• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderators not doing ANYTHING about people harassing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
I reported a harassing post to me AND contacted a Mod and the Moderators are NOT doing ANYTHING about it!!! several hours later, the harassing post is STILL there and HAVE NOT heard ANYTHING back from an admin or even the Mod I PMed!!! I was told that if I continue to receive these posts to report it and contact a Mod but the mods are doing NOTHING about it!!! I feel that they don't care if people troll or harass me!!!

Reactions: Her

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Is this going on in a specific section or PM? A mod's reports only alert them if it's a report in their forum, so unless we have the report center open constantly (which most of us don't) or we see the harassment directly, then we're not going to know about your report. You are better off asking a higher staff member to handle a harassment case than a mod though, especially if it's through PM or VM.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Someone just blew.

If I'm looking at the right report, that post isn't really harassment at all. The dude's just asking you a question, not being mean or trying to harass. If it's too much for you to ignore, simply delete it. But I feel like you're making a big issue our of something small. Something like that's either best ignored, or just respond with what you really feel. Simple.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
Is this going on in a specific section or PM? A mod's reports only alert them if it's a report in their forum, so unless we have the report center open constantly (which most of us don't) or we see the harassment directly, then we're not going to know about your report. You are better off asking a higher staff member to handle a harassment case than a mod though, especially if it's through PM or VM.

I contacted the same orange colored S-Mod as before and HE'S IGNORING ME!!!

Someone just blew.

If I'm looking at the right report, that post isn't really harassment at all. The dude's just asking you a question, not being mean or trying to harass. If it's too much for you to ignore, simply delete it. But I feel like you're making a big issue our of something small. Something like that's either best ignored, or just respond with what you really feel. Simple.

you DON'T know what HAS been going on OUTSIDE of PC now Do you??? if you did, it would be clear as harassment!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Her

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Please don't use your all caps at me. I don't like being yelled at in person or on the internet. Anyway, if he ignored you, he probably agreed with Bloodex in that it wasn't an issue of harassment. If this user is bothering you so much, put them on the ignore list.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
I contacted the same orange colored S-Mod as before and HE'S IGNORING ME!!!

you DON'T know what HAS been going on OUTSIDE of PC now Do you??? if you did, it would be clear as harassment!!!

For the record, only one S-mod's online right now, and he's reading something, by the looks of it. We're not robots, give us time to look things over.

And if there's an issue outside of PC, you should probably bring that to light to the S-mod if you haven't already. But again, you're best off just putting him on your ignore list, like Syd said.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
No, he wouldn't know, and quite frankly I don't think it matters. If the guy isn't explicitly harassing you in a way that is obvious to the moderators or other members, then it isn't harassment at PC's level. It's like banning someone in an MMO because someone else says that on Facebook, he called his mother bad names. That has nothing to do with PC. If the guy is ticking you off, block his posts and PMs using the Ignore feature in User CP.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Baby doll, I don't live with your or anywhere near you. I have no clue what goes on outside PC where you are. Only where I am. I'm looking at the report right now and that person is asking you a simple question and you are wigging out over it. Ignore them. Don't reply. Put them on your ignore list. Delete the VM. The smod in question seems to agree with what I gathered. This person is not, I repeat not harassing you.

harassment (plural harassments)
1. Persistent attacks and criticism causing worry and distress.
2. Deliberate pestering or annoying.

They were asking you a legitimate question. Okay.

To put them on the ignore list, go to your user cp. On the side bar, there will be "edit ignore list" under "settings and options" and it explains itself from there.

To delete VMs, go to the VM you want to be gone, click edit, click the delete message bubble, and save.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes, putting them on ignore list will block them from VMing you, PMing you, and if you run across one of their posts, it will be hidden.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Furthermore, if harassment has been happening outside of PC - what can we do about it? We can't ban people on other forums, nor solve real life issues. If stuff happens here then fine, we can act on it.

Now, multiple mods already gave their opinion on the report. We do not always act on things as soon as we see them and have time for them as they may need discussion, which is what happened in this case. As far as I and everyone else who commented on it - there is nothing wrong in what you reported. It was just a question, and no insults or flaming or whatever happened there. What is wrong is coming in here yet again to shout in capslock because we're not solving your problems quick enough when frankly there is no problem evident in your report.

Please calm down and don't shout, as that just creates more trouble rather than solves anything. Have some patience. Asking questions with multiple question marks (???) also gives the appearance of you appearing rather angry and this is also not helpful or nice.

As explained, use the ignore list feature if you want, but there is nothing else that we will do in this instance given all that happened there was that someone asked a question

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Honestly, I'm going to agree with Amalvi and everyone here. Perhaps the mods are busy and can't get to it. Also, if it's on your profile you can moderate your own profile by deleting the Vms.

Remember, Justin, patience is key. And if it's outside of PC than you have to deal with it where it's happening.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
OK, I think this discussion has gone on for long enough. Move along, folks; nothing to see here.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back