• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Electric Pokemon Did You Use?

Which Electric Pokemon Did You Use?

• Luxray

Votes: 92 64.3%
  • Raichu

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Electivire

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Other (Please list)

Votes: 27 18.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Since I found a need for an Electric-type on my team quite early on in the game, I caught a Shinx more or less straight away, that ended up being my Luxray.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I would always always pick Ampharos for nostalgia in HGSS, though I did that too much and I'm forcing myself not to, lol. I love Ampharos. :]

I used Luxray once and it was realllyyy slow, Electivire was alright for one time use, after that I didn't really use any other electrics ingame.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
If I do choose to use an electric type in a Sinnoh run, it'll always be the Shinx line. I can get them early and train them well and they are fairly useful.

In Johto it'll always be Ampharos because it is adorable and pretty good as well. :3

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Luxray, just because I love it, and it was like the first pokemon I encountered. Besides Bidoof :P

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
Probably going against every piece of advice there is about forming a team, I actually have two electric Pokémon on SoulSilver, Raichu (nicknamed Thunder) and Luxray (nicknamed Zaps). :D Both are levelled up to the mid-90's as are the rest of the team. My main goal is to reach Lv. 100 for all of them, which I think is a lot harder to do on HG/SS than it is in B/W with it's new EXP system and the higher leveled teams you can face.

I need to get plushies for the team actually - I already have the Umbreon and Raichu... trying to get the Luxray now.

[/ramble]

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Luxray in Pearl, Jolteon in Platinum, and Ampharos in SS. Luxray doesn't get any really good physical Electric type moves, so it got hard to use in the later games. Jolteon's high Speed and Special Attack were awesome as usual, but Ampharos' low Speed proved to be a liability sometimes.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
On my first play through of HeartGold my initial team didn't have one, but then I migrated my Electabuzz from FireRed and evolved that into Electivire during the Kanto part of the journey. In my most recent play through I used Ampharos.

I didn't use an Electric type in Pearl. I really need to play through that game again, but since it was my least favourite of the main series games I haven't had the motivation to.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
Electivire all the way, because Electabuzz is one of my favourites, if I'm playing causally.

On the competitive side, I use Luxray quite often.

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
My last run of diamond I used a Raichu. Used luxray during the first playthrough.
On my plat nuzlocke I'm using Magnezone.
HG is usually Ampharos <3 I'm currently using Lanturn on my current playthrough :3

Years
I used Ampharos on my team during the main story in SoulSilver, I boxed her afterwards but she helped me catch Suicune.

Years
The shinx line, because they were avaliable very early in the game and Luxray has awesome attack so he was very useful in battles for me. Also I thought Luxray's design was really cool so I wanted one. :)

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I've never been much of a fan of Electric type Pokemon. I've always found that they have rather limited movepools compared to the other types. That might just be my lack of experience with them, but I've yet to find an Electric type that I really like. Usually I find myself a Psychic type (or another Pokemon that can easily learn Electric type attacks) and teach it Thunderbolt.

I have, however, used both Electivire and Luxray at some point, but I suppose that when I've been playing Platinum that Magnezone has appeared on my team more often than the other two, so I'll have to choose Other this time around.

Ampharos found its way onto my team in SS multiple times, mostly because it's so easy to get in the early stages of the game, and right before a Flying type gym no less! Magneton and Lanturn appeared once or twice, but less so than Ampharos did. As I mentioned before though, a Kadabra with Thunderbolt was far more common than Ampharos ever was.

Back