• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I'd like to add on that only staff can get that kind of thing and any normal members with a special post bit or usertitle was an ex-staff member that got it changed before they left the staff team. This sounded like a run-on sentence.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Okay, so I'm having a bit of an issue with the tags (such as "spoiler" or "code"). I don't know if it's actually a glitch, or just some oddly acting feature I'm not understanding.

But, I'm trying to post a list, and, when posted or when previewed, it gets split into two separate spoiler tags or two code tags (I've tried both). Does anyone know what is going on?

Honest

Hi!
Years
Can you post what you're getting? It'd be a lot easier to help you out (at least for me) if I can see the problem. :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Okay, this table is for a post in the ROM Hacking forum, but that's not important, what is important is what it is doing.

I currently have the entire table (from "Camera x-position" to "end") wrapped in one set of code tags. What is does is randomly adds a closing and opening code tag in the middle of the table.

Edit: Since this has apparently resolved itself, I'm just going to delete the table. The contents of it didn't matter anyway.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Wait, is the problem "[0x02029314] Box data" being in between two lines? Or is it that you have an extra code box in the beginning. If it's the latter, it appears to have been put manually. Unless is actually is a glitch.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Wait, is the problem "[0x02029314] Box data" being in between two lines? Or is it that you have an extra code box in the beginning. If it's the latter, it appears to have been put manually. Unless is actually is a glitch.

I've tried it with and without the lines separating them. Both add the second code tag for some reason.

I've checked, double-checked, and triple-checked. When I submit the post, there is only one set of code tags.

EDIT: I just tried again on my above post and it worked this time, however I do know for a fact that all of the other 10+ times I tried this, there was only one set. I guess it was some weird temporary glitch.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2013
Hello I'm French and I'm not very good at English. I hope I post my question in the right place. I want to know how to evolve Poliwhirl to Politoed. thank you very much

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Hi there, leoduffy! Welcome to PC!

Your question should actually be posted in any of the Quick Questions and Answers thread found in the section for the game you're playing. The past games (Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver) have their own sections listed here. The Fifth Generation (Black/White/Black2/White2) section is found here. So depending on what game you're playing in, you ask in the appropriate section.

This Quick Questions and Answers thread is related only to questions about PokeCommunity the forum. So if you need to know something about the forum, ask here.

To answer your Poliwhirl question, you trade Poliwhirl to another game while it's holding a King's Rock.

Forgot to mention that if you need anyone to trade with you, we have a Trade Corner to help with that.

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Hey there, just wondering out of curiosity how the natures of users here are assigned. As far as I'm aware, I have a bashful nature. Is that due to the amount of posts or my user statistics or is it just random :)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Hey there, just wondering out of curiosity how the natures of users here are assigned. As far as I'm aware, I have a bashful nature. Is that due to the amount of posts or my user statistics or is it just random :)

You can set it yourself by editing your profile in the UserCP. :]

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Quick question...

What mod that still is a mod has been around the longest?

As for as moderators, go, that would be Astinus!

Future questions should probably relate to problems you're experiencing on PC that require someone's aid though, for future reference. 8)

ubermola

He of the Obscure References
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2014
I wish to make a "compleated hacks" thread, as the last one is outdated and locked. However, several gen 1 and 2 hacks, such as the skeetendo chiristmass hack, are only avalibile on the skeetendo forums, where it is common practice to post patched roms instead of patches. No patches of many of these hacks exist. However, we appear to have a "no linking to patched roms" forum rule. Are there ways to get around this, or must 20% of hacks recommended in my thread come with a "Google is your friend" message instead of a link? Thanks.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Yeah, we don't allow direct linking to places that have links to or host ROMs because of legal reasons, so that "Google is your friend" message is probably your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back