• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams & Nightmares (M) [OOC+SU]

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I had my suspicions about that Gardevoir the moment it mentioned she was in the same bed as Ayleth, and as much as I wanted to believe otherwise, the last line of that post confirmed it. At least Kiba is the only other person with a Gardevoir and I don't think they swing that way. For some reason, though, I thought Ayleth would be, I don't know... angrier? More stereotypically villan-like? Overall, he seems like he could prove to be very interesting if you go in depth about his inner thoughts and feelings on things (such as Team Rocket and Lu).
Oh lord no.

Though, his Party is quite literally his family to him, so he has a bond with all of them, probably more than most anyone has ever seen.

Speaking of which, it seems like most of the trainers are just heading off on their journeys without any idea of what they may be facing. I think after his conversation with Elm, he'll call everyone's phone-devices and call a meeting at Violet Town.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Wait, I thought Ayleth was a kid? ...

I have never read or even thought of Pokemon having that sort of feelings for a human. Ever.

This will be... interesting to say the least?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
eww, ewww, ewww, ewww, ewww, eww I only just got it after reading iot twice. I kinda didn't read properly that Ayleth was a pokémon, and now I#'ve got a horrible picture in my head. I wish I wasn't dirty minded.

Years
Speaking of which, it seems like most of the trainers are just heading off on their journeys without any idea of what they may be facing. I think after his conversation with Elm, he'll call everyone's phone-devices and call a meeting at Violet Town.

What's not to know? Team Rocket and Team Neo are evil, go stop them. There's not much direction given in that regard. The one thing I would worry about is how Team Neo and Rocket both know that Elm is sending new trainers to dismantle them...did Elm put a wanted ad in the papers or something? :P

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
What's not to know? Team Rocket and Team Neo are evil, go stop them. There's not much direction given in that regard. The one thing I would worry about is how Team Neo and Rocket both know that Elm is sending new trainers to dismantle them...did Elm put a wanted ad in the papers or something? :P

I'm not even sure if Blake (my Rocket Executive) knows about the new trainers haha. I don't think he does? I haven't been told if Rocket knows at all or not. Not sure about Neo though.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Team neo does, thats what my charector (scott) is sent to take care of as part of a punishment squad. To be honest High teams such as Neo and team rocket at the moment have no need to be threatened by these trainers

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

It didn't really seem like any of the trainers really knew why they were on their quests, they just blasted through and grabbed a starter, kinda like when you restart a Pokemon game you've already played.

You can't skip that text or you'll miss the plot!

Anyway, he can give them a more in-depth idea of what they're doing this for, how he's involved, just who he is, and what they need to be prepared for.

Lastly, he can help build these trainers into a force that can and will stop the teams.

Not that it'll be easy.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
It didn't really seem like any of the trainers really knew why they were on their quests, they just blasted through and grabbed a starter, kinda like when you restart a Pokemon game you've already played.

You can't skip that text or you'll miss the plot!

Anyway, he can give them a more in-depth idea of what they're doing this for, how he's involved, just who he is, and what they need to be prepared for.

Lastly, he can help build these trainers into a force that can and will stop the teams.

Not that it'll be easy.

That should be interesting to read, from a relative 'outsiders' point of view :p [Seren's point of view, not mine I guess.]
I'm pondering whether to have Archer/TR acknowledge the trainers journeys but obviously at this stage they wouldn't really feel threatened by them. Although, no one outside of TR / bleacher knows Archer's team yet so I may have to find a way to tease his tea to everyone. Que training montage with a shirtless Archer and cheesy music.

Last edited:

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
For some reason, though, I thought Ayleth would be, I don't know... angrier? More stereotypically villan-like? Overall, he seems like he could prove to be very interesting if you go in depth about his inner thoughts and feelings on things (such as Team Rocket and Lu).

I always wanted to create Ayleth as a anti-hero type of character, whose actions mistaken for evil, but he still have an inner goodness, emotions and friendship ties. You as trainers won't appreciate his actions but as a player you'd definitely like him.

Wait, I thought Ayleth was a kid? ...

I have never read or even thought of Pokemon having that sort of feelings for a human. Ever.

This will be... interesting to say the least?

Gardevoirs are protective of their trainers and are fiercely loyal. Lu and Ayleth have been together for more than 10 yrs, they have grown closer to each other. But the way Ayleth feels towards Lu is as a friend... In the following posts I would reveal her longing for him, her dependence on him, her inner dilemma.

Why shouldn't humans and pokémons have feelings for each other, let alone the psychic Ayleth and Gardevoir?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Gardevoirs are protective of their trainers and are fiercely loyal. Lu and Ayleth have been together for more than 10 yrs, they have grown closer to each other. But the way Ayleth feels towards Lu is as a friend... In the following posts I would reveal her longing for him, her dependence on him, her inner dilemma.

Why shouldn't humans and pokémons have feelings for each other, let alone the psychic Ayleth and Gardevoir?

I said that I had never such feelings before, and sure I find it a little weird, but I'm certainly not against it. I understand the logic and I totally accept it, and it makes even more sense in Ayleth and Gardevoir's sake I guess.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
That should be interesting to read, from a relative 'outsiders' point of view :p [Seren's not mine I guess.]
I'm pondering whether to have Archer/TR acknowledge the trainers journeys but obviously at this stage they wouldn't really feel threatened by them. Although, no one outside of TR / bleacher knows Archer's team yet so I may have to find a way to tease his tea to everyone. Que training montage with a shirtless Archer and cheesy music.

Like I've said before, you can tell from my posts that team Neo acknowledge the fact that the trainers are there, but yet the fact that Scott's squad is a punishment squad sows how much they care about it. (by the way in case you didn't understand, Scott is only within the punishment group to act as their leader, not to be punished himself.

Years

Blarg. There was some text here, but I'm not really replying to it so here's a filler. Filler filler filler.

Plot shmlot, I'm here for the explosions. Michael Bay mode activated. Whole team of Electrodes

We can pretty much assume that Elm mentioned the fact when each of the trainers were contacted. Since we're following the game's canon and not the anime's, the Professors don't seem to really give out Starters. In RBY, Red received one of Oak's last 3 Pokemon(level 5 Base evolution...some Professor) so they can fill the Pokedex. Ethan received his so he could retrieve the Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokemon. Keeping that in mind, the need to have each RPer write Prof. Elm give each individual post seems kind of pointless when we can just assume it happened off screen. Hell, my SU states having a conversation with him discussing the journey nights prior, and I'd like to thin the destroy Team Neo part would've arisen at some point

BUT, that doesn't mean you can't try to get everyone together so they, or at least most, can travel together. Whether or not characters go to the meeting is up to the RPer, though if I got a call from a random number from a stranger telling me to meet somewhere when I know there's two groups who want to kill me, I wouldn't be too inclined to show, so you may need to have Elm be the one to contact the PC's.

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years
I think you all make good points, and there's really no need for me to quote everything I want to reply to... so I'll just ramble on, and feel free to care.

The plot of the RP insists that trouble is stirring up in Johto. Ayeleth, and his team are gearing up to do something crazy to either take down the region, or rebuild their evil regime in the name of his long, lost father.

Our characters are supposed to be commissioned by Elm to help take down Teams Neo & Rocket. I would assume Professor Elm would only give out Pokemon to trainers he thought were suitable, and/or saw potential in.

How crazy would it be if Professor Elm told a handful of teenagers they could take a Pokemon, journey out into the wild, and along the way possibly get slaughtered by a group of deranged evil-doers? If I was a grown man with a lab, a hot lab assistant, and responsibility I would probably do the same thing.

Like ORegan said above, in his SU he had a conversation with Elm prior to obtaining his starter. In my mind it's the same situation for Graham, but I don't know if the sole purpose of Graham's second adventure was to be defeating Team Neo & pals, and defending Johto from impending doom.

At some point, I see a plot twist happening, and Graham getting a call from either Daisy or Elm, asking him to take care of problems arising in a certain area. I'm sure for other trainers if they skipped that part in the plot, or need a way to incorporate their characters in the madness they can follow a similar suit.

My only concern with the plot is when the major events start to happen will our trainers be ready to fight the forces of evil, with stage one Pokemon?

Now I don't expect some major uprising to happen in Cherrygrove city, but it seems to me like Neo & Rocket are pretty established, and are a force to be reckoned with. I've got handfuls of posts before my Chikorita turns into a Bayleef, and even more until she turns into a Meganium.

I don't want a plot reveal, or any spoilers. The questions above are merely curiosity brewing in my head. I'll figure out an answer come that point in the role play

Also if anyone noticed, I started working with CSS a little bit, and I updated my older posts to work with a simple style I made up combining some codes & colors together. Thanks for that website link Bleacher!

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I was under the impression that Elm wanted the trainers to grow and strengthen bonds and all that good stuff normally so their abilities as trainers can blossom uninhibited by the looming threats of Rocket and Neo. Or something like that. Because if not, then the whole random people with level 5 pokemon idea isn't really starting to sound very smart. Also, I assume those who already have stronger pokemon would bring them instead of getting a new starter if they already knew that they were going to be fighting two evil and powerful teams that pose a threat to Johto and potentially the world if they see success.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
As a fact of matter, none of the teams know that Elm has recruited a bunch of crazy, inexperienced, psychotic teenagers lol. He could have recruited experienced people to combat the threat, but aren't the experienced one's too well known?

Why do you always play a starting-out trainer in the games out to battle powerful teams? Because you have many things to achieve, and if you battle the grunts and win, they would be surprised and think that a newbie defeated them.. Even the Executives are surprised when you defeat them. Put this in the RP. The Teams would never know what hit them, who would wonder that someone would recruit a bunch of teens to combat such established teams?

And you have a great leader, Kiba.. But most people doesn't know who hd is unfortunately.

Years
Why do you always play a starting-out trainer in the games out to battle powerful teams? Because you have many things to achieve, and if you battle the grunts and win, they would be surprised and think that a newbie defeated them.. Even the Executives are surprised when you defeat them. Put this in the RP. The Teams would never know what hit them, who would wonder that someone would recruit a bunch of teens to combat such established teams?

But the games are rated E for everyone, whereas this game is rated M. In the games, the bad guys can't kill the protagonist's Pokemon like mentioned in the RP's OP, and Team Rocket doesn't have the option to savagely beat the trainer to death with a tire-iron. Scott, Seren, and Blake all have the ability to maim and murder in the RP.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
But the games are rated E for everyone, whereas this game is rated M. In the games, the bad guys can't kill the protagonist's Pokemon like mentioned in the RP's OP, and Team Rocket doesn't have the option to savagely beat the trainer to death with a tire-iron. Scott, Seren, and Blake all have the ability to maim and murder in the RP.

lol, lets just say that the evil teams got a headstart on everyone. To counter that you have a great mission director Elm, skilled escapist like Mari, an charismatic leader Kiba and the "two teams fighting each other like there won't be a tomorrow." Oh, and you have me! *waves*

Back