I guess it's to expensive now. Maybe after a few weeks before the release they'll probably lower the price. Though I still have to get a Nintendo 3DS so I guess I won't pre order it. :3

TheLegendaryMew

Pokemon X and Y October 2013!!
Years
For me, it'll depend on three things: the amount of money I have at the time, and the offers, and the price. I remember with Black and White I pre-ordered both, but I ended up buying both in HMV, because they were giving away 3DS carry cases and action figures, and since it was the same price, I figured why the hell not? I tend to go with the cheapest option, unless there is barely any difference between the online price and store price, in which case I'll buy it on the day, because I hate waiting for my games to get to me; I'm not a very patient person. But if there is a good offer on for them - like buy it somewhere and you get a cool little action figure or something - chances are I'll buy it from whoever offers it. I like to keep my options open and hunt around a bit.

You probably wont be buying in HMV anymore...they have gone into administration and most likley shutting down lol

Back