• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

ROM Hacking Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servine7

grass type lover
Years
hi, i'm new here

hello, i'm snivy7 and i'm going to start on a long hack. It's about ash's journey in johto its going to follow anime im going to try the best i could but im looking for a team to help me. Is there any pointer ideas before i start? and its a hack of fire red wish me and my team good luck!

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
This is something I've wanted to do for a while but I never knew enough on how to implement it. I want to add walking with pokemon to an Advance gen game, like in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I know this would take a new ow table and some ASM coding most likely, but what I want to know is, can it be done? Even if it just started off simple like in Pokemon Yellow where your Pikachu never goes in its pokeball; just have it so your starter always walks with you. Any ideas would be great.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
hello, i'm snivy7 and i'm going to start on a long hack. It's about ash's journey in johto its going to follow anime im going to try the best i could but im looking for a team to help me. Is there any pointer ideas before i start? and its a hack of fire red wish me and my team good luck!

Actually there's already a hack that follows Ash's Journey's in Johto. It is called Pokemon Johto Adventures maybe you heard of it. And if you are in need of a team, post in the Team Discussions forums.

This is something I've wanted to do for a while but I never knew enough on how to implement it. I want to add walking with pokemon to an Advance gen game, like in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I know this would take a new ow table and some ASM coding most likely, but what I want to know is, can it be done? Even if it just started off simple like in Pokemon Yellow where your Pikachu never goes in its pokeball; just have it so your starter always walks with you. Any ideas would be great.

It is possible. I'm pretty sure Jambo51 is working on it, and it would really be great to have a Pokemon walk with you.

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014

Last I checked, Jambo was working on a follow me routine, but he hasn't finished yet/released it to the public. It has not been discovered fully yet.

You can easily do scripts/routines to find out which pokemon you want to follow you...but the actual following part is what's hard.

karatekid552

Years
tajaros said:
It is possible. I'm pretty sure Jambo51 is working on it, and it would really be great to have a Pokemon walk with you.

Last I checked, Jambo was working on a follow me routine, but he hasn't finished yet/released it to the public. It has not been discovered fully yet.

You can easily do scripts/routines to find out which pokemon you want to follow you...but the actual following part is what's hard.

Thanks, I found the thread. I guess I wasn't using the right keywords. XD His script for right now deals more with people following you but its the same concept.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I thought I'd ask here, but I seem to be hacking more obscure file formats than people here tend to use. Since Pokémon Battle Revolution is on the Wii, perhaps a few people here might be into hacking it, so I want to ask: Would anyone want a Wii custom music tutorial?

I'm pretty sure Wii BRSTMs are not any different from STRM files on the Nintendo DS, so if you use the correct program for converting .wav files into BRSTMs... then of course, it would be done successfully. I'm not really experienced with Revolution hacking, but I am experienced with Nitro hacking. If I become experienced at hacking Wii ISOs, then surely I would indeed be making a guide on hacking them, but probably first I'd be aiming at the ones on the GameCube such as Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. 'Cause GameCube games haven't really gotten any attention with any hacking teams as of yet.

Years
I'm trying to Hack Pokemon Black & white and I have no idea how to change the names of the trainers since I want to change Ace trainer Shaun to Stephen also I want to Change Cheren to Jeff and Bianca to Chelsea so it would be awesome if someone knows how. Thanks if you can help

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
This is just an issue I've been hoping to find a way around, is there any current known way to remove/replace the professor Oak introduction to the game on new saves. I'm talking about for Fire Red. Or is that sort of thing just out of the question?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but I've been trying to find the answer to this question and this thread seemed to be the best place to ask it.

How do I change the HP bars in Pokemon Fire Red Version? I'm currently working on a ROM hack and I want to make the battles look cool. XP

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but I've been trying to find the answer to this question and this thread seemed to be the best place to ask it.

How do I change the HP bars in Pokemon Fire Red Version? I'm currently working on a ROM hack and I want to make the battles look cool. XP

This question belongs in the Simple Questions thread:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79614

iLoveHate

Hmmmmmm.... :D
Years
Okej all, uuh well i think i have to post this question here.
Ive seen a lot of rom-bases, but can some1 say or give me a link in PM a base with the best tiles what you think it is. Cuz i like scripting a lot and i really don't like tile-inserting but i would start my own hack with some decent tiles ^^. I prefer D/P or HG/SS ^^

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Since this is about romhacking discussion, I think it might be worth noting that WaH is offline. The forums are still online, and the old site points to romhack.me, but does anyone here know why they went offline? It seemed fairly stable as sites go.

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
Well, just started hacking a few days ago.

Found out that I'm a pro with tiles. And minor sprite work. Even a master of storylines.

Not so much with scripting, though. Not even slightly getting it down. Major drag. It's the bread and butter of hacking, lol.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well, just started hacking a few days ago.

Found out that I'm a pro with tiles. And minor sprite work. Even a master of storylines.

Not so much with scripting, though. Not even slightly getting it down. Major drag. It's the bread and butter of hacking, lol.
If you can work with tiles, then you will surely be asked by some teams to join them =D
Tilers are pretty rare breed =)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 23, 2015
Hi everyone

I have been playing ROMS on emulators for some time now, and I have played a few hacks.

What bought me to PokeCommunity was a question I had. I have played both the Pokemon Emerald randomizer and the Red/Blue randomizer. Especially in relation to the second, I was curious if a hack existed which allowed the player to actually select the wild pokemon AND trainer encounters for any existing rom, in much the same way the the randomizers give you the option of choosing starters, as opposed to making them randomly chosen by the ROM hack.

Does anyone know of such a rom and, if not, does anyone have an idea of how one could hack any of the pokemon games to achieve this, i.e. what tools one would need to use, etc.?

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Hi everyone

I have been playing ROMS on emulators for some time now, and I have played a few hacks.

What bought me to PokeCommunity was a question I had. I have played both the Pokemon Emerald randomizer and the Red/Blue randomizer. Especially in relation to the second, I was curious if a hack existed which allowed the player to actually select the wild pokemon AND trainer encounters for any existing rom, in much the same way the the randomizers give you the option of choosing starters, as opposed to making them randomly chosen by the ROM hack.

Does anyone know of such a rom and, if not, does anyone have an idea of how one could hack any of the pokemon games to achieve this, i.e. what tools one would need to use, etc.?

Well I don't think that there's a hack for this but you could just use the Randomizer on the rom or you can use the starter editor.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
Has anybody/could anybody figure out if there is a way to make tm's not go away after use. Like in pokemon Black and White. I have looked around the forum and looked into the rom, and can't find anything myself. I am using Firered, but I'm sure other people would like this feature too. If anyone can help, thanks. From What I can tell, It is probably in the ASM. J-pan or Hackmew, (i can't remember which) gave instructions on how to make the game allow the player to run anywhere. All it took was one byte, (most likely making it so it always returns true). If anyone knows where tm's are handled in the rom then maybe it could as simple as that.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Has anybody/could anybody figure out if there is a way to make tm's not go away after use. Like in pokemon Black and White. I have looked around the forum and looked into the rom, and can't find anything myself. I am using Firered, but I'm sure other people would like this feature too. If anyone can help, thanks. From What I can tell, It is probably in the ASM. J-pan or Hackmew, (i can't remember which) gave instructions on how to make the game allow the player to run anywhere. All it took was one byte, (most likely making it so it always returns true). If anyone knows where tm's are handled in the rom then maybe it could as simple as that.

I once found a gameshark code that was corrupt and put a master ball in my key items pocket. This master ball worked just fine and could be used over and over. So, there may be a chance that if you registered TMs in the Key Items pocket that it might work. I know it would look weird but it's worth a shot.

I'm sure that there is a code somewhere that determines the difference between a disposable and reusable item, and if the could be changed, it would would have a much nicer look to it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@karatekid: Unfortunately, TMs cannot be used that way. Master Balls, Max Repels and some other things can be put into key items and they really act like you have infinite amount of them, but TMs do not work, believe me, I tried it myself when I was bored ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back