• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Pokemon Dungeon Masters Club~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Username Laugh, but you can call me Hannah.
Your Pokemon Piplup, no nickname, please.
Partner Pokemon Chimchar, also no nickname.

What Pokemon did you chose as your Pokemon and partner Pokemon and why?
In my Explorers of Time, I got to be Piplup, and I chose Chimchar for a partner Pokemon, because a water + fire combo team would be so awesome. I thought, since I already experienced this combo, I might as well do it again, if that makes any sense.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hmm...ok, well I have a question on the PMD universe....well two actually. When you explore a dungeons, how do you think the dungeons change around all the time? I dunno, i always found that puzzling. Maybe they dont really change but its actually a mirrage. Or maybe the corridors actually do change but no one notices?....or both? What do you guys think?
If we knew that, they would have to rename fushigi (mystery) dungeon to something else ;)

Also...being the pokemon that you are as your MC and/or even some other pokemon you would want to be; would you want to evolve? Factoring in your size limitations, new abillities, body type, your relationship with your partner(can they evolve also? will they like it? will they be sad you changed? things can/cannot do with your partner, etc.), your new weaknesses as well, and finnaly; the thought that you cant change back.
That would probably depend on nature... I do believe partners would love to evolve before you, though...
Why do I think that? Because it's mostly you that does the battling and on the other hand your partner actually "forced" you to make a team so they probably feel they should be as strong as possible to support you.
MC would probably want to evolve to be strong to protect the partner that became his/hers first friend in the unknown world.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Username Laugh, but you can call me Hannah.
Your Pokemon Piplup, no nickname, please.
Partner Pokemon Chimchar, also no nickname.

What Pokemon did you chose as your Pokemon and partner Pokemon and why?
In my Explorers of Time, I got to be Piplup, and I chose Chimchar for a partner Pokemon, because a water + fire combo team would be so awesome. I thought, since I already experienced this combo, I might as well do it again, if that makes any sense.

Welcome to the club laugh ^_^ Glad you joined!
And a fire water combo would work really well! Except when a pokemon gets confused o.0

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
If we knew that, they would have to rename fushigi (mystery) dungeon to something else ;)

That would probably depend on nature... I do believe partners would love to evolve before you, though...
Why do I think that? Because it's mostly you that does the battling and on the other hand your partner actually "forced" you to make a team so they probably feel they should be as strong as possible to support you.
MC would probably want to evolve to be strong to protect the partner that became his/hers first friend in the unknown world.

Ahh...thanks, and nice insight. As for me, being a bulbasaur i'd be ok evolving into ivysaur. But...i'm not sure if i'd be able to handle being a giant venusaur. :nervous: Idk, but i guess all the Riolus wouldnt have a problem evolving i'm sure.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
As you can now see, I have updated the club and everyone's points they have earned. I am very glad to see this club growing so fast. Keep up the good discussions and contribute often for special rewards. ;)

Reactions: EB

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Hello all club members! As you may have noticed, we have events on our schedule for the future and we need some ideas of what the members want to do!
Right now I have a writing contest and scavenger hunt on the list. In the writing contest you would have to write something amazing about PMD within a 1-2 week period. And In the scavenger hunt you would have to... well hunt!
So please submit any ideas you may have for Contest/Event ideas!

CourageHound

Years
Uhh you guys dont mind if I bring up a discussion topic?

How would your initial reaction to being turned into a pokemon be and how would you cope with the new world around you?

In my effort to diverge away from talking about the actual game; just talk about your initial reaction to waking up as a pokemon not the actual storyline revolving around it. Make sure you include your reaction to the new body of your MC. You could also include where you woke up(a dungeon, in town, etc.) and how you met your partner. Tbh i cant exactly come up with a complete answer yet so i'll post or edit my answer to the topic a little later when the ideas start flowing.

Last edited:

Darlimus

Fly to the Clouds!
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
Username: Darlimus
My Pokemon: Mudkip
My Partner Pokemon: Chikorita

What Pokemon did you choose as your Pokemon and partner Pokemon and why?:

I chose Mudkip and Chikorita.. when I first played PMD: Red Rescue Team, I was a Mudkip. I was so happy to be a Mudkip! I loved Mudkip so much in my Sapphire game.. so I was THRILLED. Jumping up and down, really. I didn't know who to pick for my partner.. so I picked Chikorita because she was adorable!

I love the PMD games. I have all of them, but my Blue Rescue Team broke, so I have it hidden away. I've always felt emotionally attached to these games, and I have to admit that they are my favorite spin offs.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Hello all club members! As you may have noticed, we have events on our schedule for the future and we need some ideas of what the members want to do!
Right now I have a writing contest and scavenger hunt on the list. In the writing contest you would have to write something amazing about PMD within a 1-2 week period. And In the scavenger hunt you would have to... well hunt!

Wait, what?

A writing contest? Ooohh, goodie, I want to join, really! When will it start? When can I begin on my story? What are the rules? Will there be prizes? Oh, I really, really love writing. I want to win so bad.

A scavenger hunt, huh? Sounds neat. I'd be participating, of course.

I don't have an idea for a new contest, tho. You've taken all the ideas out of me!

CourageHound

Years
Wait, what?

A writing contest? Ooohh, goodie, I want to join, really! When will it start? When can I begin on my story? What are the rules? Will there be prizes? Oh, I really, really love writing. I want to win so bad.

A scavenger hunt, huh? Sounds neat. I'd be participating, of course.

I don't have an idea for a new contest, tho. You've taken all the ideas out of me!

^This, brilliantly sums up my thoughts...except, more specifically pretaining to the writing contest; Is it anything bout PMD in general or is like a fan fic or sonething? :3

Anyway i'm looking forward to and really gunna enjoy writing it. It'll be interesting to see everyone's final product when they are turned in.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Well to anwser all your questions it will be about PMD, just a classic story.
And i am leaning towards the writing idea the most, it sounds like it would be fun ^_^
But we need a few more members first! So invite anyone you can to join the club!

CourageHound

Years
Uhh you guys dont mind if I bring up a discussion topic?

How would your initial reaction to being turned into a pokemon be and how would you cope with the new world around you?

In my effort to diverge away from talking about the actual game; just talk about your initial reaction to waking up as a pokemon not the actual storyline revolving around it. Make sure you include your reaction to the new body of your MC. You could also include where you woke up(a dungeon, in town, etc.) and how you met your partner. Tbh i cant exactly come up with a complete answer yet so i'll post or edit my answer to the topic a little later when the ideas start flowing.

I have finally compiled my thoughts on the topic I suggested. I put it in a spoiler box for spacial reasons

Spoiler:

I hope this will catch on? Mabye....idk. I'll work on getting more members tho

Last edited:

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Username: Darlimus
My Pokemon: Mudkip
My Partner Pokemon: Chikorita

What Pokemon did you choose as your Pokemon and partner Pokemon and why?:

I chose Mudkip and Chikorita.. when I first played PMD: Red Rescue Team, I was a Mudkip. I was so happy to be a Mudkip! I loved Mudkip so much in my Sapphire game.. so I was THRILLED. Jumping up and down, really. I didn't know who to pick for my partner.. so I picked Chikorita because she was adorable!

I love the PMD games. I have all of them, but my Blue Rescue Team broke, so I have it hidden away. I've always felt emotionally attached to these games, and I have to admit that they are my favorite spin offs.

Welcome to the Dungeon masters club Darlimus!

@CourageHound
For future reference, please only make a new topic if the other one is long gone or if the club has been inactive for a while!
Thank you for your co-operaion

CourageHound

Years

I have an idea for another contest. It could be a drawing contest; more specificaly a drawing of you and your partner pokemon? Idk, just brainstorming.

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
Years
Username: rainerman3
Your Pokemon: Riolu
Partner Pokemon: Shinx
(My PMDEOS team. :3)
Answer Topic: How would your initial reaction to being turned into a pokemon be and how would you cope with the new world around you?

My MC: Riolu
Let's say I wake up in a town. When I start to wake up, I would feel something weird. AKA all the pokemon's auras.
And when I wake up and stand up I would see that I am shorter that I usually was. And I think I would be really confused or thinking that I'm dreaming when I see pokemon walking around me. I would try to wake up but nothing happens so I would just go with it and see what happens next.
Was this how I was supposed to answer the topic?
(Oh and FRIKKIN FINALLY! Somebody made this kind of club! <3)

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Username: rainerman3
Your Pokemon: Riolu
Partner Pokemon: Shinx
(My PMDEOS team. :3)
Answer Topic: How would your initial reaction to being turned into a pokemon be and how would you cope with the new world around you?

My MC: Riolu
Let's say I wake up in a town. When I start to wake up, I would feel something weird. AKA all the pokemon's auras.
And when I wake up and stand up I would see that I am shorter that I usually was. And I think I would be really confused or thinking that I'm dreaming when I see pokemon walking around me. I would try to wake up but nothing happens so I would just go with it and see what happens next.
Was this how I was supposed to answer the topic?
(Oh and FRIKKIN FINALLY! Somebody made this kind of club! <3)

Hi! Welcome to the club! Glad that you joined, and that is a perfectly fine way of completing the topic!

CourageHound

Years
Umm...further elaborting on the topic:

I beleive the hardest part about my transformation to a pokemon, in adapting to the new world(assuming I was originally a human from the main series games) would be all the talking pokemon and the life as a pokemon in general. The talking pokemon I guess I could get over quickly but as former humans it could come as a major lifestyle shift. Me, as a bulbasaur, theres that running on 4 legs thing...yea and all the things you used to do everyday are now most likely gone(like technology and what not). But personally I wouldnt mind one bit once I got used it being a bulbasaur. Anyone have a pokemon that they think it would be weird, awkward, scary, funny etc. to talk to?

Years
Username: Dragon-T
My Pokemon: Shinx
My Partner Pokemon: riolu
Answer to the current topic:I wouldn't mind being a pokemon.I would probably have trouble using moves and dealing with type disadvantages,but I would actually be able to go with it.

Years
Username: cacturne4512
My Pokemon: Squirtle
My Partner Pokemon: Bulbasaur

What Pokemon did you choose as your Pokemon and partner Pokemon and why?
I wanted to be a Water type in Explorers of Sky, and got Squirtle. As for Bulbasaur, my best friend's favorite starter is Bulbasaur.

I'd be shocked at first, since I'd be, you know, a foot tall bipedal turtle. Once the initial shock died down, I'd start learning how to use moves and just generally learning how to defend myself.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Hi to all the new members. :)

Since it's been awhile on our current topic, here's a new one for everyone to answer:
Current Topic: If you could chose any area in the Mystery Dungeons world, where would you chose as your "home" and why?

To answer my the topic, the dungeon I enjoyed the most in Explorers of Time/Darkness was the Apple Woods. Woods are my favorite type of scenery and I would love to live in woods if I was a Pokemon. Being able to collect lots of apples is a plus since I like eating apples fresh from the tree. However, I also like the Tiny Meadow since I can picture an Eevee living there and frolicking through the grass. xD

Reactions: EB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back