• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New evolution methods.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Weather based evolution? Similar to Castform, but instead of changing shape, the Pokemon evolves into different species depending on the weather. :3

Or environment based evolution? As in, the Pokemon evolves into different species/types depending on whether it's leveled up in a cave/forest/building/at sea... etc.

Berry evolution? >_>
Accompanying party Pokemon based evolution? o.o
Oh oh, version based evolution? As in, a Pokemon evolves into A or B depending on whether you're playing X or Y? ;D

Player's gender based evolution? u_u
Nature based evolution?

Pokemon that only evolve upon breeding? (Sex is very important, yup)...

Ok yeah.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is there any pokemon that evolve only in a particular season? If they haven't added that yet I could see them adding it if seasons make a return.

I like that idea but wow completing the PokeDex would be hard ;(

idk... like if you interact with certain thing and you have that pokémon in your party it would evolve... yeahh that would be sick!

That exists! Glaceon and Leafeon :3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just thought of a Food based Evolution.

If France is the base for the new region, Culinary arts is a big thing for the french so they could include a new minigame for cooking, similar to making poffin, except you can use new ingrediants besides berries.

Similar to Feebas needing to be fed beauty raising Pokeblocks/Poffin, they could include a food based evolution with new stats based on looks with each food raising that stat.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I love that idea. Though Feebas was damn hard to get to evolve using that method.

Maybe we can have an evolution triggered by temperature which could play with the season based evolution theory or if one is on top of a snowy mountain/ volcano. If it's hot out the pokemon evolves. Gen V had someone who told you the temperature at one point, perhaps they could add a similar person or add temperature as a part of the new device.

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
Maybye they will interprate a evasion ppercentace in, pojemon evolves after levelnup over certain evaision percenrage

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Just thought of a Food based Evolution.

If France is the base for the new region, Culinary arts is a big thing for the french so they could include a new minigame for cooking, similar to making poffin, except you can use new ingrediants besides berries.

Similar to Feebas needing to be fed beauty raising Pokeblocks/Poffin, they could include a food based evolution with new stats based on looks with each food raising that stat.
I really like that idea, would make a lot of sense too.

I expect they'll add a few more stones but I can't see anything too drastic (like brand new drastic) happening.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
If there ever is a new Eeveelution, I think the new kind of way of evolving would be to go to a special place, like a place that is clear and you can see the stars in the night sky. And by battling there... would allow certain Pokémon to evolve. It would be fantastic, especially an Eevee evolving into a "Stareon", that would be excellent. :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If there ever is a new Eeveelution, I think the new kind of way of evolving would be to go to a special place, like a place that is clear and you can see the stars in the night sky. And by battling there... would allow certain Pokémon to evolve. It would be fantastic, especially an Eevee evolving into a "Stareon", that would be excellent. :)
That would be cool but I doubt it'll be called Stareon. Maybe the pokemon can be a fighting type forming a trio with Espeon and Umbreon (who are Sun and Moon). Or maybe it'll be Dragon as Dragon types have been associated with Meteors (Draco Meteor, Rayquaza being confused for one, Kyurem falling from a comet according to legend).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think a link battle evolution would be an interesting concept. Battle a friend next to you/online.

mmm battling myself <3 yay

Also, I love Xander's food evolution idea. Very cool!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Yeah we don't need another attack on Pokemon from PETA.

Also, I don't like the idea of evolving through Wi-Fi or Dream World related stuff. Not everyone can do that, and heck, not everyone was able to get Escavalier and Accelgor in gen V because of that weird trade method (though that could be said about any trade evo Pokemon). But I think requiring Dream World or something would be a little mean of them.
I didn't like the idea of dragging my link cable around either... At least with that you have an easier way of doing things.

I thought of the streetpass as well, seems to be an interesting concept. They promote interactions with others through this. I don't know if we really consider Deerling evolvutions Seasonal based, but they could probably expand on that. Or include an item or something else to add to that. An ability based evolution would be nice as we already have one based on moves. Maybe something like level + ability at a certain point offers a split evolution.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Pokemon polymerization comes to mind--in other words, if you have two Pokemon in your party and use a special item, they would sort of mesh together and become one Pokemon. This could maybe be done with Pokemon that don't have another evolution (and perhaps no pre-evo., either). And seeing how this region may be more science-y makes this idea even more plausible. However, I doubt it'll happen, especially since the idea's been used in other series (such as Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon) XD; ...Then again, they did do this with Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom, so...

Another possibility is to have a Pokemon's evolutionary path depend on which stat is higher, kind of like Tyrogue. But Idk.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I thought of the streetpass as well, seems to be an interesting concept. They promote interactions with others through this. I don't know if we really consider Deerling evolvutions Seasonal based, but they could probably expand on that. Or include an item or something else to add to that. An ability based evolution would be nice as we already have one based on moves. Maybe something like level + ability at a certain point offers a split evolution.

I like the idea of a seasonal evolution (like night/day with some Pokemon) and I really love the split evolution with different abilities. That is actually something that I can see being very likely, honestly.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I hated trying to evolve feebas. It was a chore trying to find it, let alone evolve it. But I think the ways they have now work, but a climate type thing would be really cool :)

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Hmmm... Since this gen is all about Genetics, maybe evolution through a machine like resurrecting fossils or something like that...

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
or maybe something like...feel free to slap me for this...maybe something like Combining your DNA like in digimon, that'd be a sick way to evolve pokemon :)

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Maybe Have a Pokemon Evolve Depending on its Nature?

EG: Pokemon Evolves at Level 40 Into This Mon if its Nature is Relaxed
Pokemon will Evolve into Different Mon at Level 40 if its Nature is Naughty
etc

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
After walking X amount of steps, valueY increases by 1.
If valueY>setnumber
and
If Pokemon Y's Level>integer
Then PokemonY evolves into PokemonY2.

or maybe something like...feel free to slap me for this...maybe something like Combining your DNA like in digimon, that'd be a sick way to evolve pokemon :)
That would be nice. Also, fusion evolution!!!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
EG: Pokemon Evolves at Level 40 Into This Mon if its Nature is Relaxed
Pokemon will Evolve into Different Mon at Level 40 if its Nature is Naughty

There are so many natures though, and hunting for that one specific nature would be a pain. Even if it were a group of natures (like all the att+ natures will evolve for example) that could still be tedious.

Back