• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wally V/S Emerald: Which Do You Prefer?

Who do you prefer?

• Emerald ftw!

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Wally ftw!

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
Okay, so I've been reading the Pokemon Special manga and am currently at the end of the R/S arc. Now, I have enough knowledge to know that Emerald is the third Dex Holder even though Wally obtains both the Dex and Treeko first. This seriously bugs me cuz Emerald is such a crappy character! To me, Wally should have been named Emerald and been the official third Dex Holder since he's so much better fit for the role that lame midget Emerald.

Who do you prefer? Emerald? or Wally?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Wally, I hate Emerald so bad, he's like my most hated PokeSpec character. Wally raised that Treecko up and Emerald gets it. Besides Wally fit in with the others more than Emerald does and the emerald on his head looks ridiculous.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
Thank you! Plus, Wally fits the role perfectly! All of his Pokemon are shades of green, emerld being one of them, and his hair and eyes are green too. Yet here we have blondie Emerald with his retarded platform shoes and ridiculous outfit...oy...

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Wow, I don't think you guys really hate Emerald. I think you guys hate his character design. I like Emerald. I like Wally also. But compared to the Johto Dexers they're irrelevent to me. lol

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Don't hate Emerald? Of course I hate him, I hate his attitude, his stupid gadgets. The only thing I enjoyed from him was his skill at the Battle Factory.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
Years
Well, Emerald is my favourite PokéSpec character , so I voted for him. I like his enthusiasm and he went through a really great development in the Emerald Saga. Plus his backstory nearly made me cry. -.-

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
Years
I used to hate Emerald, until I read the final chapters of the Emerald Arc. After reading his backstory and seeing how much he matures through the final battle, I can't help but like the little squirt. On the other hand, Wally hasn't received much character development at all. So, I have to say Emerald.

PokeRescue18

Hoenn Trio fan!
Years
I used to hate Emerald, until I read the final chapters of the Emerald Arc. After reading his backstory and seeing how much he matures through the final battle, I can't help but like the little squirt. On the other hand, Wally hasn't received much character development at all. So, I have to say Emerald.

It's nice to hear from anther fellow that likes Emerald. To be clear, all of us should be really grateful that Wally appeared in PokeSpe. He didn't appear in the anime at all! And also be grateful that the writers gave Wally credit during the RS arc in the Sky Pillar and played the part in awakening Rayquaza in which I'm contented at. But please let's not be harsh at Emerald. After all, he was the one who really want the PokeDex in the first place, even going through many difficult trials to obtain it. In my eyes, Emerald really deserves to be the 10th Pokedex owner but let's not forget Wally's contribution in the RS arc. Enough said. ;)

Lunarian

Lavender's Priestess
Years
Wally is quite the trainer if he is given the chance but Emerald gets all the gold he mined :( But whatever it is,my like towards Emerald started to grow as I learned his background which is quite interesting.But I do hope that Wally will make an appearance in future chapters with brand new team of Pokemons :) We can dream about it!Oh,the thing that I don't like about Emerald is,yes,his character's design xD Quite absurd if you tell me,the first time I saw him,I thought he was a robot lolol~♫

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
Emerald all the way. That little dude is a carefree trainer, and he seems to know more about pokemon than wally does

off topic: I wouldnt mind seeing him in the games

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wally was first, Wally got Treecko first, Wally has green hair, Wally is SEXY, Wally is my second favorite PokeSpe character, Wally, Wally, WALLY.

Wally wally wallabee. Yes, I vote Wally.

Ninetales433

KHR Forever *-*
Years
I kinda like Emerald,but not as much as Wally.I think Wally should've been the 10th Pokedex holder,but Emerald is okay too.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
Years
Neither. There is no better character. Both have flaws, both have awesome levels of BA, and both are hated by the others' fandom.

Although technically, poor Emerald doesn't even have one. If he does, it's very small. Actually, the guy wasn't even supposed to exist, until the writers changed their minds and decided that Wally wouldn't do for a character and came up with a back up. Maybe that's why people hate him so much. Though why you would want Wally to become a Dex Holder when the end result would most likely kill him I don't really know...the writers at least had a good reason behind their decision.

Moving back to the main topic of discussion. In my mind, both are equal, but I'll vote for Emerald just to spite the people who constantly want him to fall off a cliff. Surely there's a better reason for him to die then hate by the fans, or really, a better reason as to why he shouldn't die at all.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2011
Emerald is hideous...
Idk why they didnt go with the design of the boy from the other frontier manga.
His character design was that of the boy you help there except for whatever reason in the actual game they just used the sprite of a bug catcher... but he did have actual art drawn for him that looks nothing like the bug catcher or emerald (aside from both being short.)

Maybe they can redesign emerald into that boy and ill like him even though he just looks like a mini ruby.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Emerald was an okay character, he matures throughout the arc. At first I thought oh my god another character. But Wally is alot cooler imo. He worked hard to get his lungs stronger and pretty much set Rayquaza for Norman to use. Emerald set The 5 dex holder's free.. So When it adds up I say they're around the same level except Wally wins because he's that awesome to me.

cjlaw

A unknown fighter
Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
I dislike emerald more than any other dex holder and i don't know why I hate him either.
Wally would have been a better choice for main character.

Back