• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
[*]the I-Poké (pokégear-like device with some new features. I'll make an update soon for it)
This reminds me of time when I was trying to make a touch screen device iPoke, which was supposed to be parody of iPhone, sadly I never had good enough skills.

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
The menu looks great, a lot better than most of the other dual screens in the showcase. This is probably way to complicated to code, but on the iPhone, you swipe to move between things. It'd be really cool if you could do that for this.

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
About the poll.. you should combine them. make it touch and side.. unless its already like that.. also you should make the full Heart Gold / Soul Silver menu.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Why don't you guys try making the ring menu color sync with the top screen.
For example :
semttulolu.png

You could try making the ring menu's background a bit orange-brownish, making it blend; instead of player having to change it themselves.

Last edited:

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
This game looks amazing! Graphically it's one of the best I've seen!
Can't wait for the demo!
Supporting this all the way! xD

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2012
OMFG the overworlds are so lovely!!! i want them! I feel like i could just steal them right now, i'm a honest guy, so i wont do that :p.

Long story short, this is looking marvellous

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
This game looks great. It's unbelievable that it's made with RPG Maker XP. Keep up the good work.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
where can i download? i can't seem to find it tho..

No download available, and it's against the rules to ask for one anyway.

I really love the graphics of this. If I can get the graphics of LunarVoid [my game] anywhere close to Garnet's level, it'll be more than satisfying haha.

Keep up the awesome work.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2010
Well, it's a bit hard to jugde the game out from only screenshots :P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
:D

me2hack:
I thought about the self-changing colors depending on the location, but i think that customization made by player is way better and fun. I've ever thought that a game that allows you to change things more freely is a better game than a linear one. ^^

Well, just to advise all of you...

Big updates coming for September!

New screens, a trailer and something even more enjoyable. <3

The first of October, Garnet will celebrate one year of development. I'm really happy that everything is going on that well, and i'm very happy of all the thing that Garnet has brought to me: friends, experience, feelings. Game-development is truly a great thing...

I know that during our "travel" we created too disagreements, even jealousy.

I would like to tell one thing to everyone: I do not feel that Garnet or us are making a competion. We're not genius, we're not virtuous... we're doing something that make us feel happy and enjoy our free time...

Sometimes, i feel like people is forgetting about the true meaning of Development: enjoying ourselves!

So, this is what i wish to everyone: to enjoy yourself as we're doing. Because it is magnificent, way better than making a good game.

Thanks to everyone,

Mercury and his friends

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Ok, this is my first time posting on this thread, but I looked through all the updates, and then mercurysky comes along himself and posts this fabulous news! I can't wait for September now. I'm really eager to see some more screens and maybe hear something about the story... *hint hint*

ConCept

Foreigner Productions
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2011
First time I looked at your screens, I simply became envious. They're terrific pieces of artwork. I'll be expecting the big updates.

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
Years
ConCept's right. If those maps were food, they'd belong in a 5-star restaurant! They look better than any map I've seen in a Pokemon game.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
This looks pretty good.
I must say that those tiles look superb.
The only thing I don't like is the nighttime palette.
Great work! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back