• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Of course they stand. You're definitely right about the roads, they are too random. It might look good on a route, but not in a city. As for the color of the houses, I've written about that in my previous message. They'll be changed once I finish the game xD

It's cool. I like it, though I have one problem with it. The area in the top right corner, I'm guessing it's either the Pokemon League or some secret area the player won't be able to reach before beating the E4. If it's the latter, I wouldn't mark it on the map at all. The name of it shouldn't be shown on the map in the game before the player enters it, you know, to keep it enigmatic. If it's the Pokemon League or just a regular city/town, then my point doesn't stand.

As far as mapping progress goes it is still debatable whether that will be the Pokémon League or not. That will most likely be the case.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
My updated region map. Let me know what you think and how to improve it because otherwise I'll remain adamant that it is perfect.

Spoiler:

The landmass is pretty small compared to the whole ocean you see - I'm not a big critic on region maps, I never even updated mine hahaha, but judging from official games, it seems like the player sees too much water

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
The landmass is pretty small compared to the whole ocean you see - I'm not a big critic on region maps, I never even updated mine hahaha, but judging from official games, it seems like the player sees too much water

I see your point. It may just be the size of the map which makes the landmass seem scarce but I'm not sure. I'm not very likely to edit it for that reason alone.

Some New Screens for the Next Demo:

Spoiler:

More info here.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I see your point. It may just be the size of the map which makes the landmass seem scarce but I'm not sure. I'm not very likely to edit it for that reason alone.

Some New Screens for the Next Demo:

Spoiler:

More info here.

the battle bases are really cool, but the battle bgs are too plain, in b/w and b2/w2 they have at least something going on, like a horizon like and a sky, and it isnt a solid color with a slight gradient

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 1, 2014
Todays Work On Pokemon Spiritus Audentiae

Ember.png
Todays work getting Charmander using ember.
Tell Me What You Think!

Hopefully I will have a game dev thread here soon having some problems with a moderator gone higher up the chain now so cross fingers this is over soon.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Swirling and Twirling
i1bjx1.png

So I have not really posted anything lately, for either Pillars of Destiny or Project Platinum. The real reason is that I have been busy and traveling on the weekend for the most part. But this was done a while ago and as much as I want to post the announcement thread for the Project Platinum resource pack, it is not ready yet. So you get this instead :P.

Huge shout out to tImE for the amazing tiles he did for the project, and Venom12 for a script that will allow the player to walk sideways and even upside down (Still trying to figure out how I want to implement this one in regards to tiles). The swirling clouds in the background are jumpy, but functional. I will try to add additional frames so that it is smoother but that is not really a major concern right now.

Hope everyone enjoys this one.​

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Swirling and Twirling
i1bjx1.png

So I have not really posted anything lately, for either Pillars of Destiny or Project Platinum. The real reason is that I have been busy and traveling on the weekend for the most part. But this was done a while ago and as much as I want to post the announcement thread for the Project Platinum resource pack, it is not ready yet. So you get this instead :P.

Huge shout out to tImE for the amazing tiles he did for the project, and Venom12 for a script that will allow the player to walk sideways and even upside down (Still trying to figure out how I want to implement this one in regards to tiles). The swirling clouds in the background are jumpy, but functional. I will try to add additional frames so that it is smoother but that is not really a major concern right now.

That looks beautiful. Those tiles are epic. And if the functionality is just as impressive...wow.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Swirling and Twirling
i1bjx1.png

That looks incredible. Is the walking sideways/upside-down a public script or did he do it just for you?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
That looks beautiful. Those tiles are epic. And if the functionality is just as impressive...wow.

The sideways walking is.. really just turning the player sprite at this point. I am sure it can be improved and the sideways tiles are something I have not entirely figured out on how to execute without it looking funky as hell but I will continue hashing out concepts and seeing if I cannot get some visual style concept to build from (if these gents are down to continue helping :P)

That looks incredible. Is the walking sideways/upside-down a public script or did he do it just for you?

The script was made for me so I could release it with Project Platinum so it will be a public add-on when I release a portion of the pack.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
The Oregon Region map made in MS Paint

Well, I'm not an expert on the design of region maps, but I'll give it a shot.
Firstly you have posted this several times, all of which are the same, while you may be seriously looking for help, its weird that have have not tried to work on it and improve it over time.

With that said, it is very poorly done. For one, the layout of the map is very segregated, there are clear cuts in the forest to make a like to separate it from what appears to be fields which then goes into a wall of mountains and then a sea of desert. There is too much of everything and not enough flow.

Secondly, the layout of the path for the routes is terrible. It is not interesting and very linear. It's literally straight lines making a rectangle, with a few changes where it goes diagonal. It looks fake - I mean to say it looks clearly that it was made by a fan, rather than emulating the design of the official games.

It could use a lot of work but you seem to have a basic handle on how to create it, now you just need to make it more interesting. I as a player would not enjoy having that as my journey to travel through.

Years
Well, I'm not an expert on the design of region maps, but I'll give it a shot.
Firstly you have posted this several times, all of which are the same, while you may be seriously looking for help, its weird that have have not tried to work on it and improve it over time.

With that said, it is very poorly done. For one, the layout of the map is very segregated, there are clear cuts in the forest to make a like to separate it from what appears to be fields which then goes into a wall of mountains and then a sea of desert. There is too much of everything and not enough flow.

Secondly, the layout of the path for the routes is terrible. It is not interesting and very linear. It's literally straight lines making a rectangle, with a few changes where it goes diagonal. It looks fake - I mean to say it looks clearly that it was made by a fan, rather than emulating the design of the official games.

It could use a lot of work but you seem to have a basic handle on how to create it, now you just need to make it more interesting. I as a player would not enjoy having that as my journey to travel through.

It's based on the state of Oregon where I live, so that's part of the reason why it may suck, also since I can't make the actual game (due to the economy) all I have is to make this map, I'll probably try to make it better by getting the materials, and starting from scratch. I know it's not the best, but again it's all I have so I'm going to do what I can to make it better, but don't expect awesome town maps.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
I've been making several new moves for Pokemon Evoas, but this is my favorite so far:

EverlastingAlarmingGrayling.gif

Suplex! A basic fighting type move. Also Jigglypuff is now Normal-Fighting, as shown by the bandanna.

Possibly the most incredible thing I've ever seen in my life.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I've been making several new moves for Pokemon Evoas, but this is my favorite so far:

EverlastingAlarmingGrayling.gif

Suplex! A basic fighting type move. Also Jigglypuff is now Normal-Fighting, as shown by the bandanna.

I said it the other night and I'll say it again, this is beautiful! It's amazing how much work you would put into just a single move.

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
Thanks, this move took a while to get right! Suplex and Jigglypuff's new look were inspired by the smash bros. series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back