• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
So apparently Rozen Maiden's getting another season. Can't really say I agree with this decision seeing as the manga's been complete for quite a while now, and the series hasn't been touched in forever.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
While I agree that a 4 or 5 hour Harry Potter finale would have been awesome, I don't mind the splitting at all. It was pretty unnecessary in the case of Breaking Dawn, and it is pretty unnecessary for The Hunger Games judging by the size of the third book in that series, but overall I like the concept of splitting a book in two and prolonging the entire thing.

I especially loved it in the case of Harry Potter, since I was not ready (and am still not ready) for it to be over.

I still laugh when I think about the people/'Diehard Rabid Raving Twilight Fanatics' who claimed/still claim that the Harry Potter franchise stole the idea of splitting the final book into two movies. I'm surprised there wasn't a holy war between the two fanbases over that decision.

Wait... there are people who think this? Even though Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 wrapped filming in December 2010, and was released an entire four months before Breaking Dawn Part 1? Who are these people?

Years
I can still remember going to see Breaking Dawn Part 1, wondering when the plot was going to show up.

I need to get around to seeing the second part before it leaves theatres, but I'm kind of sad that Twilight is ending. It taught us the importance of good writing and the dangers of stalkers. It brought people together in mutual disgust and hatred.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I can still remember going to see Breaking Dawn Part 1, wondering when the plot was going to show up.

I need to get around to seeing the second part before it leaves theatres, but I'm kind of sad that Twilight is ending. It taught us the importance of good writing and the dangers of stalkers. It brought people together in mutual disgust and hatred.

/snorts

Interestingly enough, I got out the lovely book Twilight yesterday, because I hadn't been able to get past the first 50 pages and I was determined to read it and then critique it in true Harley fashion. However, I read one page and then I accidentally spilled coffee on it and soaked the first 20 pages... I believe it to be a sign from the literature gods.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
I was unaware of this. What I get for taking my eyes off it for a little bit orz

Guess the new series would be off that seeing as the anime concluded and there's really no good reason to continue the old series after all this time.

Years
The literature gods speak to me sometimes when they make me misplace my bookmarks and I end up rereading the same parts of the same book over and over again until I just give up. So many half-read books on my shelf, silently judging me.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
The literature gods are not to be trifled with, it seems. I have the same problem as you - Gone With the Wind is still yet to be finished, although I have had the book in my possession for over 18 months. How many times must I read of Scarlett's desire to secure money to pay the taxes of Tara? I must be in Tartarus, repeating the same punishment over and over for all eternity.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
The literature gods are not to be trifled with, it seems. I have the same problem as you - Gone With the Wind is still yet to be finished, although I have had the book in my possession for over 18 months. How many times must I read of Scarlett's desire to secure money to pay the taxes of Tara? I must be in Tartarus, repeating the same punishment over and over for all eternity.
I've done this with a couple of books as well, mainly the Harry Potter series. It just got so boring in the fifth book that I stopped after the infinite loop of reading came to an end.. The same old boring plot of Harry going to school, having an adventure and going home got so boring. /brick'd

Years
Brick'd is right! The 5th book is the best book, because that's when EVERYTHING changes. Sure they still have an adventure at school, but they're MUCH different than they were before. And the 7th book is EXTREMELY different.

How could you Cosmo??? :P

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
I was unaware of this. What I get for taking my eyes off it for a little bit orz

Guess the new series would be off that seeing as the anime concluded and there's really no good reason to continue the old series after all this time.

I read through some of them they aren't that good and don't add much to the series

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
It's a bit of a take it or leave it series for me anyway. I've read the manga into the 40s and watched the first series but it's by now means a fav.

Years
I feel like EVERYTHING CHANGES in the 4th Potter book because of whatshisname dying. Oops. Spoiled that. Ah, it's been long enough. Spoilers only have a few years of shelf life anyway.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
But Scarfy, that's not as big a spoiler as [person] dying in the 6th book! Remember how Harry Potter martial law was declared in the real world and anyone who dared to breathe a word about the ending was instantaneously executed?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I remember that. I carried out a few of those executions myself.

I wish I had you around when some ASS ruined for me that Hedwig dies in the first big event of The Deathly Hallows :( I WAS DISTRAUGHT FOR DAYS AFTERWARD

Years
I wish I had you around when some ASS ruined for me that Hedwig dies in the first big event of The Deathly Hallows :( I WAS DISTRAUGHT FOR DAYS AFTERWARD

Quick! Edit your post! Don't you see what you could possibly do? It would be deja vu, except you'd be on the other side of it!!!

Anyway, I don't think anyone ever spoiled anything for me. Of course, that's what happens when you get the book at midnight the night it's released. :)

Years
I remember some of those midnight releases, standing in line for 5 hours with capes and wands and putting a sign around my friend's neck that said "Muggle." Then the sleepover where everyone stayed awake until 2 or 3 reading before we all passed out with the books in our hands.

It was kinda bad one year because one of us got a book that has some printing errors that put a lot of the pages in upside-down and backwards (and maybe omitted some pages).

Years
No, it was a test. See, you have two options when something like that happens. 1) you return the book and get a normal one which you can read normally, or 2) you keep it as a sort of collector's item, a special memento, but at the cost of not being able to read the book unless you get another copy. The gods want to know how dedicated you are to your book series. If you show sufficient dedication they may reward you in making that print error worth a lot of money to collectors. (Which in itself is another test - would you sell it just for money?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back