• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RPG Maker 2003] Mother 3 CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
[RPG Maker 2003] Mother 3 CBS

doyouseewhatgamesi'mplayingnow?

Anyways!
I want to make a Mother 3 CBS without the use of a whole new map. I know how to code everything, I just don't know how I would go about making it load from Comment Events, since most maps will be bigger and the battle system will only use the default map size.

So can someone explain that to me? It'll be using pictures too so that'll be a problem too. =D

BTW, it's possible. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=OPf8nKwR-WI

Last edited:

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I don't exactly know what you mean but like loading events from a common event in XP there are 2 ways call it using: "call common event" command or in the upper right section it says autorun/parellel process which can be binded with a switch after choosing one.

Skystrike

Years
I don't exactly know what you mean but like loading events from a common event in XP there are 2 ways call it using: "call common event" command or in the upper right section it says autorun/parellel process which can be binded with a switch after choosing one.
Look again.
And what don't you exactly understand?

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Look again.
And what don't you exactly understand?

Mother 3 CMS, I can't find it.... That's why I don't understand but otherwise I get that you want to load common events easily so you can use switches to activate them.

EDIT: I saw the video, I was dumb not to notice it, yeah using switches will work

Skystrike

Years
Mother 3 CMS, I can't find it.... That's why I don't understand but otherwise I get that you want to load common events easily so you can use switches to activate them.

EDIT: I saw the video, I was dumb not to notice it, yeah using switches will work
I was asking about a CBS now. I made a mistake while making the thread. :P

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
It shouldn't be too hard per-se.
since you've already coded up the battle system.

Just when you bumb into an enemy, instead of going to a battle map, use common event that would be called directly from the touch event. pictures are all relative to the screen rather than the map, so there shouldn't be any problem there.

>bump into enemy
>set variables (monster type, background, etc)
>call common event for battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back