• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen WHITE 2 VS BLACK 2

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I like white 2 better. And I hate to sound so shallow but its only because I cant stand black 2's cover. I hate it, there for white 2 is better :P

ShiningLust

Gym Leader of Ground Oden
Years
i gotta question about Black 2 and White 2 whats the difference between Black and White can anyone tell me the difference

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I like White 2s zone differences a lot more, but Black 2 has my main save file. At least I can send over White Forest- it's really pretty. °3° Opelucid City also looks a lot nicer, but Route 4 is pretty much a draw to me. I also think White 2 has better exclusives, and a nicer looking battle UI (I wish you could swap UI colors with a key!).

Edit: almost forgot! Reversal Mountain is also a draw for me, they both look nice, but the Black 2 version has much better background music IMO.

Last edited:

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I didn't get White 2, but I played a bit of my friend's White 2. I like Black 2 better.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Depends on which version-exclusive Pokemon you want to play. I shouldn't have got White 2 because I prefer to play Zekrom rather than Reshiram. The powerful Garchomp and Prankster Whimsicott are in Black 2 as well, making Black 2 my preferred option.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
White 2.

I never use legendaries, so I don't even know which is which. But of the rest of the version exclusives, the only ones I prefer in Black 2 are Heracross and Lopunny, while White 2 has Braviary, Camerupt, Reuniclus and Lilligant. And I prefer both old Opelucid City and White Treehollow.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I got Black 2 to follow with my Black version, but also because:

- Black Kyurem... Who cares what Smogon says, Black Kyurem is boss.
- Exclusives. I believe Magby and Heracross are exclusives. Heracross not so much since you can find it in the Hidden Grotto in White 2, but the possibility of finding Heracross in the grass appeals to me. Also Latios and Gible. The only good things White has are Reuniclus and Braviary, and I only really care about Braviary. Not going to get White because of one Pokémon that isn't even a legendary.
- I think Black versions are the true canon of 5th gen.
- The developmental look of Black versions appeals more to me, although the White Opelucid City looks nice.

White 2.

I never use legendaries, so I don't even know which is which. But of the rest of the version exclusives, the only ones I prefer in Black 2 are Heracross and Lopunny, while White 2 has Braviary, Camerupt, Reuniclus and Lilligant. And I prefer both old Opelucid City and White Treehollow.

Lilligant and Heracross aren't exclusives.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

White 2 for me because it is the only one I have played so far! White was my other game and I wanted to do a perfect continuation of it. I do plan to play Black 2 soon though so maybe my opinion will change after I do so!

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
White 2 for me, though I wish some of the exclusive Pokemon could have been swapped. :c
Other than that, I love how homely it is compared to the differences in Black 2, with its old stone buildings in Opelucid, and giant towering trees in White Forest. <333
I played White 1 and then Black 2, just so I could enjoy the feel of different exclusive pokemon and a technology instead of nature. :P

The fact that I like the color combination of black-blue more than white-red is the biggest reason why I like Black 2 more. Superficial, right?

Back