• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Eccentric Emerald

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Pokemon Eccentric Emerald

New Patch Out!

Greetings, everyone! Seeing as I had some spare time, I decided to create my own take on the most fleshed out of the Hoenn games, Pokemon: Emerald Version! Though it is still a work in progress, I intend on making this an entertaining 386 patch with a heightened difficulty.

Points of Interest And Planned Changes

• All 386 Species available (currently lacking Gen I Fossils, Unown and I/II Legendaries)
  • New Evolution methods (including new items)
  • Different Ability combinations (Ex: Overgrow or Shed Skin on Treecko)
  • Physical/Special Split (Courtesy of DoesntKnowHowToPlay's patch and knowledge)
  • Improved Moves, Movesets
  • Improved Trainer rosters (Magma and Aqua actually use more than just Zubat and Poochyena!)
  • Access to all Safari Zone areas Pre-Championship
  • Special Cameos from the Nuzlocke Community

V1.41 Summary
Hey everyone, just a quick patch while I have a few spare moments. Nothing too noticeable, just a few changes such as:

• Tyranitar properly having a 2nd Ability
  • The inclusion of the Event Tickets required to Catch Mew, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Lati@s, and Deoxys
  • Changing of Sableye's 2nd Ability (Shadow Tag got annoying fast)
  • Steven's tag battle team got a facelift!
  • Newest patch should fix the Regi Room Issue
The next is looking to take a while, but will try to include new maps in order to obtain Mewtwo, the Kanto Fossils, Legendary Birds, Jirachi, and Celebi. Oh, and I guess Unown, since they're a thing too...

Screenshots
cWbvP0p.png
rP5FwDS.png
h2gKDFz.png
64B3mGy.png
HUk0s2p.png
m6mRnx2.png
auQA0ae.png
wy6G2C1.png
hAOQMNF.png
uoQS08M.png
yIM5xwX.png
5gmkL1K.png

Old News

V1.4 Overhaul #2! Summary
Happy (belated) New Year! This rollout includes a more stable patch, containing all prior changes and the following:

• New Rival Team Combinations! Each Gender and Starter will now have unique line ups, for a total of 6 potential teams!
  • Item Changes! There are a few more hidden freebies, as well as moving the Good Rod and Super Rod to earlier locations.
  • Area Alterations! A few Routes have been given aesthetic changes to liven them up!
  • More Stat, Movepool, and Attack Changes! Tropius, for example, received a few boosts, and Swift is now a Steel Type Attack!
  • Trade Edits! I don't recall if I mentioned this one, but all in-game trades now offer different species!
Old Saves should function with the new patch, provided it is with a fresh ROM. Documentation is included over all matters. The next patch should (hopefully) contain access to the Tickets required to explore the various tropical islands that house Legendary Pokemon, as well as some ancient give-a-ways!

V1.32! Summary
Boo! Its a quick patch before Halloween! Includes the prior changes, as well as:

• Air Cutter's power has been increased!
  • Flygon can now learn Outrage!
  • Two Special Battles, giving you a final taste of certain people associated with Land and Sea!

Current Issues
Bag sprites on the Poke Ball, TM, and Berries pages are still corrupt. Not sure how, but they are.
Blaziken somehow had its cry corrupt. So much for that AMap fix to prevent it...
Apparently something has tampered with the tileset for Oldale. Guh.

Rework Patch! (V 1.3) Summary

As of 10/11/13, I have redone the patch in order to avoid sound corruption and scripts being overwritten. Hopefully, there isn't much left in there. Includes all changes from patches prior to V1.3

• Moveset, ability, and stat changes to almost every species available in Generation III
  • Move alterations to put them on par with their Gen V power
  • Inclusion of almost every species up to Gen III
  • Evolution items! These allow trade-only species to evolve without that requirement (although old methods are still available)
  • Physical Special Split (courtesy of DoesntKnowHowToPlay's patch)
  • Trainer edits! Wouldn't be as fun without new challenges! Almost literally every trainer/rematch has been altered to make the game more challenging and flavorful.
This patch includes documentation on all habitat changes, important trainer changes, and species changes, as well as a quick explanation on the new items. Good luck, and enjoy!

Current Issues
Bag sprites on the Poke Ball, TM, and Berries pages are still corrupt. Not sure how, but they are.
Blaziken somehow had its cry corrupt. So much for that AMap fix to prevent it...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2016
@Cruztown
Hi,I suggest that you either tone up the Pokemon lvl range for a more difficult hack or tone down the range to make it an easier game to make it feel more unique as a rom hacked game as lvl40+ range at Mossdeep is more or less the same lvl range as the Gen 3 lvl range.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
@Cruztown
Hi,I suggest that you either tone up the Pokemon lvl range for a more difficult hack or tone down the range to make it an easier game to make it feel more unique as a rom hacked game as lvl40+ range at Mossdeep is more or less the same lvl range as the Gen 3 lvl range.

Right, will keep that in mind. I didn't want to deviate from the natural level range too much unless others felt it could use it.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Maybe you could add some news areas for extra battles with trainers as I don't think many will want to replay the same game without adding something new in the game. Even if its just more game like features :)

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Maybe you could add some news areas for extra battles with trainers as I don't think many will want to replay the same game without adding something new in the game. Even if its just more game like features :)

Noted. I was thinking of adding two Leader battles (Archie and Maxie) post-Elite Four, possibly in their old hideouts.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
This sounds pretty cool. To be honest, I didn't want another 386 emerald that boosts the difficulty way more than the natural. I was hoping for something more than the normal levels but not too different, so this fits what I was searching for. Definitely looking forward to this

Last edited:

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Everyone, the newest patch is now attached to the original post. This patch includes the fixed Physical/Special Split, alterations to both species and moves, as well as an Eevee event hidden somewhere on a peaceful, floral route.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Alright, since that post didn't like the first file, I've reequipped it with a functional zip containing the patch and info. Also, Confusion has been fixed (was marked Physical, for some reason).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
This game is pretty fun! The physical/special split has been implemented well. I can finally use Hitmonchan lol. I just got through with Winona, definitely a boost from the normal games. Hope for more surprises!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Will the Battle Frontier be changed in any way at all to utilize the damage split, or will it still be the same? Also, are any plans on having new moves added in? For example like maybe Zen Headbutt, Shadow Claw, and maybe Dark Pulse for pokes like Medicham, Metagross, Houndoom, and Banette to have the corresponding type of good working STAB on their more powerful attack stat.

Last edited:

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Will the Battle Frontier be changed in any way at all to utilize the damage split, or will it still be the same? Also, are any plans on having new moves added in? For example like maybe Zen Headbutt, Shadow Claw, and maybe Dark Pulse for pokes like Medicham, Metagross, Houndoom, and Banette to have the corresponding type of STAB on their more powerful attack stat.

As of this moment, I'm uneducated in the manner of adding and repointing the move table to include newer moves such as the ones you listed; for the time being, only Gen III and priors will be available. Once I read up on the tutorials posted in the forums, I might attempt to add those a few other moves to give some species a boost (Poor Scyther could really use X-Scissor).

As for the Battle Frontier, I cannot find where the data pertaining to the Brains or generated species are contained. Otherwise, I would edit it to make some of the rental species more devastating, and more of the Brains difficult. Until then, it should remain practically the same.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Strange how this is unpopular. You would think people would go for a hack like this, it's clearly superior to a lot of other offerings because it at least has a decent level curve and damage split.

EDIT: One more thing, having no caps in one person's speach right next to an instance of ALLCAPS is a little jaring to say the least. For example at the very beginning with talking to MAY, then no caps in a speach right before the event where you get your starter.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I'm kinda curious, is there any documentation of how evolutions were changed?

I'm only asking because I'm on Route 116 and I'm considering picking up an Abra, so it would be kinda nice to know and I can't seem to find anything. ^^''

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I'm pretty sure that's a happiness evo with Alakazam, but I'm not sure.

Also uh... OP, you're cutting into the wrong data with Advance Map. I can tell because of the Static Seedot Cry, which I just saw being triggered. It's not reversible (not even by replacing cries in PokeCry) unless you start over, but just be careful.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I dunno for sure, but mine evolved at Level 31. It could still be a happiness thing for sure, but that's where mine evolved.

Also, I'm assuming this is a bug, but if you catch a Paras with the ability Damp, and evolve it, the Parasect has no ability.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
I'm pretty sure that's a happiness evo with Alakazam, but I'm not sure.

Also uh... OP, you're cutting into the wrong data with Advance Map. I can tell because of the Static Seedot Cry, which I just saw being triggered. It's not reversible (not even by replacing cries in PokeCry) unless you start over, but just be careful.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I'm noticing more and more errors pop up now due to AdvanceMap altering things. I'm probably going to put this on the back burner and redo everything up until now to correct these problems... :\

Also, thanks for the feedback on the Level Curve. I was worrying about it not being appropriate, but I've not heard a ton of hate either way.

I dunno for sure, but mine evolved at Level 31. It could still be a happiness thing for sure, but that's where mine evolved.

Also, I'm assuming this is a bug, but if you catch a Paras with the ability Damp, and evolve it, the Parasect has no ability.

I'll look into this Paras bug (heh) too. It's probably just an oversight on my part. All "trade" evolutions should be handled by happiness at this point in time, but if I can correct what I experimented with a week ago, expect to see link cables scattered in Hoenn!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
Just beat the elite four with my team. I EV trained some but still had to get them at around level 55. Here they are:

Rhydon Lv55
Earthquake
Double-Edge
Rock Blast
Horn Drill

Relicanth Lv54
Rain Dance
Waterfall
Rock Slide
Return

Bellossom Lv56
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder

Arcanine Lv54
Crunch
Reversal
Blaze Kick
Extremespeed

Articuno Lv55
Fly
Ice Beam
Double Team
Agility

Hitmonlee Lv57
Bulk Up
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Sky Uppercut

How many cameos of community trainers are in the game? I think I only found 1 or 2.

Back