• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Lightning Yellow

What Should this Hack's Name be?

• Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Pokemon Electric Yellow

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Pokemon Yellow Voltage

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Pokemon Pikachu Edition

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other(Post name)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
I was thinking is it possible if instead of selecting another female character, we play as Gary Oak? I know, it's nearly impossible for this to occur, two totally different scripts in one game.. but it would be kinda cool.. Haha..

Last edited:
Years
Sigh... Another yellow remake... But this so far looks like the best one so far. Make sure to put in some new stuff unique to this game that entices me to play it! ;)
I may add minigame, and Johto.
Hope that entices you to play it!

... If you ask me, I think you should just keep the original female character (Leaf) instead of trying to create another (Crystal)
Well, I'm tired of the female character from FR/LG...

I was thinking is it possible if instead of selecting another female character, we play as Gary Oak? I know, it's nearly impossible for this to occur, two totally different scripts in one game.. but it would be kinda cool.. Haha..
Eh...(CLICKY!)

Looks very promising, T! I will most likely keep and eye on this game, and probabely play it as well.

I wish you lots of luck! :D
Thanks for the support G-Trainer!
I hope you have fun playing it!

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Yeah!! It's great, I'm playing that currently, hack of my dreams..
But what I was thinking was more like, instead of the usual cliche choose between the guy or the girl thing, we can choose the sprite of our protaganist to be either Ash or Gary, and somehow hence decide the starter the player would get.

i.e. if choose Ash, get Pikachu, Gary, get Eevee.

Something different from the ordinary boy or girl thing..
Still, it's impossible to incorporate two different scripts in one game so I guess Gary performing Ash's role might lose the mean element of Gary..

Don't have to take this into serious consideration, it was just an idea that propped up looking at both your hacks.

P.S. Your Gary hack is great.. Really enjoyed it (or rather still enjoying)..
Pity some of the scripts weren't changed to make Gary the mean one and Ash like he's supposed to be..

Years
Yeah!! It's great, I'm playing that currently, hack of my dreams..
But what I was thinking was more like, instead of the usual cliche choose between the guy or the girl thing, we can choose the sprite of our protaganist to be either Ash or Gary, and somehow hence decide the starter the player would get.

i.e. if choose Ash, get Pikachu, Gary, get Eevee.

Something different from the ordinary boy or girl thing..
Still, it's impossible to incorporate two different scripts in one game so I guess Gary performing Ash's role might lose the mean element of Gary..

Don't have to take this into serious consideration, it was just an idea that propped up looking at both your hacks.

P.S. Your Gary hack is great.. Really enjoyed it (or rather still enjoying)..
Pity some of the scripts weren't changed to make Gary the mean one and Ash like he's supposed to be..
No,that will not happen.
The only way you will play as Gary in one of my hacks is in Gary Edtion,
and that won't change.
(Scripts aren't fully done, due to it being only beta 1)
That's not fair to the female players...

Last edited:

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
How about the name
"Pokemon yellow
Advance version"

also, if possible, can you put "banks" throughout the game where you can deposit certain amounts of money to withdraw later?

Also, are you going to have more then 8 gyms?

No,that will not happen.
The only way you will play as Gary in one of my hacks is in Gary Edtion,
and that won't change.
(Scripts aren't fully done, due to it being only beta 1)
That's not fair to the female players...

Hey, female players were ok with r/b/y/g/s when there was ONLY a male character to play as, and if you hex edit, you could add more sprites that can be switched at certain places, like coolboyman did for prism (although since it was a gold hack and this is a fire red hack, it might be harder)

Last edited:
Years
How about the name
"Pokemon yellow
Advance version"

also, if possible, can you put "banks" throughout the game where you can deposit certain amounts of money to withdraw later?

Also, are you going to have more then 8 gyms?

Hey, female players were ok with r/b/y/g/s when there was ONLY a male character to play as, and if you hex edit, you could add more sprites that can be switched at certain places, like coolboyman did for prism (although since it was a gold hack and this is a fire red hack, it might be harder)

• The name,Lightning Yellow, is permanent
  • Maybe, not giving a 100% answer to this yet.
  • That would be very hard to do, and it may not possible to switch hero OW's in FR.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Anyway. It's super cool.. Can't wait for the beta release!! :D

P.S. Will there be any further Beta releases for Gary Edition? Like changes to the texts or maybe the evolution stones for Umbreon / Espeon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2008
hi guys I'm new here and have been looking for a good pokemon yellow remake and I think this is what I have been looking for, but I got a question.

1. About what date will the beta be coming out on? Sorry if this has been answered already.

2. How would we receive updates for the game? Would we just drag the update onto the game file or something or have to download a new game file and start over if we want to use the update?

3. What emulator will need to be used for this because I use VisualBoyAdvance.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
derekjeter92 said:
hi guys I'm new here and have been looking for a good pokemon yellow remake and I think this is what I have been looking for, but I got a question.

1. About what date will the beta be coming out on? Sorry if this has been answered already.

2. How would we receive updates for the game? Would we just drag the update onto the game file or something or have to download a new game file and start over if we want to use the update?

You are not meant to ask for release dates of hacks, it is against the rules.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
  • The name,Lightning Yellow, is permanent
  • Maybe, not giving a 100% answer to this yet.
  • That would be very hard to do, and it may not possible to switch hero OW's in FR.

Oh it is very much possible to switch the overworlds but unless you know ASM it's impossible

Years

1) What Blazichu Said
2)Get Lunar IPS, and use the patch on a clean FR rom
3)VBA is perfect.

Oh it is very much possible to switch the overworlds but unless you know ASM it's impossible
Heh, I don't even know what ASM stands for...
(I know,I'm a noob:nervous:)
All I can do now is Script, Map, and Hex.(I'm horrible at spriting, I won't even consider it as an option.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Also, for the second battle with Gary, (near the pokemon league entrance)

He has a Squirtle but not a Eevee

also at Prof Oak's lab, it says Bulbasaur when you go to nickname Pikachu

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2008
thansk for the answers. The only thing I really actually liked about Yellow over the other Pokemon games was that you could get all 3 starter pokemon and the original 151 are the best imo. I enjoyed silver/gold, but it wasn't the same.

I also want to add that there are A TON of hacks and stuff that people start creating that seem amazing and ground breaking, but never get finished because the work gets too long, repetitive, and boring. I strongly encourage that you try not to do too much at 1st. Just get the basics and down and then go back over and change poke'mon random encounters and such to specifically mimic Poke'mon Yellow (if you planned on that). I doubt people care that much about detail. Maybe you should post your ideas of what you want on a list and have people say if they really care whether you add that content or not. Then make sure the most popular stuff is in the game and possibly adding the other stuff later.

P.S. About that screen shot with Team Rocket JESSIEJAMES, can you add a &? So it Is JESSIE&JAMES

Last edited:
Years
Also, for the second battle with Gary, (near the pokemon league entrance)

He has a Squirtle but not a Eevee

also at Prof Oak's lab, it says Bulbasaur when you go to nickname Pikachu
Thanks for the bug report.
I'll work on it right away.

thansk for the answers. The only thing I really actually liked about Yellow over the other Pokemon games was that you could get all 3 starter pokemon and the original 151 are the best imo. I enjoyed silver/gold, but it wasn't the same.

I also want to add that there are A TON of hacks and stuff that people start creating that seem amazing and ground breaking, but never get finished because the work gets too long, repetitive, and boring. I strongly encourage that you try not to do too much at 1st. Just get the basics and down and then go back over and change poke'mon random encounters and such to specifically mimic Poke'mon Yellow (if you planned on that). I doubt people care that much about detail. Maybe you should post your ideas of what you want on a list and have people say if they really care whether you add that content or not. Then make sure the most popular stuff is in the game and possibly adding the other stuff later.

P.S. About that screen shot with Team Rocket JESSIEJAMES, can you add a &? So it Is JESSIE&JAMES
I can't change it it JESSIE&JAMES(I Originally wanted to..)
Not enough Text Space, it glitches up the battle.

And I'll add whatever I can.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Thanks for the bug report.
I'll work on it right away.

Just put J&J.

lol.

Better off like tht

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021

Well, you could ask mitchel1 about that, because he figured it out. :\
He had a glitch in his hack, but got it fixed.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
t

gary's starter pokemon is actually squirtle NOT a eveee in the anime...squirtle is his first pokemon he ever got, he catches evee later on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back