• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life Swap

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
If you could switch lives with anyone in the world this instant, who would it be and for what reason? However, there is a catch and that catch is that instead of your memories and whatnot staying alongside you, you would be given the memories and mindset of the person you traded lives with, rather than just the physical embodiment, meaning you would full undergo an entire physical, mental, and emotional change to that person. If you had someone in mind before reading the previous sentence, did the catch sway your decision in any way?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Hmm this is a tough one. Even before seeing the catch, I don't think I'd want to go through with a swap. But I have to admit, being Kate Middleton would be extremely interesting (well from my point of view). Marrying into royalty, living in England, there's a lot of aspects about her life that I think would be...exciting? I was thinking her before the catch, and it didn't really affect it at all. I'm sure she's mentally stable and all that good stuff, it's what happens to my memories that would make me say no.

Years
Hmm this is a tough one. Even before seeing the catch, I don't think I'd want to go through with a swap. But I have to admit, being Kate Middleton would be extremely interesting (well from my point of view). Marrying into royalty, living in England, there's a lot of aspects about her life that I think would be...exciting? I was thinking her before the catch, and it didn't really affect it at all. I'm sure she's mentally stable and all that good stuff, it's what happens to my memories that would make me say no.
I find it quite odd that the first person that popped into my mind before I opened the thread was Prince William, based on amount of fame/power vs. workload alone.

After reading the catch, though, I don't know if I'd go through with any sort of swap. If I could go through just a physical swap with absolutely anyone I probably would, but I'd rather not have wasted the last 20 years of my life if I couldn't keep my own thoughts and memories.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'd switch lives with anybody. And I mean anybody. I hate my life, and I hate everything I've had to go through.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
wait how long is the switch? because I'm thinking of switching lives with Tom Kenny or John DiMaggio or any voice actor. I just want to live the life of a VA for once in my life.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'd switch lives with anybody. And I mean anybody. I hate my life, and I hate everything I've had to go through.

Ill child in 3rd world country it is, then!!

As for me, my life's obviously not perfect but I like it and cherish it (especially cherish the people i have around me) So I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
I love myself, my life, and my memories. I'd never dream of switching. If I could keep my memories, being Paul McCartney for a while would be interesting. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Lea Michele. I want her memories, her looks, her voice, her everything. She's amazing and I'd want to be her :3 idm if I lose my memories, while I love them all, still, I'd be willing to trade just because her life just seems so amazing. :x

Back