• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen HURTING AUDINO, AYE OR NAY v2

Do you resentlessly target wild Audino?

• Total voters

cammio

Gracious Lady
Years
Audino bashing!

ok, so not the BEST title for a training method, but I had to call it something (since I don't know if it actually has a name, if it does, please correct me!!). Heck, I'm pretty new, so I don't even know if I am posting this in the right place :O
This will (hopefully) be a thread about different methods of high-level training. (you know... when your pokémon get to that level where you have to battle six thousand wild pokémon to level up?) I'll tell you which method I use and in return you can tell me yours! It will be an exchange of awesome technique, and probably a bit of fun too!

Also, for the record, I LIKE audino, but it's just too much exp. for me to not battle with it constantly...

Ok so what I do is this (I don't claim to have invented this method, it's just the one I use)
1. Find an area with plenty of grass, and a clear path that you can run around on without encountering wild pokémon.
2. Run around this clear path until a rustling grass happens (what is grammar?)
3. Dive on in and battle! Most of the time, it will be audino!
4. BEAT THAT SUCKA DOWN!
5. reap the spoils

this method works better if your pokémon is holding a lucky egg (exp. boost!)
So far my favorite places are route 16 near lostlorn forest, I use that place where the cut-tree is and just run up and down there, and route 7 near celestial tower.

Hope SOMEONE finds this useful, or that ANYONE has other (better?) methods. (Maybe ones that don't involve mass speciescide?) This works well as long as you can find reasonably strong audino (they get progressively higher in level as you venture further)

Sorry Audino :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
This is pretty much how I trained all throughout Black 2. The method does have limitations, but yeah. I also used it to train up weaker Pokémon, like give them an Exp. Share, and the battler held the Lucky Egg.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Problem is, pretty much everyone is using the Audino method, and if they don't, well they've mentioned it in the Audino thread, sooo imma merge this with the Audino thread, where your post is most relevant. :)

Years
I hadn't felt bad but now I do between those two comics....if it was real I don't think I could be a trainer and hurt pokemon...but seeing as they're pixels....exp is exp lol

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Audino is a godsend.

Why feel bad about them? You never felt bad for zapping thousands of Zubats and Tentacools, have you?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I would hurt Audino, but I feel sorry for him sometimes...I captured one because he healed my team when my Dewott had 17 hp.

MrBloodyKrieg

I'm on a highway to hell.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 30, 2022
Aye, of course! Destroying that thing whenever the grass shakes is a joy for huge amount of EXP they drop. No matter how cute and good it is.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Aye. I believe Audino is more devious than you think. You see, it decieves people into thinking it's friendly, then turns them into Audino! Why do they do this, you say? Why, to stop Pokemon from hurting each other by taking control of Unova, and eventually, THE WORLD!

Only you can prevent Audino dictatorships. Beat up Audino.

RenegadeClyde

....'-'.
Years
Audinos are cute, but the amount of EXP they drop...Make me forget their cuteness. XP I never felt bad for defeating 'em. Actually only once.

I was training my Rufflet to face the elite four, and he was with low health (Just one attack and he would be done for). He was almost at level 54, I just needed a little bit of EXP and I would have my Braviary. Then I found an Audino, and decided to fight against it even trough Rufflet was seriously injuried. Audino was faster than me and attacked first. However, Audino used Heal Pulse and healed my Rufflet. Then after that, Rufflet defeated it with a Critical-hit Crush claw. After the battle he evolved ><

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I just can't seem to defeat Audino, not physically, but emotionally (its too cute to defeat all the time) I just flee from battles, the only time I have to defeat is when my Pokemon can't flee from battle. I prefer to defeat the other trainers first, much stronger Pokemon next (I'll just go to another part of the forest/river to where wild Pokemon are stronger than my team by 5 to 9 levels and train my weaker Pokemon there - lucky egg and exp share - after a while points add up).

I feel bad picking on Audino that way.

Years
No, beating an Audino doesn't affect me at all, probably because I don't really find it that cute.
Now, defeating a Chimecho? That's another story...

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
You know those commercials that speak out against bullying? Well those don't apply to Audino. It was created to be our little punching bag and nothing else.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
AYE! Audino is a great way to gain 50+ levels for new egg Pokemon with exp share, it was basically built to be abused. Its like the Oods, natures created them for our needs.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I hope Audino is in XY.

At high levels, abusing him is the easiest way to grind. Yes, it's faster than fighting regular mons. Maybe because the other mons give crap exp, while you can one-shot Audino for a ton of exp.

However, fighting Audino with low-level mons can prove difficult... They know lots of annoying moves like Attract, etc. and their DoubleSlaps seem to always get 5 hits.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I do hunt the Audino species into extinction for the purpose of my own Pokemon's experience (particularly in B2/W2), but I voted Nay in the poll because it does make me a tad guilty.

Besides, in B/W I used an Audino on my team! It was just too cute. I hope in X/Y it gets an evolution with better stats though; don't get me wrong, I liked using it! But if it could have a tad bit more offensive potential, that'd be lovely. Besides, I want to use Audino again!

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
Years
I'm very guilty of hunting down Audino. Especially considering they use Heal Pulse and save you from having to run to the Pokemon every 4 Audinos or so.

Although tbh, I can't see why anyone would grind the hard way when hunting Audinos is a much easier and quicker way of leveling up your Pokes (assuming you're not EV training).

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Sometimes I'll "hunt" for Audinos to get the exp. but usually i just defeat them by chance. When i see rustling grass, i'm always hoping for a cool pokemon...then, when Audino shows up, my disappointment demands a sacrifice, hence, Audino

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Yes, but only when the Pokémon I'm using is fully EV trained, as Audino gives 2 HP EVs, which I may or may not need.

Back