• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Well, you're right. Everyone that comes at you will do it in a different way, and may have different reasons too. If someone wants to mug you, they'll be attacking you very differently than a killer would. So preparing for the different ways different people attack different parts of your body... you get the idea, we'd be here forever. We'll keep it simple for now."

Sammy tapped Mark on the forehead to demonstrate her point. "Number one. Don't headbutt people - it's stupid. You keep all your important stuff in there, and if you knock yourself out you're finished. Also, we've got a lot of the vulnerable areas I talked about there too. Thrusting it at your attacker just doesn't make sense, you wouldn't try to hit them with your groin, so don't try and hit them with your head. The only real exception to this is if you don't have any other choice, if your arms and legs are tied up or something."

"Number two," she said, reaching out and tapping his arms, "hit your opponent's upper body with these, and their lower body with their legs. Don't try and kick people in the head - chances are you're not good enough to pull that off. And don't punch people in the kneecap either. The exceptions are if you're in an unusual position - so it's easier to hit their legs with your fists than your feet. Which brings us to number three."

Taking a half step back Sammy stretched her arm out and was just about able to tap Mark on the nose. "From this distance, I can reach your nose, but not your ears. So I would try to strike your nose from where I am, I would not move closer so I can get your ears. Never move closer to your attacker, that's what they want. Remember, fight smart and use the least amount of energy possible, okay? All this stuff is different if you're really good and a black belt or whatever, but when it comes down to an amateur defending themselves these are the rules. Got it?"​

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || The Academy

"Well anyway, Lets hurry up" Iny stated as she dragged Conor along by the arm. "She sure is eager to get going" Conor thought to himself.

Conor was never one for going to class. Ever since he was a young boy he did nothing but avoid, skip and flat out refuse to attend school, this of course was unknown to his parents at the time. So the fact that he was about to walk into a classroom, something which he disliked for a start, was dragged along by a girl he had only just met and had spent the better part of his day helping a stranger to a Pokémon Center, this could only be described as the most unusual day in Conor's life.

As for the teacher, he had no idea what he was like. He didn't know him, and he didn't know Conor. What age would he be? Would he be kind? Would he be grumpy? Question upon question entered Conor's head as he was being dragged to the door of the classroom.

As Iny and Conor reached the door, voices could be heard inside. Obviously the class had already begun and this made the act of walking into the already on-going class that little bit more awkward.

"Perhaps I should go first?" Conor quizzed as he looked at Iny. Conor already knew full well the embarrassment of being the first person to walk into a classroom late.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Pokemon Center

Shawn smiled as Kayla suggested a double-date with her cousin and boyfriend, and met her kiss on the lips with one of his own. "Can't we leave now? Or at least after class?" she asked. Apparently she was excited about having a date. So was he, but his priority now was her health.

"We need to be sure that you're healthy enough to leave," he told her, "It wouldn't be all that romantic if we had to spend half of our date in here because we rushed you out the door." He kissed her again on the lips, lingering on them a little longer than before. He smiled larger than ever before as he gently held her hand and sat next to her.

Shawn had totally forgot about classes. "It may be best to get to our classes, though...When we leave, if classes had already started, how about we just skip them? We can always make up for them later." He couln't fathom the possibility of skipping class, since he typically didn't, but maybe the seriousness he had at the start is starting to wear away and expose his more natural side.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark nodded at her instruction. Never move closer to your attacker. That was the rule that stuck out the most too him. It was all about keeping a fair distance between the two. He tried not to flinch when she tapped him on his nose. He was getting a good idea of different strategies to keep himself safe... but he was looking forward the most to the actual moves. Throwing Punches and such. It'd feel so cool being able to fight like that!

"I got it. Keep a good distance between your foe and keep your important bits safe. How about actual ways to fight? I think I'm flexable enough to throw some good hits." Mark said, throwing a few Jabs in the air that probobly looked really sloppy in a trained fighter's eyes mostly in stance. He was very eager to learn more but might end up getting ahead of himself.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy laughed and leaned back a little, just to make sure Mark didn't catch her on the chin by accident with one of his jabs. He was certainly eager, she had to give him that much.

"Okay, calm down killer. First of all we need to get you standing right, you're like a brick wall. Now are you right or left handed? Because that'll define which way round you stand. Which hand you have forwards, which foot. I'll show you the most basic boxing stance there is, it's pretty good for attack and defense. You might see some people on the TV, or even me if I'm feeling cocky, use other stances than this, but that's for advanced stuff. I'm right handed, so I do it like this. If you're left handed, just reverse everything."

She backed up from him a little so he could get a good view of what she was doing. She turned her body slightly to the right, making herself a smaller target, and placed her left foot forwards and her right foot back, so that each foot was more or less underneath the shoulder on that side.

"See? You want your feet underneath your shoulders, and the heel of your back foot lined up with the toes of your front foot. If it helps, think of a painted white line on the ground. You want it to be running right underneath the centre of your body, with your back heel just touching one side of it, and the toes on your front foot just touching the other side of it. Once you get this I'll show you how to hold your hands and your head, then we can start looking at your punches."

She had never taught anyone before, always having been a student, but she hoped she wasn't doing too bad a job. She just had to make sure to keep slowing things down, Mark wanted to race ahead and she was tempted to let him just so she would have someone to spar against. But all that would do would teach him badly and give her someone she could knock out easily. Where was the fun in that?​

Megaman765

Years
Mark observed her stance as well as the instruction she gave. There was more to this whole fighting thing then meets the eye. Snype jumped off of Mark's shoulder so that he could have some space to throw his punches. As Sammy made her movements, Mark did his best to mimic them by putting his feet right below his shoulder. It might have looked a little off but Sammy would hopefully correct him if anything was wrong. Either way it was close enough. He made sure his feet were pointing the right way as well.

"How's this...?" Mark said, trying to keep a steady stance. So far this wasn't too bad... Mark hoped he at least looked good doing all of this.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"That's not bad, but relax a little. You're too rigid. You want your body to be in this stance, but not locked into it. And raise your back heel a bit, it'll help your balance. In a real fight you're going to be moving around a lot. Okay, so your hands. They should match your feet. Your dominant hand - whichever one you use the most - is actually the one you hold back."

Sammy lifted her arms up to demonstrate. Her left hand was in front of her face, while her right hand was beside her right cheek.

"So. Elbows down, but hands up. Just like you see on TV. You want your head to be behind your hands to keep it protected, with your chin tilted down towards your chest. Your eyes should be just above your hands so you can see whats going on. Give it a try. Once you've got this nailed, you've pretty much got your stance sorted. You should practice getting into this position again and again when you have time - while you've set your Pokemon some training would probably be a good time. It'll make it easier, practice makes perfect and all that."​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
http://i.imgur.com/kBdyRGn.jpg
|
|
|
|
|
|
Zen the Gardevoir

Bai's Classroom

3-1: Class Participation?

282.png

Bai, through her mind, offered for Zen to introduce herself to the class. Zen thought of it, but seeing as the class had practically taken off with flurries of questions, she decided it best to just sit there and watch everything as it happened. However, it seemed interesting that the topic had jumped to legendaries so quickly. Despite all this, Zen couldn't find anything to say to involve herself. She simply watched quietly from beside Bai's desk, just sort of allowing herself to be aware of her surroundings.

Years
Holly Amarosa

Kayla smiled. "I guess we can skip class..." she whispered. "I'll have an excuse for not going, but what about you?" She gasped when she heard screeching under the bed and peeked down. "What are you two doing?" Kayla asked. She blinked when Rosemary ran into her face and pulled her head up, wincing when she hit the bed. "Ow!" Kayla yelled. She pulled Rosemary off of her face and sat up quickly. "What happened?" she asked, petting the kitten. Rosemary mewed softly and climbed up to Kayla's head. Kayla sighed and looked at Shawn. "I hope that you don't get in trouble..."

siiadams

Years

"I'm not worried about it," Shawn smiled, "Besides, I figured you'd want my company so you wouldn't be bored." All of a sudden, his head started pounding like someone was beating his brain with a brick. Instinctively, he let go of her hand and braced his head, groaning softly. "Sorry...hang on..." he said to her through gritted teeth.

He stood up and walked to the bathroom sink, staggering a little bit on the way. He got to the sink, staring at the mirror, as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small medicine bottle. He opened it and took a pill out, quickly closing the bottle and replacing it in his pocket. Shawn quickly swallowed the pill, chasing it with water, and thought he saw a look of concern on Kayla's face. Did he imagine it?

He quickly turned to her, smiling and slowly walking back to her. "I hope I didn't scare you. I'll be ok once the pill kicks in," Shawn said as he sat back down next to her bed.

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla frowned and grabbed Shawn's hand. "If you say you're okay, then I guess..." She trailed off at the end and sighed. Rosemary tilted her head and mewed softly. She jumped onto Shawn's head and curled up into a ball, purring softly. Kayla watched the Skitty start to fall asleep and giggled. "You should make sure that you don't move your head very much," she said softly. She looked down at the ground and started to blush. "U-Um..." she whispered. "Since we're going on a date, does this mean that we're boyfriend and girlfriend now?" She looked up at Shawn hopefully.

Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla frowned and grabbed Shawn's hand. "If you say you're okay, then I guess..." She trailed off at the end and sighed. Rosemary tilted her head and mewed softly. She jumped onto Shawn's head and curled up into a ball, purring softly. Kayla watched the Skitty start to fall asleep and giggled. "You should make sure that you don't move your head very much," she said softly. She looked down at the ground and started to blush. "U-Um..." she whispered. "Since we're going on a date, does this mean that we're boyfriend and girlfriend now?" She looked up at Shawn hopefully.

Last edited:

siiadams

Years

Shawn felt the painkiller medication set in. Thank goodnes, too, because then Kayla's Skitty jumped up onto his head and layed down to sleep, purring. He gently petted her before he heard her ask if they were officially boyfriend/girlfriend yet. He smiled as he met her gaze.

"I think it does," he said, grinning broadly, "My girlfriend, Kayla...I love how that sounds!" He put her hand against his lips, kissing the top of it. He didn't want to move too much, in case her pokemon decided to hang on by digging her claws into his scalp.

"Man, how long do we have to wait for the nurse to say that you can go?" he asked out loud, tired of just staring at these white sterile walls.

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled and pecked Shawn's cheek. She sighed and looked at the door. "Nurse!" she yelled. The nurse opened the door and peeked in. "Y-Yes?" she asked. Kayla smiled. "When will I be able to leave?" She kissed Shawn's cheek again. The nurse blinked. "I-I guess you could leave when class ends," she whispered. "If you're feeling well enough, that is..." Kayla smiled again. "Yay!" she said excitedly. She giggled softly and looked at Shawn. "We'll be able to find Holly and Haru after class, then! Then we can decide on where to go! I can't wait!" She petted Rosemary's head and giggled when the kitten's tail flicked.

siiadams

Years

Shawn was relieved to hear the nurse say that. It seems like both of them were impatient to leave this place. "Well, this means we have a little time to kill. What do you want to do now?" he asked her, itching to go...anywhere, really. He slowly and gently picked up her Skitty off of his head and petted her, scratching a little under her chin.

Shawn layed the pokemon on Kayla's lap as he went to her closet and grabbed her crutches. "How's your leg feeling, by the way?" he asked, noting that it wasn't swollen like it was before. Maybe it was getting better, as well. He walked back to her bed, kissing her cheek when he approached.

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled and brushed some hair away from her face. "It feels better," she said happily. "It's not burning anymore!" She grabbed a lock of hair and started to braid it. "Do we just wait here until class is over? That seems pretty boring..." Kayla pouted and focused on her hair. "I hope Holly gets out of class early or something..." She finished her braid and petted Rosemary on the head, frowning when Shadow floated up to her. "Can you stop coming out of nowhere?" Kayla asked. "You gave me a heart attack!" She gasped when Shadow went into Rosemary's body. "Get out!" Kayla yelled, seeing the kitten wince in her sleep.

Last edited:

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: The Academy --> Practical battling

Iny Continued to drag the boy to the classroom, Eager to see what was in store for in her second class, Unlike berries Iny actually knew quite a bit about battling, Well at least with her own pokemon, She never really saw many different pokemon outside of the ones native to lavaridge town.

"Perhaps I should go first?" Clumsy asked as they approched the door.

Whether she was completely ignoring him or Just didnt care is unknown But she barged in the classroom despite his offer.

"Hey, Sorry clumsy here and I are late!" She said pulling him into the classroom "We got kinda got wrapped up in something." She said, being sure not to give too much detail considering they were technically breaking the rules then too.

Megaman765

Years
Mark nodded and did as she said, raising his heel and going into a more relaxed stance. Mark was right handed, so he lifted his right hand and set it beside his cheek while his left hand was put in front of his face. He figured holding back the hand he would usually use was because that would be where the first punch would be thrown. Having a bit of force with your best hand seemed proper. That was just Mark's prediction though. This seemed like the sort of thing that made fighters always keep their balance. Mark thought it would be simple to learn but it turned out that things were alot deeper then he predicted anyways. He might have to ask her to do this with him more often. It was kind of exciting to know how to fight.

Mark had his elbows down, hands up just as she said. His head was tilted down and his chin was tilted toward his chest. He tried his best to get the stance right. "How about now?" He asked, looking straight ahead.

siiadams

Years

There was that Gastly again and it seemed like it wanted to cause trouble. It entered the Skitty and soon the kitten was wincing. Apparently it was causing a nightmare on her. Shawn didn't want to hurt the pokemon, but didn't know what to do short of just waking it up.

"Maybe if we wake her up, she'll be better," he offered to Kayla, "If that don't work, maybe returning her to her pokeball will keep Gastly away from her." He shrugged his shoulders, showing how unconfident he was about those options. Just to play it safe, he looked through his team to figure out which one to use, in case he had to fight it.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || The Academy --> Practical battling

Conor waited on a response from Iny following his earlier proposal of going first, but instead received no answer and was simply dragged into the classroom without a choice in the matter.

"Hey, Sorry clumsy here and I are late!", "We got kinda got wrapped up in something." Iny stated as she barged into the classroom. "I could think of better ways to make an entrance" thought Conor. "Sorry" he mouthed towards the teacher, as he stood beside Iny.

There was actually quite a few students in this class, quite a lot more than Conor expected. Armed with the knowledge he would hopefully gain from this class, he might learn how to improve his battle style, or perhaps even his Ralts.

"Great entrance by the way" Conor muttered sarcastically to Iny as he stood beside her looking towards Mr. Alta.

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla pulled out Rosemary's pokeball and returned her. Shadow floated where the Skitty had been and frowned. Kayla glared at the Gastly. "Shoo!" she said, waving her hand at him. "And don't even think about hurting Primrose!" The Pichu peeked out from under the bed and tilted her head. She squeaked softly and climbed up to Kayla's head, her cheeks sparking slightly. She glared at Shadow until he floated into the corner. Kayla petted Primrose on the head, frowning when she felt a small shock. "Calm down, Prim," she whispered to the mouse, who was squeaking angrily. Primrose pouted and shocked Kayla softly. Kayla gasped and pulled Primrose off of her head. She patted down her puffy hair and frowned. "Ow..."

Back