• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • A reminder that our new forum software has 2FA! It can be accessed by clicking your username and then "Password and security" from the menu. We strongly suggest not reusing passwords for your online accounts and enabling 2FA if possible.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
1. The Dream World will provide a Pokemon with an ability that they can only have "in their dreams". Each Pokemon has a select DW Ability that can only be obtained from the Dream World, or some select Pokemon from Hidden Hollows.

2. The Meloetta event starts March 4, so whenever that is for you, that is when the event will begin.

1. Well, I just looked up the abillity and its an immune abillity right? It absorbs electric-type moves and raises the pokemon's Sp.Attack. But will this abillity work ingame? 'Cause my Goldeen still got it ingame and Goldeen/Seaking are the only water pokemon who can get that abillity. When you say ''only use in their dreams'' how do you mean?

2. Well, it can only be obtained in America according to Serebii? I just checked their 2013 event information and march 4th is today for me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
1. Well, I just looked up the abillity and its an immune abillity right? It absorbs electric-type moves and raises the pokemon's Sp.Attack. But will this abillity work ingame? 'Cause my Goldeen still got it ingame and Goldeen/Seaking are the only water pokemon who can get that abillity. When you say ''only use in their dreams'' how do you mean?

2. Well, it can only be obtained in America according to Serebii? I just checked their 2013 event information and march 4th is today for me.

1. LightningRod makes the Pokémon immune to Electric moves and boosts its Special Attack instead. Goldeen and Seaking aren't good Pokémon to use, and they have subpar Special Attack, so the ability is a gimmick at best, unless you really want that Electric immunity.

2. It can also be obtained in Canada if memory serves me right.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
My friend is having a problem with his game. i am wondering if anyone else is having this problem/glitch in their games or know anything about possibly fixing it.
When he uses an item that is supposed to raise Sp. Attack, mainly genius wings, it says it is raising the Sp. Attack but when the evs are checked it is actually raising the Sp. Defense. he has been checking this with an ar. on my game when i use the genius wings and check the evs it does appear to raise the Sp. Attack.
So my question is does anyone else have this problem with sp. attack raising items.
also this is for any sp. attack raising items, he has tried them all.
thank you for your help

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
My friend is having a problem with his game. i am wondering if anyone else is having this problem/glitch in their games or know anything about possibly fixing it.
When he uses an item that is supposed to raise Sp. Attack, mainly genius wings, it says it is raising the Sp. Attack but when the evs are checked it is actually raising the Sp. Defense. he has been checking this with an ar. on my game when i use the genius wings and check the evs it does appear to raise the Sp. Attack.
So my question is does anyone else have this problem with sp. attack raising items.
also this is for any sp. attack raising items, he has tried them all.
thank you for your help

His AR checking code is wrong and your is right? Dunno but sounds like it and he may need to fix the code error.

WishCookie

Years
I know I just asked this before but I'm going to repeat the question: Does anyone know when the Meloetta event will be held in Europe? Other contries than UK, cause they only revealed the event for the UK.

Last edited:
Years
I know I just asked this before but I'm going to repeat the question: Does anyone know when the Meloetta event will be held in Europe? Other contries than UK, cause they only revealed the event for the UK.
For Germany, it will start on 22th of March and last the 19th of April (just like the UK). The same seems to apply to France. The pages of Belgium and the Netherlands still only talk about Keldeo, no sign of the Meloetta event (or maybe I missed it).
Have you had events held in game stores in Sweden before? Maybe you could just ask at game stop or other stores where these kind of events are usually held.

Last edited:

WishCookie

Years
For Germany, it will start on 22th of March and last the 19th of April (just like the UK). The same seems to apply to France. The pages of Belgium and the Netherlands still only talk about Keldeo, no sign of the Meloetta event (or maybe I missed it).
Have you had events held in game stores in Sweden before? Maybe you could just ask at game stop or other stores where these kind of events are usually held.

Well yea, we had some events in Sweden before, but I hope the Meloetta event will be held in Sweden so I'll have to ask the store ofcourse.

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
Thats good to hear, I've been worried about that ever sense I got into competitive play three years ago. I should of asked sooner.

Now I'm not afraid to use berrys. xo

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2013
On this note, maybe you guys can help me. The Move Tutor in Driftveil doesn't have his assistant beside him and won't teach me moves... Any advice?

I have used the Max Repel trick and it works gangbusters, thanks for that.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'll quote for both games since they now share a forum, even though this thread is for B2/W2.

In Pokémon Black and White Versions, the Move Tutor's house is the house to the right of the market. He will teach Grass Pledge, Fire Pledge, or Water Pledge to a friendly starter Pokémon.

In Pokémon Black and White Versions 2, the Move Tutor is in a house west of the Pokémon Center. He teaches 15 moves for 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 Red Shards.
Since this thread is B2/W2, I presume you do not have any Red Shards, or only one of them. You can pick them up in dust spots in caves. Beware; sometimes you may find a Drilbur, or even an Excadrill.

Cyclone

Years
You can also get some Red Shards from a man in Nimbasa City's Pokemon Center or if you lose a battle or forfeit at the Pokemon World Tournament you can also get one shard of a random color.

And then, there's also dust clouds in Relic Passage and Reversal Mountain like what Cyclone stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back