• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Flying Spectrum

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 20, 2018
====================
[INTRODUCTION]
====================

Hey everyone, I'm Marxj and this my Pokemon Fan-Game: "Flying Spectrum". I am making it in RPG Maker XP using "poccil's Pokemon Essentials" starter.

====================
[STORY]
====================
You are an aspiring Pokemon Trainer who has yet to receive his/her first Pokemon.

You decide one afternoon to take a stroll through Route #1 where there is a path just big enough for a walk but small enough and safe enough that you won't be running into any wild Pokemon as long as you steer clear of the tall-grass.

While walking along the route, you find 3 Pokeballs lying on the ground, its obvious enough to you that they aren't empty but you don't bother to see which Pokemon they are.

You head on your way back home to see if you can't get help tracking down the owner of the Pokeballs (and Pokemon inside) when one of your two best friends is waiting for you. You just begin to chat when the two of you are attacked by Grunts of an organization called: "Black Earth". Your friend then asked you (Because he doesn't have a Pokemon of his own) to give him one of the three Pokemon you've found for protection. You comply and afterwards randomly select one of the two remaining Pokemon for yourself (You will receive whichever of the two is WEAKEST against the one you handed to him).

Returning home afterwards, to your injuries from the attack, your father helps you out then realize that the Pokeballs that you have found actually belong to your Grandmother who is the retired Pokemon Professor of the Muhto region, who had been attacked by Black Earth Grunts and accidentally dropped the Pokeballs.

She lets you and your friend each keep the Pokemon you battled with and thus your journey begins to become a Pokemon Master by completing the Muhto Gym Challenge... but hold on! ...One of the three Pokeballs is missing!? It would appear that it was stolen and the Pokemon was to be used by the new heir of Black Earth... unbeknownst to you... happens to be your OTHER friend, whom is on a quest to complete the 'spectrum' and bring the world to chaos. Only you can prevent it!

But whats the spectrum???? The alignment of the 5 Legendary Bird Pokemon: Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, Lugia and Ho-Oh which when their powers are merged create an unstoppable force.

====================
[SCREENSHOTS]
====================
The following screen are mostly all from the first half of Route 1... for I am not too far into the game at the moment as far as mapping because I am now working on the scripting for the beginning of the game/route 1

capture001.jpg

Just outside your home
capture002.jpg

Walking along Route #1
capture003.jpg

Best to stay out of tall grass when you don't have a Pokemon yet.
capture005.jpg

Your friend Mike who appears after you retrieve the 3 Pokeballs
capture006.jpg

The first two of many Grunts of Team Black Earth appear!
capture007.jpg

Mike's got a good point... I mean how did they appear so soon out of no-where?
capture008.jpg

Your best-friend also doesn't have a Pokemon... but needs one to defend with.
capture009.jpg

The famous Johto Starters are also the starters for trainers travelling in Muhto
capture010.jpg

But which starter will you hand to your soon to be Rival?
capture013.jpg

Peyton's very weak Seviper...
capture014.jpg

...against the hero's Totodile!

====================
[FEATURES]
====================

1. Travel in the brand new immense region of Muhto.
2. The Pokemon you select is your RIVAL'S POKEMON not your's YOURS will be the one WEAKEST AGAINST HIS.
3. Fight against all new trainers and Gym leaders to make yourway to the top of the MUHTO POKEMON LEAGUE by defeating the MUHTO REGION'S GREATEST POKEMON TRAINERS... THE MUHTO LEAGUE'S ELITE FOUR and prepare for the INTERNATIONAL POKEMON LEAGUE and fight against the WORLD'S GREATEST, RED, HIRO, MAY and DAWN! for the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CROWN!
====================
Anyway, feedback would be greatly appreciated and all VALID - (IE: NO SPAMMING THIS THREAD) comments will be greatly appeciated... I currently do not need a team of people as I find I get a great satisfaction being able to work on all of my projects of all kinds on my own... so sorry for those who would like to help.
====================

I will add more maps and screenshots as they become avaliable, and a demo when the appropriate time comes that there is significant enough gameplay to make one worthwhile ^^.

Thanks.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
First post yeah. Anyway this is a good game and I think it will go somewhere.

Sorry for double post but Who is hiro

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadez

-
Years
i like the story and the international pokemon leaque
hope to see more of the game soon

@mitchman_93: kamon is the rival in the G/S/C series
i don't know the hero's name but it could be hiro

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
The mapping and storyline need some works, but this project looks quite promising. Here's a tip, though: don't mix R/S/E and FR/LG graphics together. You're using a R/S/E battle interface and overworlds, yet a FR/LG tileset? It just makes things look a bit... weird.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
because I am now working on the scripting

Lies. This looks like a 100% poccil's Starter Kit game. The hero looks the same, the Battle system looks the same. Even the tileset looks exactly the same.

Years
It's already stated in the OP that the game is being made with Poccil's Starter Kit, not to mention you took that sentence completely out of context.

Maybe if you'd read the thread properly you wouldn't create such a stupid post?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 20, 2018
Lies. This looks like a 100% poccil's Starter Kit game. The hero looks the same, the Battle system looks the same. Even the tileset looks exactly the same.

Yes well, I worded it wrong then when I say that I am working on the scripting, I meant for example the notes that come with it talk about how to add your own trainers and such to the game... and thats what I'm doing and meant by that... I never intended to take credit for all the pre-defined stuff. I even mentioned above that it WAS being made using poccil's Stater Kit:

Hey everyone, I'm Marxj and this my Pokemon Fan-Game: "Flying Spectrum". I am making it in RPG Maker XP using "poccil's Pokemon Essentials" starter.

Nova92

NovaShark Unlimited Webmaster
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 15, 2008
Looks good hopefully this will get finished because you've got some good ideas

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 20, 2018
A Couple Small Updates ^_^

Hey everyone, I dunno if it seems like I've been too long updating or not but regardless I'm still working on the project... I'm just a little slow at it lol and therefore aren't able to advance at a fast pace.

Here is a numbered map and legend to the wonderful world of Muhto

Muhto.png

====================
[THE WORLD OF MUHTO]
====================

1. Rainbow Seaside - ("HOME")
2. Route #1 - (1st BLACK EARTH ENCOUNTER)
3. Amber Town - (PROFESSOR'S TOWN; WHERE YOUR JOURNEY REALLY BEGINS)
4. Route #2
5. Ruby Town - (2nd GYM)
6. Route #3
7. Mt. Crescent
8. Route #4
9. Opal Town - (1st GYM)
10. Route #5
11. Route #6
12. Jade Town
13. Route #7 and Emerald Woods - (2nd BLACK EARTH ENCOUNTER)
14. Emerald Town - (3rd GYM)
15. Star Cruiser - (3rd BLACK EARTH ENCOUNTER)
16. Route #8
17. Amethyst City - (4th GYM)
18. Route #9
19. The Spectral Sea
20. Route #10
21. Kunzite City - (5th GYM)
22. Route #11
23. Onyx Town - (4th BLACK EARTH ENCOUNTER)
24. Route #12
25. Route #13
26. Route #14
27. Mirage Cavern - (6th BLACK EARTH ENCOUNTER)
28. Route #15
29. Route #16
30. Topaz Town - (6th GYM)
31. Route #17
32. Route #18 - (BLACK EARTH'S HIDEOUT/FINAL ENCOUNTER)
33. Route #20
34. Opal Iceburg - (ARTICUNO'S RESTING PLACE)
35. Ruby Volcano - (MOLTRES'S RESTING PLACE)
36. Route #21
37. Citrine Tower - (ZAPDOS'S RESTING PLACE)
38. Route #22
39. Sapphire Oasis - (LUGIA'S RESTING PLACE)
40. Route #23
41. Route #24
42. Mandarin Tower - (HO-OH'S RESTING PLACE)
43. Diamond Town - (7th GYM)
44. Route #19
45. Coral Town
46. Coral Cavern
47. Route #25
48. Route #26
49. Route #27
50. Route #28
51. Route #29
52. Route #30
53. Tourmaline Plateau & Victory Road

====================
[STORY UPDATE]
====================
In a series of experiment towards their attempt to control the world... Black Earth first focused on cloning simple particles, to cloning items which became finally perfected enough to replicate the legendary prototype Master-Ball.

At the time of these cloning experiments another squad of Black Earth had also been working on trials DNA
Now with a handful of Master-Ball's in hand, the leader of Black Earth has captured the legendary Bird Pokemon and extracted their attributal DNA and injected them within one another to create "Try-Type" Pokemon... but t he experiements fail and the new Third attribute replace the original ones and now the balance of element and power is corrupted and along your journey to the different Pokemon GYM's of Muhto on your quest to be the champion of the "Tourmaline Plateau" youll come across the disturbances and must restore them to their original states and therefore restore Muhto to its original glory.

Also, where is this supposive 8TH GYM?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 20, 2018
In the land of nowhere supposedly

You mean about the 8th gym right? ...I'll be releasing more info on that in the next couple of updates... though I already know where it is I wanna keep it a surprise a bit longer.

Last edited:

XSeerian

My name is actually Drenz!
Years
Why not just keep it hidden till the game releases? Wouldn't that make it a bit more suspensful?

Also, the story is quite promising. I like where your going with this project. I know it's in the the early stages, so I ain't going to critique you. But like I said, it's looks intensly promising. I especially like the thought put into the Muhto Region. Pretty dayum awesome, mang! ^__^

~Drenz

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 20, 2018
Lots of Images ^^

====================
[TITLE SCREEN]
====================
Pic_2.png

====================
[IN-GAME MAPS]
====================
Rainbow Seaside - ("HOME")
Route #1 - (1st BLACK EARTH ENCOUNTER & FIRST POKEMON EVENT)
Amber Town - (PROFESSOR'S TOWN; WHERE YOUR JOURNEY REALLY BEGINS)
Route #2
Ruby Town - (2nd GYM)
Route #3

====================
[GYM LEADER: SNEEK PEAK]
====================
GYM #1: Opal Town Pokemon Gym
POKEMON TYPE: Ice
LEADER: Allan
BADGE: Blueskid Badge
trainer084.png
BlueSkidBadgeb.jpg

------------------------------
GYM #2: Ruby Town Pokemon Gym
POKEMON TYPE: Fire
LEADER: Josh
BADGE: Redblaze Badge
trainer085.png
Redblaze.jpg

------------------------------
GYM #3: Emerald City Pokemon Gym
POKEMON TYPE: Grass
LEADER: Pauline
BADGE: Greenleaf Badge
GymLeader3_PaulineB.jpg
GreenLeafBadge.png

====================
[TEAM BLACK EARTH]
====================
MEMBER STATUS: Grunt
trainer083.png

====================
[*POSSIBLE* NEW POKEMON]
====================
THESE POKEMON ARE ONES THAT I HAVE MADE TO PUT IN MY GAME... BUT AFTERWARDS DISCOVERED I CAN'T MAKE 'BACK VIEW' GRAPHICS FOR THEM FOR BATTLE WHEN THE PLAYER USES THEM... SO UNTIL I AM ABLE TO IT IS ASSUMED THESE WON'T MAKE IT INTO THE GAME... BUT YOU NEVER KNOW... AS I STILL WOULD LIKE TO SOMEHOW ADD THEM :)
------------------------------------
NAME: Foxoid
TYPE: Fire
1ST EVOULTION: Foxloy - (Fire)
2ND EVOLUTION: Foxizard - (Fire)
Foxoid.png

NAME: Yelaristar
TYPE: Water
1ST EVOULTION:Bluearistar - (Water)
2ND EVOULTION: Redaristar - (Water) OR Metalaristar - (Water/Steel)
Yelaristar.png

NAME: Bulboom
TYPE: Grass
1ST EVOLUTION: Bulboomy - (Grass)
2ND EVOLUTION: Bulbooma - (Grass) OR Bulbocean - (Grass/Water)
Bulboom.png

NAME: Snake
TYPE: Psychic
1ST EVOLUTION: Snakly
2ND EVOLUTION: Snakans
SP013_Snake.png

NAME: Slye
TYPE: Dark
1ST EVOLUTION: Sylger
2ND EVOLUTION: Slygal
SP117_Sly.png

NAME: Kanga
TYPE: Fighting
1ST EVOLUTION: Ninjanga
2ND EVOLUTION: Sumga
SP061_Kangar.png

NAME: Octolocked
TYPE: Water
1ST EVOLUTION: Duplilocked
2ND EVOLUTION: Trioctolocked
SP041_Octolocked.png

NAME: Cata
TYPE: Bug
1ST EVOLUTION: Cene OR Milli
2ND EVOLUTION: None OR Eele
Cata.png

NAME: Cene
DOESN'T EVOLVE
Cene.png

NAME: Milli
EVOLVES INTO Eele
Milli.png

====================

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Interesting Pokémon... But I have one thing to say: CHANGE THE NAMES! Try thinking of more creative and longer names, and remember the length limit is 10 chars.

Oh yes, and the light on the Grunt's face is coming from a different direction. Fix it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2008
Also, the Grunt's legs don't fit with his head (too short). I imagine a lot of those Trainer sprites are Frankensteins?

Anyways!:

The map is beautiful, the place names are good, and what you've shared of the story is exceptional! The name "Black Earth" is terribly frightening and cool.

My complaints/suggestions:
-Does Black Earth yet have a REASON for wanting to throw the world into chaos? Is this going to be kept a secret? I do so love surprises!
-Fakemon are a big turn-off for a lot of people, myself included. But if you're set on including them, why not make two more birds to complete the spectrum (ROYGBIV)? Orange and Violet legendary birds!
-Like has been said, you need a bit more experience with tiling, but I'm sure you'll sort that out.
-Your Gym Leaders look a bit boring, where Gym Leaders are usually over-the-top and flamboyant, or at least distinguished in some way. Throw a mustache on of those guys, give that girl's skirt a funny pattern. Just something to consider!

All in all, it's looking very good. I don't usually post in threads like these, but from reading your blurb about the story (which was actually written with decent grammar, by the way!), this seems like a smart and reasonably well-executed idea that I wish to support. It's like the standard Pokemon story with added depth.

I'd stay away from Fakemon if I were you, though. Word to the wise.

Henry987

Pokémon Shiny Red:D
Years
Really nice game!
So Whats its going to be in the end, will some legendary Pokémon attack a city? :P
Like from ruby when Kyogre and groudon attacked eachother :P
But keep it up!
And good luck whit your game!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 20, 2018
New GYM Leader

GYM #4: Amethyst Isle Pokemon Gym
POKEMON TYPE: Psychic
LEADER: Matthew
BADGE: Violeteye Badge