• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Defeat the Elite Four & Champion with 1 Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

What!?
Years
Oh... well I was using the same computer that couldn't view youtube. I'll view it now, thanks.

Edit 1: Alright, I saw it. However, how did you make it go so fast? Remember: "Abosolutely no cheating and/or hacking. This means all Pokemon must be legit, along with moves and stats. Trading, of course, is allowed (and so is migrating); but Pokemon obtained via hacking are not allowed to be used. Please be honest here."
I'll let it slide now, but from here on out speed enhancers are also illegal.

I'll get to your as well myrrhman.

This is legit don't worry. i recorded it on an emulator, and I only use speed boost which fast forwards the game. I didn't cheat in any way, it's just so I could spam moves and make it easier.

Years
I am aware of this. However, I still request that people don't do that; partially so we can actually watch it, not just see that you won. You're still counted though :D Conragulations, haha.
I'll await your Johto Blastoise run as well.

-------------------------------------------------

So is this a community wide event type thing to try to beat all the leagues with all the Pokemon? If so then I'll do my part. Regardless, I have a video of my Snorlax solo, the part you're interested in is about 2:13 on.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll_Q5qgExsk
*watched*
It appears you breachd a few rules...:
A. "You may bring only 1 Pokemon. You cannot bring any other Pokemon, even if it's just to switch in so you can use an item. This is not allowed; only 1 Pokemon may be brought. The others must not be in your party at all, but in your box."
Please abide by this. I saw that you had 2 others in your party. But, for the sake of abosulte legitimacy, I request you don't. Though I saw they weren't used at all, so I'll let in this particular situation, I'd let it slide this time. the more important breach is B.
B. "Abosolutely no cheating, and/or hacking. This means all Pokemon must be legit, along with moves and stats. Gameplay cheats such as speed enhancements, etc. are also not allowed. (Emulators are definantly not prefered.)Trading Pokemon, of course, are allowed (and so is migrating); but Pokemon obtained via hacking are not allowed to be used. Please be honest here."
You cannot obtain Snorlax when you originally did (it's shown you caught it before the 1st Gym). Therefore Snorlax wasn't legitimitly obtained, and is not qualified to participate. This is nothing personal, I'm aware that it's the same, just obtained earlier in the game. However, the rules are the rules. Also, I didn't post the no emulators speed bost part before you posted. But I did afterwords, so know that for future reference.

If you'll do it again in the future, please abide by these rules (especially about hacking in a Pokemon instead of naturally catching it).

Last edited:

The Doctor

What!?
Years
I am aware of this. However, I still request that people don't do that; partially so we can actually watch it, not just see that you won. You're still counted though :D Conragulations, haha.

*watched*
A. "You may bring only 1 Pokemon. You cannot bring any other Pokemon, even if it's just to switch in so you can use an item. This is not allowed; only 1 Pokemon may be brought. The others must not be in your party at all, but in your box."
Please abide by this. I saw that you had 2 others in your party. But, for the sake of abosulte legitimacy, I request you don't. Though I saw they weren't used at all, so I'll let in this particular situation, I'd let it slide this time. the more important breach is B.
B. "Abosolutely no cheating, and/or hacking. This means all Pokemon must be legit, along with moves and stats. Gameplay cheats such as speed enhancements, etc. are also not allowed. (Emulators are definantly not prefered.)Trading Pokemon, of course, are allowed (and so is migrating); but Pokemon obtained via hacking are not allowed to be used. Please be honest here."
You cannot obtain Snorlax when you originally did (it's shown you caught it before the 1st Gym). Therefore Snorlax wasn't legitimitly obtained, and is not qualified to participate. This is nothing personal, I'm aware that it's the same, just obtained earlier in the game. However, the rules are the rules. Also, I didn't post the no emulators speed bost part before you posted. But I did afterwords, so know that for future reference.

If you'll do it again in the future, please abide by these rules (especially about hacking in a Pokemon instead of naturally catching it).

If that last bit was about me then I had no other pokes with me. And I will have my Johto one up soon I think :D

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

*watched*

I'm still a little confused about the no speed button rule. I sort of understand where you're coming from, but I just want your input on why its cheating. I've seen a couple people say that using the speed button is cheating, and honestly I just don't understand. It doesn't alter the game in any way, it literally just makes you, the judge, have to watch less video. If you have anything else to say about this, please do, I'm trying to figure all of this out, not only for your challenge, but for every challenge I come across with this rule in place. I'm not offended or trying to be a jerk about it, just curious.

Sorry about the hacking the snorlax in part, Honestly, I was doing another challenge and that was allowed, so long as it was hacked in at an appropriate level and moves and everything, and I kind of blanked on that one. Won't happen again.

For the no multiple Pokemon in the party rule: I was doing another challenge, that I decided to do myself (didn't see a thread for it at the time), called the catch 'em all challenge. Basically the goal is to just fill up the entire Pokedex with all 151 Pokemon. I did that, and thus have a ROM with all the fully evolved Pokemon in my PC. They have all been obtained legally, no hacking in master balls or rare candies (took forever in the Elite Four lol). Anyways, I'm planning on using that ROM to do this many times, and I was wondering if for time's sake, I could have 1 other Pokemon in my team that can learn Fly. As you would be able to see in my videos, he wouldn't be used in battle at all, the only thing he would be used for is after I beat the Elite Four with say a Venusaur, I could immediately Fly back to Indigo Plateau and switch Venusaur for a Charizard, and beat it again. Otherwise, I would have to walk all the way to Viridian City before I could get someone with Fly, only to Fly to Indigo to deposit him.

Years
I'm still a little confused about the no speed button rule. I sort of understand where you're coming from, but I just want your input on why its cheating. I've seen a couple people say that using the speed button is cheating, and honestly I just don't understand. It doesn't alter the game in any way, it literally just makes you, the judge, have to watch less video. If you have anything else to say about this, please do, I'm trying to figure all of this out, not only for your challenge, but for every challenge I come across with this rule in place. I'm not offended or trying to be a jerk about it, just curious.

Sorry about the hacking the snorlax in part, Honestly, I was doing another challenge and that was allowed, so long as it was hacked in at an appropriate level and moves and everything, and I kind of blanked on that one. Won't happen again.

For the no multiple Pokemon in the party rule: I was doing another challenge, that I decided to do myself (didn't see a thread for it at the time), called the catch 'em all challenge. Basically the goal is to just fill up the entire Pokedex with all 151 Pokemon. I did that, and thus have a ROM with all the fully evolved Pokemon in my PC. They have all been obtained legally, no hacking in master balls or rare candies (took forever in the Elite Four lol). Anyways, I'm planning on using that ROM to do this many times, and I was wondering if for time's sake, I could have 1 other Pokemon in my team that can learn Fly. As you would be able to see in my videos, he wouldn't be used in battle at all, the only thing he would be used for is after I beat the Elite Four with say a Venusaur, I could immediately Fly back to Indigo Plateau and switch Venusaur for a Charizard, and beat it again. Otherwise, I would have to walk all the way to Viridian City before I could get someone with Fly, only to Fly to Indigo to deposit him.

Well, on this particular challenge, the main reasons are:
-You can't do it normally. Whether or not it affects anything doesn't change the fact that it's cheating.
-I'd like to watch the battle myself.
-While unlikely, you may accidentaly pick a wrong move.
-It's a personal preference.

Anyway, I'll give way to this situation to fly back and forth. It;s just that in most games, there's a PC in the lobby. Wasn't aware this wasn't the case in Gen. I. But only for flying, it cannot be switched in at all.

(P.S. The only reason emulators are allowed at all (though strongly discouraged) is because some of the older games' batteries may have died, so that the save battery doesn't work and such. In those cases only I'd allow people to use an emulator that is an exact copy of the official game.)

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Well, on this particular challenge, the main reasons are:
-You can't do it normally. Whether or not it affects anything doesn't change the fact that it's cheating.
-I'd like to watch the battle myself.
-While unlikely, you may accidentaly pick a wrong move.
-It's a personal preference.

Anyway, I'll give way to this situation to fly back and forth. It;s just that in most games, there's a PC in the lobby. Wasn't aware this wasn't the case in Gen. I. But only for flying, it cannot be switched in at all.

(P.S. The only reason emulators are allowed at all (though strongly discouraged) is because some of the older games may have died, so that the save battery doesn't work and such. In those cases only I'd allow people to use an emulator that is an exact copy of the official game.)

Understood. I'll refrain from speeding.

Thanks for the Fly rule. Its not that there's not a PC in the lobby, its that there isn't one in all of Pallet Town (you have one in your room but you can only withdraw/deposit items.)

Years
Understood. I'll refrain from speeding.

Thanks for the Fly rule. Its not that there's not a PC in the lobby, its that there isn't one in all of Pallet Town (you have one in your room but you can only withdraw/deposit items.)
Oh yes, of course. Forgot about that. I'll give you permission to use a Fly slave, just and only to Fly there :).

---------------

Joshawott, I need a question answered before I put your Pidgey back up. How much did it level up in the process? What was it's beginning, and end level. That's all, thanks.

Last edited:

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Alright, your registered! Interesting story, I'm sure you needed those PP items lol.
But just to make sure, this IS the 2nd time, correct? After you've obtained all 16 badges. I assume so, seeing you have a level 100.

Yep. I got all 16 badges a long time ago, and the bellossom was traded from diamond where it hatched.

I tried the challenge Ninetails in pokemon black and I lost to Grimsley's Sharpedo. He wiped me out with waterfall. At I know know that metal powder only works with ditto. I'll try it with another one with energy ball sometime or grind some more.

Last edited:
Years
bewbs
OK, good :)
But oh wow, unfortuante that we had a Dark/Water type :p Good try though ^_^

The Opera Ghost
OK, I'll take a look at it when I get the chance.

Years
The Opera Ghost
Okay, I watched it :) However, there is one thing I need to know before you can be confirmed.
How did you obtain that Blastoise? It's not a starter on that game. Please be honest here, as if it was obtained via hacking, even if early on in the game, it is disqualified.

The Doctor

What!?
Years
The Opera Ghost
Okay, I watched it :) However, there is one thing I need to know before you can be confirmed.
How did you obtain that Blastoise? It's not a starter on that game. Please be honest here, as if it was obtained via hacking, even if early on in the game, it is disqualified.

I hacked it in as a starter at the very start of the game. I got it because I was ( still am technically ) doing an ultimate solo run with Blastoise throughout all five generations. If it's disqualified because of that then I'm sorry, but that's pretty stupid. I've raised it from level 5 legitly with nothing to help me and no extra items.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
We can trade, right? So if I want to do a Charizard solo in Silver, I can get a Charmander in Red and then trade it to Silver, right?

The Doctor

What!?
Years
This is understandable. However, the rules clearly show that hacked-in Pokemon are not allowed to be used. Sorry.

Sorry, I'll just go around telling every challenge that it's illegal to hack in a pokemon and train it up legitly. You're sounding like an absolute *CENSORED*. How the hell can I trade a Squirtle into Crystal? For one thing, I don't own the game, secondly, I cant trade on an emulator. Thirdly, I have nobody to trade with even if I did have it.

Years
-Abosolutely no cheating, and/or hacking. This means all Pokemon must be legit, along with moves and stats. Gameplay cheats such as speed enhancements, etc. are also not allowed. (Emulators are most definantly not prefered and highly discouraged.) Traded Pokemon, of course, are allowed (and so is migrating); but Pokemon obtained via hacking are not allowed to be used. Please be honest here.
That's why. It's the same reason I didn't allow myrrhman's Snorlax. This is one of the reasons emulators are discouraged- you can't trade on them.
In your situation, I suppose you simply cannot do Johto with your Blastoise.
But remember, you can still do other regions and do it with other Pokemon, as long as the Pokemon was legitly obtained. Really, it's nothing personal; just the rules of this challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Jobjro, with all your rule enforcing and such, I have to wonder where's YOUR entry? Just curious is all, since

da rulez said:
Thread creators must take part in their own challenges.
This is mainly to prevent people from starting ridiculously convoluted or hard challenges "because somebody might try it". If you start one, you must join it as well. If you have a good idea for a challenge but you can't join it for some reason, you may post it on the Challenge Ideas thread, so anybody who wants to try it can start their own thread. This is the most commonly broken rule guys, so let's try to fix that!

Years
Jobjro, with all your rule enforcing and such, I have to wonder where's YOUR entry? Just curious is all, since
Haha, sure. But I can only vagely remember it, since I did it last year... maybe 2 or 3. Anyway, it was a Charizard only solo-run, and I beat the Elite 4 over and over with it after the game. It usually went like this:

My Charizard knew: Fly, Blast Burn, [Wing Attack], [Flamethrower]. I took out the Ice member by spamming Fly, and an occasional Wing Attack. She was never easy because of the type advantage(s). I may need to use an item or 2 during that battle. From there, I Flamthrowered Bruno, he wasn't TOO hard, usually. Heal up. By now, I'm low on PP somewhat. I would get to Agatha, and maybe use some Blast Burn, as well as some of the others. She was the easiest. Then came Lance... well, by now I'm low on PP. And Fire is "not very effective" against dragon. Usually, I'd manage, but I may use a Struggle or 2 towards the end. Most times, by the time I get to Blue's 2 Pokemon, I struggle away! But with the help of Full Restores and being a level 100, I manage to win. I did it a multiple times, so the adventure slightly varied.

Tadaa!

P.S. I'm currently training multiple Pokemon which I plan to (re-)do this challenge with, so I'm not done yet. They just need some training :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back