• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm not much of a competitive brawler, primarily because tournies are so far away from where I live. :(

Now that what I primarily came here for: SO GUYS!

nintendo just blew us up with major news. Apparently we can use our Miis to brawl against other Miis, and/or characters! There are three types of fighters: Brawler, Gunner, and Swordfighter. Also, Palutena from Kid Icarus joined the list too! More information regarding this here.

Discuss! How did you react?

Years
Username: Guildmaster Wigglytuff
Character Select: Chrom Pac-Man. If not, then Ness.
What was your first Smash game?: Super Smash Bros. (N64)

I knew Miis would be announced eventually. The three types look pretty cool, especially the Swordfighter.
As for Palutena, I definitely wasn't expecting her. I have mixed feelings about her being included, but I'll have to see more gameplay of her before I decide whether I like her or not. I'm one of those Chrom/Lucina fanboys so I was really hoping for one of them to be announced.

edit: Pac-Man was announced!
Definitely wasn't expecting Pac-Man. I thought we were done with third party character announcements. I think it'll be pretty cool though.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Discuss! How did you react?
My reaction is that the Gematsu leak is actually legit after all, now that Pac-Man was revealed later on. That means Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Men are definitely going to be our next newcomer reveals prior to the 3DS's September release in Japan, unless Sakurai reveals Ridley by some miracle on August, which is Metroid month.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I expected Game & Watch, honestly...but PAC MAN? That was mindblowing. I haven't seen any gameplay or screenies involving it (I will soon once I start looking), but it'd be interesting to see how he plays out. :)

Also, the 3DS version is set for release in October.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I expected Game & Watch, honestly...but PAC MAN? That was mindblowing. I haven't seen any gameplay or screenies involving it (I will soon once I start looking), but it'd be interesting to see how he plays out. :)
Already got you covered: http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/pac-man.html

Also, the 3DS version is set for release in October.
I read that Japan is getting the 3DS version a month early than us, so I guess they were honest about releasing the game this summer, since it also takes place during the first half of September; they just didn't meant internationally.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's great that we'd be able to use our Mii characters now; we could play as them in Mario Kart and many other Nintendo games, so why not SSB? It'd be very cool if they had given us a way to customize their moveset and such, though. Also, can't wait for the 3DS release! October is about four months away from now, and that's a pretty long wait. :(

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Pac-Man definitely surprised me for sure, but I like it. Game & Watch is no surprise and I know nothing about Kid Icarus so Palutena means zero to me. I love that we'll be able to use Miis now, I think that's really cool. I'm probably not getting the 3DS version, but I'm not sure. I'm definitely going for the Wii U version though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
So now that new characters have been revealed, is anyone seeing themselves using one of those newly-revealed characters? Or are you still sticking with the veterans?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So now that new characters have been revealed, is anyone seeing themselves using one of those newly-revealed characters? Or are you still sticking with the veterans?
I'm planning going to be trying out Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, and Pac-Man. I would try out my Mii, because they're unavailable for online matches.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm a boxer and a big fan of Punch Out so naturally I'm hella excited for Little Mac. Also a HUGE Rhythm Heaven fan and I'm looking forward to Chorus Kids who are pretty much unofficially confirmed.

Still, not planning on moving away from Wario. He'll still be my main character.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
In going to try every new character when I get my 3ds version. But I'm still going to use my 2 main characters the most; Kirby and DK

Years
I can already see myself obtaining godlike status with Greninja and Pac-Man. I don't think I'll be using the Miis or Rosalina very much, though.
But I'll most often be playing as Chrom if when he ends up being in the game.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
Username: Stoney the Togekiss
Character Select: Mii Fighter.
But if I can only choose from those on the list, Donkey Kong.
What was your first Smash game?: Super Smash Bros. for the N64.

For me, the Super Smash Bros. series is the best ever fighting game.
It was easy to learn how to play & it features several different characters from my favorite
video game company, Nintendo.
I had dreamed of a hand-held SSB for so long & on Oct. 3 of this year, that dream will
come true! & that's not the only dream of mine to come true... I secretly wished to one day
be featured as a playable character on the series... & in a way, I will be, though the Mii Fighters.
(I plan to try being a Mii Brawler 1st!)

Thoughout the series, Donkey Kong has always been one of my best characters.
& I also like Ike, Zelda (on Brawl) & Wolf O'Donnel.
Characters I don't like... that took some thought on my part, because I'm pretty good with anyone. But there are some character I feel I do worse with than others...
On the orignal SSB, I didn't care for Jigglypuff or Ness much, on Melee & Brawl, I felt that
Captian Falcon's hitboxes were too narrow. I can probaly think of more characters I don't care
for much, but I'll leave this for now.

As for the MUCH anticated SSB for 3DS/Wii U, I plan to try every character they have in the game.
Especially looking forwards to trying Little Mac, Mega Man, Palutena, Rosalina & Luma & the Mii Fighters.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I should create a new topic in order to keep this club alive:

Which irl songs do you think best suit the Smash Bros. characters?

So far I've only listed songs for the newcomers (I'll probably do a list for the veterans eventually):

Villager - Koyaanisqatsi by Philip Glass
Mega Man - Okkusenman by Jam Project
Wii Fit Trainer - Call On Me by Eric Prydz
Rosalina - Let It Go by Idina Menzel
Little Mac - Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
Greninja - R*O*C*K*S by Hound Dog
Mii Fighter - Everything Is Awesome by Tegan & Sara feat. the Lonely Island
Palutena - I am Glad, 'cause I'm Finally Returning Back Home, a.k.a. the Troll song, by Edward Khill
Pac-Man - Pac-Man Fever by Buckner & Garcia

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
I should create a new topic in order to keep this club alive:

So far I've only listed songs for the newcomers (I'll probably do a list for the veterans eventually):

Villager - Koyaanisqatsi by Philip Glass
Mega Man - Okkusenman by Jam Project
Wii Fit Trainer - Call On Me by Eric Prydz
Rosalina - Let It Go by Idina Menzel
Little Mac - Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
Greninja - R*O*C*K*S by Hound Dog
Mii Fighter - Everything Is Awesome by Tegan & Sara feat. the Lonely Island
Palutena - I am Glad, 'cause I'm Finally Returning Back Home, a.k.a. the Troll song, by Edward Khill
Pac-Man - Pac-Man Fever by Buckner & Garcia
YAY!!! SOMEONE POSTED!!!
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

I'm not sure what irl means...
But Eye of the Tiger & Let it go are 2 of my favorite songs!
The rest, though, I've never heard...

I'll have to think on this before I make suggestions...

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018

Greninja - Get Ready For This by 2 Unlimited
Little Mac - Final Countdown
Kirby - Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat by Fatboy Slim and Riva Starr
Charizard - I Burn by Jeff and Casey Lee Williams
Donkey Kong - Anotherone Btes the Dust by Queen
Lucario - Gangnam Style by Psy OR Fury Of The Storm by Dragon Force
Palutina - Whom Shall I Fear by

I dont know really.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
I think the games come out October 12th. I want to play in tournaments but I dont know where there would be any. I miss the days when Smash was for fun but recently it seems like the FGC is creepy into the Smash community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back