• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Red/Blue Play Times

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
We're coming up on the 13th and 14th year anniversary of Blue and Red in Europe and North American, respectively. We've all had a lot of time to play these games many many times. I wanna know how long it usually takes you to play through to the Elite 4/Mewtwo, speed runs, solo runs, or any other kind of run. Give me some times and how you played the game.

Last time I played through with just a Blastoise and some HM slaves I got through in about 15 or 20 hours. It was a while back. I'm just starting a run of a full party, I'll post back my exact time after I beat the elite 4.

AresTheAwesome

The Awesome Trainer...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
I don't speed run, but i beat my last playthrough in 28 hours, of course there are those times i dont have time to save so i just close my SP turn the volume off and set it down for awhile.
Even factoring that prolly 25 hour run. It was my first playthrough of the blue version honestly, I'd only played yellow before it so...

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
The fastest I've beaten RGBY was 6 hours on my game boy. I trained my starter only and I caught the legendary birds and mew. When I play nowadays it takes me 20 hours because I train Pokèmon's other then starter and I don't use legendary birds

Back