• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonarche

Is back :D
Years
Try installing this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...34-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

It holds the 3D data for (part of the map)
The first 16 bytes tells you how big each of the 4 sections of a land data is. The numbers are stored in little endian form. You want to go to the part where the the model file starts. Search "BMD0", copy as many bytes as the beginning of the file says the third section is.

Example (land_data_release0)
are the first 16 bytes.
This tells us that the first section is 0x800 bytes long, the next is 0x180 and the third is 0x8924, so you go to 0x10+800+0x180 and copy 0x8924 and make a new file from it.

You are looking for two files. One you get by copying out the model section from the land data file. The other is in \fielddata\areadata\area_map_tex\map_tex_set.narc
The land data files are in \fielddata\landdata\land_data_release.narc.

Right.
uhh whaaa
can you plese make your instructions for extracting map from land_data_release0
simpler plese thanx sorry for the extra work iam n00b

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
Years
i have a question by modifying the same program used to translate the japanese version of pokemon platinum to english (a patch does exist not complete though) do you think we can make a script editor???

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
i have a question by modifying the same program used to translate the japanese version of pokemon platinum to english (a patch does exist not complete though) do you think we can make a script editor???
Scripts and text are two entirely different things.
Anyways, I have already made a script editor. Look some number of posts up.

It is a part of PPRE. Its not like the script editors for GBA because we don't know most of the commands, it would be great if you helped out with some commands.

I will be releasing a revamped version in a few weeks, maybe interpreting some commands that we already know.

uhh whaaa
can you plese make your instructions for extracting map from land_data_release0
simpler plese thanx sorry for the extra work iam n00b
Try searching for BMD0 in the land data file, then copy from the there (including BMD0) until you reach BHDC (don't include BHDC) and make a new file with that.
Not really since that is as easy as it gets.

Years
Would it be possible to make a combination hack? For example, a game with Ranger tiles and the same pokemon-encountering method but with classic battling a la diamond and pearl?

dragonarche

Is back :D
Years
Scripts and text are two entirely different things.
Anyways, I have already made a script editor. Look some number of posts up.

It is a part of PPRE. Its not like the script editors for GBA because we don't know most of the commands, it would be great if you helped out with some commands.

I will be releasing a revamped version in a few weeks, maybe interpreting some commands that we already know.

Try searching for BMD0 in the land data file, then copy from the there (including BMD0) until you reach BHDC (don't include BHDC) and make a new file with that.
Not really since that is as easy as it gets.
how do i get the texture file to work i extracted it form field data/ area_map_tex /map_tex_set.narc/map_tex_set-0.0xtb
and renamed it to map.nsbtx when i run the program with the texture i get a error
it works fine with texture

Last edited:

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
how do i get the texture file to work i extracted it form field data/ area_map_tex /map_tex_set.narc/map_tex_set-0.0xtb
and renamed it to map.nsbtx when i run the program with the texture i get a error
it works fine with texture
You need to find a btx file that has all the textures that the model file says are used. It might not be zero. For twinlieaf, texture number 6 works.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
I have been working on a pokemon hack called Pokemon Bloodstone for some time now. it was originally a pokemon emerald hack but because of the sprite limit i have had to change to a pokemon diamond hack. i have found most of the tools i am looking for but i'm having trouble finding the rest. does anyone know where i could find the following tools

a map editor (which will also let me import tilesets and palletes)
and overworld editor
an mini-icon editor
a way to import sprites

Also i have a few questions

1) can you add your own items and set what they do without editing pre-existing ones

2) can you change the sinnoh dex to 202
and the national dex to about 600

3) how do you set a certain event shiny (like red gyarados on pokemon Gold)

4) how do you change the shiny rate from 1/8000 to 1/200
there is an action replay code that changes it to 1/1 so there must be a way to change to to 1/200

5) on the screen where you select if you're a boy or a girl can you add extra options

6) how do you add different forms to pokemon, with different mini-icons and overworlds (like unown)

7) can you set the maximum level to over 100?

8) can i add extra boxes in the pc (to about 25)

9) i want to be able to 'fuse' pokemon. at one section you will be able to 'fuse' 3 pokemon. but i want the stats to be all 3 pokemons stats divided by 2, does anyone know how i can do that

any help with be greatly appreciated and your name will be put in my credits list when i release the game.

Slawter666

Last edited:
Years
I have been working on a pokemon hack called Pokemon Bloodstone for some time now. it was originally a pokemon emerald hack but because of the sprite limit i have had to change to a pokemon diamond hack. i have found most of the tools i am looking for but i'm having trouble finding the rest. does anyone know where i could find the following tools

and overworld editor
an mini-icon editor
a way to import sprites

1) can you add your own items and set what they do without editing pre-existing ones

there is an action replay code that changes it to 1/1 so there must be a way to change to to 1/200

5) on the screen where you select if you're a boy or a girl can you add extra options

6) how do you add different forms to pokemon, with different mini-icons and overworlds (like unown)

and help with be greatly appreciated and your name will be put in my credits list when i release the game.

Slawter666
I think there are a lot of those tools, But unfortently I we can't give you link, Just use google...

You can maybe also try to rename your rom to .gba and open it with advancemap, I don't know it will work, but I think so...

Last edited:

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
i have tried google, but have had no success :(
He was just spamming.

Before I begin let me advise you not to be too disappointed. Most of the answers will be negative. Unfortunately there are not alot of use actively working on DPP so progress is VERY slow.
The number of people who want hacking tools is MUCH MUCH greater than the number of people willing to research DPP to figure out how things work and make those tools.

Not yet, you'll have to wait a LONG time for this.
and overworld editor
PokeTEX works, but is somewhat complicated to use.

an mini-icon editor
I don't know what you mean here.

a way to import sprites
Which sprites?

We will be able to do it eventually. But that requires FULL knowledge of how the game handles items.

Seems possible, but has not been done. Again we need FULL knowledge of how the game handles pokemon.

You need an ASM hack as well as particular scripting knowledge.

That should be easy. Just find the shiny check code and change the appropriate value, actually I already know what it is. We can change it to 1/257 IIRC.

Sure, but its hard.

We don't know yet.

Yes. But you need to find every single place where the game checks that the pokemon's level is less than or equal to 100.

Probably, but you need to do an ASM hack and modify the save handler, and make sure you don't break anything else.

9) i want to be able to 'fuse' pokemon. at one section you will be able to 'fuse' 3 pokemon. but i want the stats to be all 3 pokemons stats divided by 2, does anyone know how i can do that
I don't think so.

any help with be greatly appreciated and your name will be put in my credits list when i release the game.

Slawter666
To conclude, you should not ask if something is possible or if you 'can' do something. Most of the time it IS possible, you CAN do it. But that does not imply that you will or that any one knows HOW.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
by sprites i mean custom sprites

and by mini icons i mean the little icons that appear in the pc or next to pokemons name.

btw do you have a (very rough) time frame (weeks/months/years) on how long it will take to develop the tools. i have no knowledge of how stuff like that works or how to make it so i can't estimate.

how much development have you made so far in Diamond hacking

also what game are you mostly focussing on (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)
becaue if you get more developed in Platinum , i will change my hack to a platinum hack.

Btw when (however long it takes) you figure out more in-depth knowledge and possibly have solutions to my problems please PM/notify me

Thanks for your help

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
by sprites i mean custom sprites
That doesn't help at all.
I'll assume you mean pokemon sprites. Look for PokeDSPic http://pokeguide.filb.de

and by mini icons i mean the little icons that appear in the pc or next to pokemons name.
If these are the same as the pokemon party icons then you can use modifications of PokeDSPic that I made, there is one for party icons. http://db.pokesav.org/upload/index....okeDSPicModifiedVersions.zip&directory=Others

btw do you have a (very rough) time frame (weeks/months/years) on how long it will take to develop the tools. i have no knowledge of how stuff like that works or how to make it so i can't estimate.

how much development have you made so far in Diamond hacking
I have made an event editor and a script editor. I don't have as many commands as I would want since its just me and one other person actively searching for them.
I would say about a year from now, you might have something close to what you want. Like I said there are so many things to do and not enough people helping. That means more work for the few people working which means it will take longer.

also what game are you mostly focussing on (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)
becaue if you get more developed in Platinum , i will change my hack to a platinum hack.
All three. The difference between each of them will be minimal.

Btw when (however long it takes) you figure out more in-depth knowledge and possibly have solutions to my problems please PM/notify me
When there are huge developments you will know it because I will post a thread in the tools section.

Thanks for your help
You're welcome.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
thanks again. (you're a great help)

by custom sprites i mean both trainer and pokemon sprites

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
To be honest, I think most of the things you're trying to do would be a lot easier if you didn't make a ROM hack, and used a general game maker instead. For example, RPG Maker XP with poccil's starter kit. That's because a lot of things on your list involve modifying the actual game code, which is a lot easier when you use a high-level programming language instead of ASM. Of course, there are disadvantages (for example, no 3D effects, lack of animations, and the $60 fee to purchase RMXP); overall, it's your choice. It will just be a lot harder, and take a lot longer, if you try getting all those into a ROM hack.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
well, personally i think a ROM hack would be easier (for me) because i know absolutely nothing about programming and stuff, but i can easily use software thats made to do a certain thing, i would ask gamefreak if they would give me any advice (because i'm interested in game designing, and pokemon is an awesome game) but i can't find a contact us + their website is in japanese

plus i have confidence that the people working on the dpp modding tools, will be able to figure out stuff much more complicated than what i want done.

Last edited:

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
well, personally i think a ROM hack would be easier (for me) because i know absolutely nothing about programming and stuff, but i can easily use software thats made to do a certain thing, i would ask gamefreak if they would give me any advice (because i'm interested in game designing, and pokemon is an awesome game) but i can't find a contact us + their website is in japanese
That is the exact mentality that causes some people over at the Game Dev to call ROM Hackers lazy.

Have people just become lazy? People that use a starter kit are no different from ROM hackers to me. When I look at a game, I wanna see a CUSTOM battle system, a CUSTOM menu system and some original features and systems. I don't wanna just see similar maps using the same tileset. It seems to me now that the Game Development area has just become a contest to see who can create the best Fakémon, most of which are also made by other people too.

In fact, true ROM hackers are anything but lazy.

plus i have confidence that the people working on the dpp modding tools, will be able to figure out stuff much more complicated than what i want done.
Again its not about if it can be done, its about how long it takes. Just be warned that you might be waiting years to start doing what you want.

OR you can spend those years learning programming.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
well, a lot of those points i can live without doing.

the most important things for my hack would be the map editor and the ability to add different forms to the pokemon. and the shiny events

if i can't change the boxes or the pokedex no. without messing other stuff up then i won't do it.

also i do have another question which i forgot about

do you know if/how i can add extra types into the game?

Last edited:

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
well, a lot of those points i can live without doing.

the most important things for my hack would be the map editor and the ability to add different forms to the pokemon. and the shiny events

if i can't change the boxes or the pokedex no. without messing other stuff up then i won't do it.

also i do have another question which i forgot about

do you know if/how i can add extra types into the game?
At the moment I don't know if anyone knows how to add types. I know where the type (dis)/advantages table is but I don't know how much other data would need to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back