• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokémon DarkViolet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Wow this seems amazing, bringing the FR/LG story into the 4th Generation. Nice job so far, with the scripting and events.

Glad to see some effort put into this hack. Good luck on DarkViolet, Chaos Rush. Take your time on creating an alpha/beta to distribute.

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
This hack looks really good although it kinda killed
my buzz with 4th gen.
It'll take over 3rd gen and i'll have to learn everything
and go on that annoying emulator which hates me.

But i'm looking forward.

Oh, and to the post wayy above
yellow is much more different than that
there are different wild pokemon and
the trainers and gym leaders and such.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I noticed this was called Pokémon DarkViolet and was wondering whether or not this was part of your Pokémon Saga?
It's still part of Pokémon Saga, I just chose to not include it in the title because now that it's a DS hack, that's kinda like implying my planned Hoenn-based game, Pokemon Jade, would have to be made form a 4th gen game, which at this point is impossible. So right now the "Pokémon Saga" concept is just something on hold. The state of 4th Gen hacking in the future will determine whether this hack will become part of Pokémon Saga or not.

This hack looks really good although it kinda killed
my buzz with 4th gen.
It'll take over 3rd gen and i'll have to learn everything
and go on that annoying emulator which hates me.
I can't stand playing hacks on an emulator, it amazes me how all of you guys actually do it. I only use emulators for testing, I play hacks on my DS. (But I'm not a pirate, piracy sickens me and I'm strongly against it. I only download roms of games I bought, and I only play hacks of games I bought)

Oh, and to the post wayy above
yellow is much more different than that
there are different wild pokemon and
the trainers and gym leaders and such.
That doesn't change the fact that I dislike the anime and Pokemon Yellow.

Cool, Goodluck with this hack!! its awesome! i really like to see a hack that starts from kanto region then goes to johto region...
Who said I'll let you visit Johto? I intend for this hack to have everything that was once planned when this was a GBA hack. Including Sevii Islands. Obviously it's impossible without a map editor, but if AlphaMap ever gets released, then it won't be a problem.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Woah! (i never post in the threads,but this hackrom...) :3! GREAT IDEA FOR A HACK!!!!! but...i have questions..

1)will exist Johto?
2)all starters are obtainables?
3)Red is from the Pokemon FR/LG? you not change he for the Red Version Red and Blue?
4)you put some 5th Gen Pokemon?
5)if you put Johto...what trainer is on Mt.Silver? Ethan?
and 6)you create a AntiFreeze patch for play in emulator?

Sorry my bad english,i talk spanish but use a translator :3 i'm wait answers

Peace~

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Of course not. I hate the anime with a passion, and Pokemon Yellow is based off the anime. It bugs me how people think Yellow is the true 3rd version, yeah maybe in America, but in Japan the original paired versions was Red & Green, and the true third version was Blue. The Japanese Blue version had more in common with Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum than Yellow does. Ash and his yellow rat can kiss my donkey. You're supposed to start off Kanto with a Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle, not some weak rat from Viridian Forest.

Totally!!!

It's interesting to see a 4th gen hack.... It sucks that you can't map though...

Anyway, I totally agree, Pikachu sucks, and carry on. :)

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
At 1st I saw this thread(without reading or looking at screenshots)I was disappointed cuz I really loved the former idea of Emerald rom
But now I see this hack and....I LOVED IT
But the big question is:You will change the kanto's map from the original HGSS map?
Another question is if ur planning to add Sevii Islands\Johto\Hoenn to this game?
Anyways,Cant wait!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
It sucks that you can't map though...
I believe that he clearly could but even mapping a 2D game with a hex editor is a pain so 3D is close to impossible (if you care what the map turns out like). It's not like it's hard or anything but it would take an eternity to even re-map a single area.

But back to the thread, because my pc is slow I never really even played HG itself so I won't try this either but this sure looks like it has potential to go far. Good luck with the project !

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
What's causing the delay for the alpha is that I can't figure out how to hack trainer animations, both opponent and yourself. This is Blue's first frame:
wipe.png

Unfortunately PokeDSPic only lets me edit the first two frames, so unless you guys want to fight a Blue that looks like Silver, then the alpha won't be released for a while...

But the big question is:You will change the kanto's map from the original HGSS map?
Another question is if ur planning to add Sevii Islands\Johto\Hoenn to this game?
I would do some map edits if I could, but only where necessary, like Mt. Moon and Saffron City.

If a decent map editor comes out, I will add the Sevii Islands.

There are a few on the way, but neither of them are even close to release at the moment.

You'll have to teach me scripting. I want to do that soon. But, if you need a tester, I have an Acekard so I can test it on real hardware. Just let me know, and if I can get more info on it, I'll tell you how to loop with a visual guide if I can ever get it so you can use custom music.

This also looks very interesting. I'd like to see how the S.S. Anne will be done.
Thanks, but I don't really need a tester because I can also test on hardware (but I'm not a pirate!). And if a map editor never comes out/I never figure out how, then I'll probably never reach that far.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
KazoWar of youtube has a great tutorial on how to do that, I mean he correctly inserted Cynthia into HGSS, all 3 frames, mabye he could be of some assitance? I don't know if he's currently active antmore, but it couldn't hurt to try no?

his channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KazoWAR

he's also a member here at PC, he made the BW trainer editing tool.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
KazoWar of youtube has a great tutorial on how to do that, I mean he correctly inserted Cynthia into HGSS, all 3 frames, mabye he could be of some assitance? I don't know if he's currently active antmore, but it couldn't hurt to try no?

his channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KazoWAR

he's also a member here at PC, he made the BW trainer editing tool.

I'm pretty sure he just directly imported the files straight from Platinum. I know how to do that too, but no one knows how to put CUSTOM frames.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
hrm that might be true, another solution I did for one of HGDX's earlier ideas, I changed the rival's battle data to use DPt trainer sprite as the rival's battle sprite (in ppre they are the last group of pokemon trainers iirc) and just change their sprite to Blue's. Since they are single frame it should, in theory not have any insertion issues.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
hrm that might be true, another solution I did for one of HGDX's earlier ideas, I changed the rival's battle data to use DPt trainer sprite as the rival's battle sprite (in ppre they are the last group of pokemon trainers iirc) and just change their sprite to Blue's. Since they are single frame it should, in theory not have any insertion issues.
Yes, but I want it animated. If the feature is there, I'm sure as he'll gonna use it.

Besides, I'm gonna have to figure out how to do it anyway, because don't forget that the player has a backsprite too.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
True True, well if what intel says, 2 frames of each trainer sprite is findable, and I could've sworn at one point, I found where the Final Poses where for animated trainers, I need to keep those things written down.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
Wow, this looks amazing! I was mildly disappointed that FR/LG weren't 4th gen after I saw HG/SS, but looks like you'll try and fix such disappointment.

I'll be keeping an eye on this hack, good luck getting Green/Gary/whatever's sprite to work. ^^

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Those other frames are located within another folder, I haven't found out which one yet, because I don't need to at this moment. I guess they are located within the same folder as the 1st and 2nd frame, but in another .narc file. Just try some.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Those other frames are located within another folder, I haven't found out which one yet, because I don't need to at this moment. I guess they are located within the same folder as the 1st and 2nd frame, but in another .narc file. Just try some.
I know which file it is, but I can't get PokeDS pic to open it properly.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Oh my your back <3 (slowness FTW)
And i see its moved to HeartGold
Good choice ;)
But i was looking foward to see the great tiles you wre going to produce for the emerald hack :/

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Nice to see you're back, welcome back.

Your hack is looking good so far, I can't wait to see more of it. You've got potential. ;)

Good luck.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well, for the sake of releasing the alpha, would you guys like to play an alpha with un-edited battle sprites? If you want th sprites edited, then the alpha would be released in god knows how long, but if you're fine with un-edited battle sprites, then the alpha would be released sometime this month or next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back