• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~ 【Serpentine Pokemon Club】 ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
PYFyn.jpg

This club was made for everyone who likes Pokémon with serpentine bodies, doesn't matter for what reason.
Here, we'll just chill and enjoy serpent pokemon, just like Lucy above.
We can talk about strategies, monobody teams, personal preferences, movesets, trivia and almost everything that includes pokemons with an alongated body.
If some of your favorite pokemons are serpentine, come and join! Nobody here will bite, I guess.

Rules
  • Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Clubs' rules.
  • Please don't spam, troll or harass.
  • Try to keep active!
  • Everyone can choose one partner Pokemon from the list upon joining and give a nickname to it if so it's wanted.
  • When someone is declareted the winner in 3 contests, this person can have another partner.
  • The maximum number of partners is 3.
    - If you already reached this maximum number but can have another partner, you can replace one of yours for the new one.
  • Everyone can suggest new topics.
  • Enjoy!

• Username:
  • Partner Pokemon:
  • Reason for joining:
  • Answer the current topic:

List of Pokemon {scroll}
010.png
011.png
013.png
014.png
023.png
024.png
095.png
130.png
147.png
148.png
206.png
208.png
218.png
219.png
247.png
265.png
336.png
350.png
367.png
368.png
384.png
412.png
413.png
487-origin.png
497.png

Members {scroll}

• Mononoke Hime -
148.png

• Galoria -
147.png

• CourageHound -
024.png

• metal64meli -
336.png

• Avishka -
497.png

• AlexOzzyCake -
023.png

• TwilightBlade -
350.png

• Seraphimon-sama -
487-origin.png

• AWsquared -
497.png

• Moxie -
350.png

Current Topic
What would your reaction be to meeting your serpentine partner for the first time? (provided they are in final serpentine form)
What about a wild one? Would you be scared, nervous, delighted, etc?
{jan, 2}

Last edited:

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years

• Username: Galoria
  • Partner Pokemon:
    147.png
  • Reason for joining: Because I love you! xD
    Well, because I like Dratini, Milotic Gyarados etc... . They're graceful and cute. I don't think I have all the time a serpentine Pokémon, but I like them. Mainly Dratini and Milotic :3
  • Answer the current topic: Because this one is awesome. I love cute Pokémon anyway, and I don't matter about stronger Pokémon :3 I remember when I bought my Dratini at GoldenR' City. It was so hard to train it, but at the end, well you know! D:

Last edited:

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Hiya and welcome to the club Galoria. You're the first! It's nice to see you here.

I don't care so much about picking overpowered pokemon too, I prefer so much more to stick with the ones I have empathy.

Dratini is really a hard pokemon to train, but as you've almost said, latter all the effort is recompensated.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Username: CourageHound
Partner Pokemon: Lain the Arbok
Reason for joining: Well I've always liked and admired snakes and related animals. I've always wanted a pet snake as well although some people may disagree :nervous:. Anyway I think this club is very creative and i'm going to enjoy it very nicely.
Answer the current topic: Well I like poison types, snakes, and huge things. So between Arbok and Seviper. Sevipers a nice 8'10 ft tall, while Arbok is a friggin huge 11' 6 ft. And overall I like Arbok's simpler yet more manecing design. Also take a look at its power!!

Bulbapedia Dex~
This Pokémon is terrifically strong in order to constrict things with its body. It can even flatten steel oil drums. Once Arbok wraps its body around its foe, escaping its crunching embrace is impossible.

There are bunch of other cool things about Arbok too such as growing back body parts and what not. Man I love poison types...

So my partner is the gigantic lovable Arbok!

Last edited:

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Reason for joining: Well I've always liked and admired snakes and related animals. I've always wanted a pet snake as well although some people may disagree :nervous:. Anyway I think this club is very creative and i'm going to enjoy it very nicely.
Answer the current topic: Well I like poison types, snakes, and huge things. So between Arbok and Seviper. Sevipers a nice 8'10 ft tall, while Arbok is a friggin huge 11' 6 ft. And overall I like Arbok's simpler yet more manecing design. So my partner is the gigantic lovable Arbok!

Welcome, CourageHound! I'm sure you and Lain the arbok will enjoy here! :)

I don't feel confortable with buying animals nor take them away from their natural habitats, but if it wasn't that case and it was more like rescuing a snake, than I don't see any problem at all.

We're two here, because I also adore pokemons that are bigger than me.
Like if it was real life, and I could feel totally safe with them walking by the street with me.

Years
Username: metal64meli
Partner Pokemon: Seviper
Reason for joining: I really love pokemon such as Arbok, Steelix, Dratini, Seviper, and Gyarados.
Answer the current topic: Actually I love snakes, my favorite is the coral snake, that's why I chose Seviper, because it looks like it. Besides, I remember having one in my party in Ruby, It even got stronger than my Blaziken *-*

CourageHound

Years
Welcome, CourageHound! I'm sure you and Lain the arbok will enjoy here! :)

I don't feel confortable with buying animals nor take them away from their natural habitats, but if it wasn't that case and it was more like rescuing a snake, than I don't see any problem at all.

Yea. I'm also against the actual purchasing of exotic snakes due to the numerous amounts of people who discard them :\. But yea if it were for a good cause like rescuing as you said, that would be great.

We're two here, because I also adore pokemons that are bigger than me.
Like if it was real life, and I could feel totally safe with them walking by the street with me.

Exactly! Besides all the turning heads I think a giant serpentine buddy/body guard would be great for an evening stroll :D

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Anyway, all kind of life you're buying is bad...
But, Arbok is pretty badass! No one can release, sell, or even discard.

I'm surprised that no one took Rayquaza xD
I love the story about Rayquaza, even in the movie. People says that Rayquaza was stupid to attack Deoxys and all...but Rayquaza wanted to protect the world and all Pokémon. I love the way that how rayquaza protect others. With a noble and a great power, as in Asian mythology!

They should add more serpentines Pokémon. Like a Dark or Psychic one D:

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
LET'S QUOTE EVERYBODY
mew_dance.gif

metal64meli said:
Username: metal64meli
Partner Pokemon: Seviper
Reason for joining: I really love pokemon such as Arbok, Steelix, Dratini, Seviper, and Gyarados.
Answer the current topic: Actually I love snakes, my favorite is the coral snake, that's why I chose Seviper, because it looks like it. Besides, I remember having one in my party in Ruby, It even got stronger than my Blaziken *-*

Welcome metal64meli! Hope you enjoy your stay.
o: Wow, of all that I've heard about Blaziken, I never though I would see someone making this statement.

CourageHound said:
Exactly! Besides all the turning heads I think a giant serpentine buddy/body guard would be great for an evening stroll

Haha it would definitely be funny!

Galoria said:
I love the way that how rayquaza protect others. With a noble and a great power, as in Asian mythology!

And I must say that I love when Rayquaza enters the scene in the game, like jesus.

Galoria said:
When I finished the pokemon list I thought the exactly same thing. There are so few serpentine pokemon.
This surprises me when it comes from Japan, since oriental dragons are so important in the mythology for them.
I don't mean they should do more dragon types based on serpents, but simply more serpentine pokemon since they remind me of snakes and/or dragons.

CourageHound

Years
Anyway, all kind of life you're buying is bad...
But, Arbok is pretty badass! No one can release, sell, or even discard.

I'm surprised that no one took Rayquaza xD
I love the story about Rayquaza, even in the movie. People says that Rayquaza was stupid to attack Deoxys and all...but Rayquaza wanted to protect the world and all Pokémon. I love the way that how rayquaza protect others. With a noble and a great power, as in Asian mythology!

I only adopt animals :L
But wasnt Rayquaza attacking deoxys cuz it was being territorial :\?

Anyway, what made you choose dratini over Dragonair Galoria?

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Well, yes. But in the movie, they mentionned it so badly.
Rayquaza is the master of sky, and surfing across the sky and above the atmosphere.

Only if the need arises, and if it senses iminant danger on the planet, his power awakes and him with it to push and eject the invaders.
I do not think it is a matter of "territory" but duty. A duty guard who must protect.
Just as its important to calm the two essential elements on the earth "Earth" Groudon and "Water" Kyogre.

Aww that good if adopt animals <3

Hmmm, I love little and cute things.
To me the evolution of Dratini is more powerful, and a little less beautiful than Dratini. But it is more graceful, that's for sure! But I preferer Dratini.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: Avishka
Partner Pokemon:
497.png

Reason for joining: bcuz they have nice designs and some quite strong
Answer the current topic:
Why did you choose your partner pokemon?
Snivy, Servine, and Serperior are all based on snakes/serpents and probably also the part of Genesis in the Bible that says that the serpents was "the most crafty of all the animals God had made." [Sn(Snake)ivy, Ser(Serpent)vine, Serp(Serpent)erior]

CourageHound

Years
Hmm. For the time being may I suggest a new topic?

In what ways do you view the species of your partner or your partner pokemon specifically, as unique from the other serpentine pokemon?

I view Arbok a very cool and unquie due to its generall dex information and how admirably strong is. Making itself a known predetor and not to be taken lightly. As such, an Arbok under the partnership of a trainer can prove to be a valuable ally.
I also think its stats(for NU at least) to be well rounded and it can get done what its meant to do with trouble from only a few pokemon while still eing able to leave a mark before it goes down(like its once trademark move; Glare).

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
In what ways do you view the species of your partner or your partner pokemon specifically, as unique from the other serpentine pokemon?

According to pokedex:
Dragonair {ハクリュー} #148
Species - Dragon Pokémon
148.gif

Dragonair are long, serpentine Pokémon that can be up to 13 feet long. They have dark, glossy eyes and a small horn on their foreheads. On either side of their heads are small feathery wings. Dragonair are covered in sapphire blue scales, except for their bellies, which are a bright white. A feature unique to Dragonair are the small blue orbs that appear under their necks and on the ends of their tails.

All this looks just p e r f e c t to me, but they have something more that hypnotizes me, that makes them ideal just like they are.
I don't like dragonite as much as I like dragonair, though they're much more powerful and bold. I think dragonair still a pretty good in their tier, and do very well their job.
Also, I love alongated pokemons, I love oriental dragons, I love how they're so close to the water, and I love their little wings and the fact that (in the anime) they're mentioned as being capeble of flight. For me, this is the ultimate serpent pokemon.

Topic up date:
What do you think about don't having any limbs?

Last edited by a moderator:

CourageHound

Years
Answering Current Topic: How do you feel about not having any limbs?

Ummm.....*pretends/imagines to not have any limbs*. Well i'm not sure if I can accurately speak for all serpents :cheeky:, but imagine once you get used to it, it's not such a big deal. Especially if your not born with any limbs(Sorry snivy) but I sure having a muscle filled body and a long tail makes up for it in sum ways. Lets you down at others. But snakes survive and thats all that counts.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Mononoke Hime said:
"Topic: What do you think about not having any limbs?"

"LET'S QUOTE EVERYBODY
mew_dance.gif
"

... Ahahah okay before joining, can I just say that Mononoke Hime you are my new favourite person ever. Anyway, onwards!

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon: The first true serpent Pokémon;
023.png

Reason for joining: Snakes are just badass, that's pretty much my whole reason! They're creatures of such enormous power and strength to the extent that some snakes can effortlessly crush a whole car and that's without even having limbs - if that's not impressive then I don't know what is. Plus most of the snake Pokémon are adorableee ♥

What do you think about not having any limbs?
... I can't even express how much I love this topic with words. I have no idea how it'd feel, but the concept is wonderful paha. I think it'd be pretty horrible, I'd miss my limbs if I didn't have them. I feel sorry for poor Pokémon like Snivy or Larvitar which evolve to lose their limbs; surely that's the opposite of evolution! Not that it matters when your body is strong enough to crush 90% of enemies that cross you. The smaller snakes like Ekans and Dratini drew the short straw here whilst having very few benefits to their snake form, but then they evolve into huge hulking beasts capable of huge powers making them some of my favourite Pokémon. In summary: Snakes are freaking cool.

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
... Ahahah okay before joining, can I just say that Mononoke Hime you are my new favourite person ever. Anyway, onwards!
Sure this wasn't something that I expected to hear from anyone here n_n <3
Welcome to the club, anyway!

I feel sorry for poor Pokémon like Snivy or Larvitar which evolve to lose their limbs; surely that's the opposite of evolution! Not that it matters when your body is strong enough to crush 90% of enemies that cross you.
Naw I don't think this is the opposite of evolution. Real life snakes are one of the most formidable adaptability exemple, since they vary so much in size and way of living and killing.
The thing is, they envolved to be just like this. They don't even need any limbs, because they're very well just the way they are.
As you've said, their bodies are or monstruous for their most usual enemies or have extremely poisonous fangs.
Also, even the smallest snakes are incredibely fast and agile.

I don't think that "missing" limbs are a problem when your entire species is born that way, actually this don't make any difference for them because they're better off that way since before we ever existed.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Username: TwilightBlade
Partner Pokemon: Milotic
Reason for joining: I'm quite fond of many serpent-like Pokemon, such as Arbok, Dragonair, Steelix, and Gorebyss. I much prefer Dragonair's streamline appearance over Dragonite's bulkiness. Like, I seriously consider not evolving it. D; The others have pretty designs, especially Arbok's chest pattern, Steelix being entirely made of well steel, anddd Gorebyss.. chest, yeah! ;D Lol I'll stop there. She's pink, what's not to like? I absolutely adore Milotic's design too. It's a huge step up from Feebas, heck yeah!
Answer the current topic: What do you think about not having any limbs?
For humans, it's kinda scary, at least for me. I'll find ways to get by, grow strong, and maintain my level of happiness. x) For Pokemon, well at the end of the day, some of these become (or already are) beastly forces to be reckoned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back