• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
As long as you have the right password, and click the numbers in that order one by one, it should notify "Code deciphered".
I restarted my Android phone and tried once again. It works ;). Not sure if it was my mistake (entering password incorrectly) or GBCoid error...

And once again I have one question
Spoiler:

I'm a bit confused, I finished 4 subquests an idk what should I do next xD.

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Haha, not to go back to beta 3.1, but i was wondering if there might possibly be a hint on how to find the flareon page? I have the others and have retraced (seemingly) the whole map multiple times and can't find it. I was trying to find it before i started 4 to figure out what to do with my eevee
Spoiler:

My personal suggestion would be simply evolving to the upper-form which "fits" to the team at first and think about changing it later.

Thanks! I had tried that earlier, but I think I didn't reset the ROM after I tried it.
Okay, good to hear you got it working.

Okay, so I played around some more with the battle simulator on Mediocre level and came across two overpowered Pokemon.

Kadabra (uses Psybeam) - Psybeam is entirely too powerful, especially at that level. It kills basically anything in two hits.

Hitmontop (uses Focus Energy / Rolling Kick) - An incredibly deadly combination. I can only get around it by putting it to sleep and Razor Leaf-ing it to death with Ivysaur. Rolling Kick is too powerful at the Mediocre level, especially after a boost @_@

I'd definitely recommend changing these, because it makes it hard to train with those two running around.
It's just like jwibagi explained. Battle Simulator is only for grinding when needed and it's not supposed to be easy to gain levels just like that. In fact, you shouldn't need training with Mediocre mode until facing Arnold and at that point, that Kadabra shouldn't be that bad.

However, it's still not a bad thing if you accidentally lose since only a little amount of money is lost in the process. Normally you'd lose half of your money, but that's reduced to something a bit less than 1/16.

Anyway, all the training modes have their weak and strong "parts". There are 5 different trainers in each mode of which one is picked up randomly for the fight. One of the possible simulations has pokemon that are close to the average level, and then again, there are two below that and two whose pokemon are tougher.

And I think it works just fine as it is. After all, I didn't intend to make it so you could win every single opponent just like that.

Since our usual way of talking isn't working, I'll try to help around here.
If you remember the Bill event in Ecruteak City's PokeCenter, you might know what I am about to suggest: why not have an informant come upto you and talk to you about the Battle Simulators the first time you enter The Capital's PokeCenter? That way, finding about the Battle Simulator is required, direct, and very obvious.
Huh? Why didn't I think of that? :)
Sure, implementing that in the game could be a good way to solve the issue.

By the way, Miksy91, I'm at Milky Village right now. So far, I really like the updates you put in.
My progress was bit stalled by the fact that I accidentally corrupted the save file on the Flash Cart the first time I played, and just used VBA to catch up.
It was definitely worth the wait, and by the looks of the comments, people love your hack - don't give up ever!
Thanks! I guess I've no choice but to continue then, hahha!

I restarted my Android phone and tried once again. It works ;). Not sure if it was my mistake (entering password incorrectly) or GBCoid error...

And once again I have one question
Spoiler:

I'm a bit confused, I finished 4 subquests an idk what should I do next xD.
Spoiler:

Well there are certainly three more sidequests you can finish. If you want help with them, feel free to ask.
Also, would be helpful to know which sidequests you've done this far.

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Also, would be helpful to know which sidequests you've done this far.
Spoiler:

Btw. What is chance to catch Super Onix? Same as legendary pokemons? I tried over half hour using quick save/quick load and finally catched it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2015
Managed 6 side-quests, but I don't know what to do now, nor what was unlocked at the 5th.
Spoiler:

Amazing hack by the way.

miksy91

Years
Btw. What is chance to catch Super Onix? Same as legendary pokemons? I tried over half hour using quick save/quick load and finally catched it.
Mr_Vu answered your other question pretty much already (although probably not intentionally). I'll give rest of the info here.

The catch rate of Super Onix is probably a bit smaller than that for the legendary birds (in other words, catching it is a bit more difficult). I don't remember the exact value and don't have a tool to check it out just like that.

Managed 6 side-quests, but I don't know what to do now, nor what was unlocked at the 5th.
You're missing one, and absolutely the most ridiculous, sidequest. That's "King of the Sea" sidequest. In other words, you've gotta become a better magikarp trainer than Fisherman Dustin. If you want to complete that too (although that's totally optional and won't even serve for any good purpose), have "fun"! :D

What was unlocked at fifth you say?
Spoiler:

Amazing hack by the way.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Is HM Cut Necessary to get through the storyline? I taught it to Umbreon (for whatever reason it can learn Cut)

Also, I beat the sage tower right after I beat Team Darkness Leader for the second time. I barely won (only two PKMN left by the end of the fight)

Thank god for all that grinding.

miksy91

Years
Is HM Cut Necessary to get through the storyline? I taught it to Umbreon (for whatever reason it can learn Cut)
No idea how that kind of an error has popped up...
Anyways, I'll be fixing that for further releases.

I don't think you'll be needing Cut in the game though. If you do, you can just return to PC to grab your "cutter" there.

Also, I beat the sage tower right after I beat Team Darkness Leader for the second time. I barely won (only two PKMN left by the end of the fight)

Thank god for all that grinding.
Yeah, that battle can be difficult if you don't have real type advantage.

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Ok, I found other two quest without help. But I didn't know what I missed... Now I know ;)
That's "King of the Sea" sidequest.

This quest with time limit is awesome. And has cool reward ;).

And this Battle Simulator, I really like it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2015
What was unlocked at fifth you say?
Spoiler:

Oh... my... god... too hard, managed to beat one with a lot of quick saves/loads, but when you rely on the chance the opponent's first pokemon will miss and get frozen solid, you know you're not ready.

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Oh... my... god... too hard(...)
I used my Alakazam level... erm... probably 65 or 70 (I forgot). His Psychic + Future Sight is practically undefeatable (I use Future Sight to beat Dark Type pokemons). I won all ;).

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
cool .. battle rooms are very useful :)) i can train and train my pokemon more without bush grinding :)) and dafuq i wasted my 50bp on a magikarp XD acts of my careless gaming hahaha :D
and p.s. is that ?????? thing worth 9999bp obtainable ?? any clues on what is it ?? hehe :)

miksy91

Years
cool .. battle rooms are very useful :)) i can train and train my pokemon more without bush grinding :)) and dafuq i wasted my 50bp on a magikarp XD acts of my careless gaming hahaha :D
and p.s. is that ?????? thing worth 9999bp obtainable ?? any clues on what is it ?? hehe :)
Yeah, like aka4794 said, you migth want to buy that "thing" sometime in the game. Whatever it may be...

what is meant by active/normal battle mode???
There are two battle modes in normal pokemon silver - Shift and Set. "Normal" battle mode is simply "Shift" mode from the original version, but "Active" battle mode is an asm hack to "Set" mode to add another simple functionality. It won't make a big difference to "Set" mode though.

Also thanks, aka4794, for answering some of these questions! I'm actually even a bit bored of replying to everything.
There are threads of the hack elsewhere as well, and besides, I've also gotten private messages asking lots of different stuff.

And what comes to that thing, I'm planning to make a video containing information about all kinds of secrets and sidequests of the game (no one this far has found them all, that I can say for sure!). That's mostly for describing how to finish all the sidequests and that kind of stuff, so that there wouldn't have to be that much explaining to do :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2015
Love the beta! Almost finished playing it.
Could anyone tell me how you're supposed to get Zapdos? I've been chasing the damn thing around forever but can't corner it.

miksy91

Years
Love the beta! Almost finished playing it.
Could anyone tell me how you're supposed to get Zapdos? I've been chasing the damn thing around forever but can't corner it.
Thanks!
And what comes to chasing Zapdos, there is ~20% chance (I remember it being lower when I first build this script, but I think I modified to be around 20% later) it will run up the stairs when it's flown next to them (upper-right corner). When it has done that, it won't try to escape you anymore (had this in mind from the start too.
Not like it would have totally gone away but disappeared for a while and attacked you by surprise or something. *would have made the player think "Not again....").

Oh wow it's finally in a near complete version! Nice downloading now
Well actually, there is a high chance there will still be beta 5 before the complete release. But beta 4 is really far in the development already so try it out and see how it is :)

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Also thanks, aka4794, for answering some of these questions!
No problem. If I can (I mean 'If I know answer' ;)), I help.

Anyway I also have question. I used hfd (Idk what is full name this tool, I got it in tool pack...) to look for pokemon moves list but it show me some strange things - some pokemons don't have moves, some pokemon have strange moveset (like Nidoran[M]: Defense Curl, Slash, Swift, Sandstorm - it looks like Sandslash moveset).
Did you change place when moveset is located?

And, I have an idea for event - I'll send it using PM (but I must write it correctly [I still have problem with English ^.^']).

Back