• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Hello, guys, I have an issue. I recently got a new computer, and I got my old Black 2 ROM and emulator, which was No$Zoomer, the latest version. It used to run perfectly until my old laptop got its hard disk drive fried. Anyway, I tried to get it back up and running. I ticked EX0 and EX5, got the code, the settings are the same way as I had them before. I start the ROM, activate the code, reset the cartridge and sit back as I watch the game begin to run.

However, a problem comes when I reach the title screen. Ya know, when it says "Press Start". I press Start, and everything seems to be alright... except that it doesn't start. After the Kyurem close-up, after which the game should begin, it goes back to its original position, and all I can do is watch Kyurem moving and my game not starting.

I tried to run it on Desmume, but it runs too slow at times, and battles take forever. Any way I can solve the problem with No$Zoomer? Because it did the same with Black, and instead of the game starting it only showed Reshiram's tail moving in the bottom screen -.-

EDIT: Problem was solved. Turns out I had "Sound Output Mode" on "None". I changed it to "Digital Mono" and now it works.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hello, guys, I have an issue. I recently got a new computer, and I got my old Black 2 ROM and emulator, which was No$Zoomer, the latest version. It used to run perfectly until my old laptop got its hard disk drive fried. Anyway, I tried to get it back up and running. I ticked EX0 and EX5, got the code, the settings are the same way as I had them before. I start the ROM, activate the code, reset the cartridge and sit back as I watch the game begin to run.

However, a problem comes when I reach the title screen. Ya know, when it says "Press Start". I press Start, and everything seems to be alright... except that it doesn't start. After the Kyurem close-up, after which the game should begin, it goes back to its original position, and all I can do is watch Kyurem moving and my game not starting.

I tried to run it on Desmume, but it runs too slow at times, and battles take forever. Any way I can solve the problem with No$Zoomer? Because it did the same with Black, and instead of the game starting it only showed Reshiram's tail moving in the bottom screen -.-

EDIT: Problem was solved. Turns out I had "Sound Output Mode" on "None". I changed it to "Digital Mono" and now it works.
I do hope you won't be forced to end your gameplay soon
As No$ is no longer capable of working with newer ROMs even if it works... it soon glitches somehow...

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
Hi! New here. So...here's the thing. I'm playing White 2 with DeSmuMe on mac. Everything's great, really. The only thing is I do actually want to catch all 649 pokemon. I've currently got over three-hundred and there are still several left I can get in game.

However, what do I do about those I can't catch in game? It doesn't seem possible to trade for them. I noticed someone mentioned a narc card? What is that, and how would I go about getting it?

If it's not doable, I can just hack in all the pokemon I need at their lowest evolutionary level, but I'd really like to get them legit if I can. I take that pretty seriously - I tend to have multiples of pokemon for each evolutionary stage (except I never keep a baby pokemon as a baby), and their different formes, if any.

Much as I love the battling, I also really love the collecting aspect of these games, and I find it a bit sad that 0nce I've finished trading with Curtis and subsequently trained my pokemon to their highest evolutionary stage, I'm pretty much sunk.

So this post is long enough already, but any suggestions are welcome. :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi! New here. So...here's the thing. I'm playing White 2 with DeSmuMe on mac. Everything's great, really. The only thing is I do actually want to catch all 649 pokemon. I've currently got over three-hundred and there are still several left I can get in game.

However, what do I do about those I can't catch in game? It doesn't seem possible to trade for them. I noticed someone mentioned a narc card? What is that, and how would I go about getting it?

If it's not doable, I can just hack in all the pokemon I need at their lowest evolutionary level, but I'd really like to get them legit if I can. I take that pretty seriously - I tend to have multiples of pokemon for each evolutionary stage (except I never keep a baby pokemon as a baby), and their different formes, if any.

Much as I love the battling, I also really love the collecting aspect of these games, and I find it a bit sad that 0nce I've finished trading with Curtis and subsequently trained my pokemon to their highest evolutionary stage, I'm pretty much sunk.

So this post is long enough already, but any suggestions are welcome. :)
DeSmuME does allow you to trade.
At least through GTS.
But you need a special build version. You can find tutorials on YouTube, happy trading ;)

trafalgar

FireBlast
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
Hello everyone I want to know how to make the background of the text in pokemon fire red transparent, eliminating the white part below the text.

Destiny123

Beginner
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2021
I have a question which idk where to put my request so I place it here.
I recently recolored a texture and I need to know how to put it on my
Black 2 Rom.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hello everyone I want to know how to make the background of the text in pokemon fire red transparent, eliminating the white part below the text.
These questions should go either to Scripting Help Thread or Simple Question Thread in ROM hacking section.
You should go there anyways because IIRC there was a script that made this possible.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
I'm really sorry if this has already been answered. It's really hard to find the right answer to my question because of the huge save problem with pokemon fire red.
I'm playing pokemon emerald on the vba emulator. (I'm not too familiar with the specific words for some technical things so I'll just describe it as best as I can).
I save just normally just like you would save on an actual gameboy. And I've had no problem with that. But I've saved a few times using the drop down menu and pressing "save game".
I've never loaded it before. I just saved it a few times and I get paranoid that something might have to the save file just in the game. (I'm paranoid because I used to play fire red on rom...)
And then one day, I pressed F6 by accident while I was trying to lower the volume. And it loaded the save that I saved through "save game". I turned the emulator off, then on, but it was still that F6 file! I can open other save files like F1, F2, etc. But I can't get back to the save file that is just in the game! I tried loading all the save files like F1, F2, etc but none of them had the normal save file saved onto it..
And the latest save file that I have is a few badges ago and what really pisses me off was that I JUST caught the three legendary pokemons and I just went through victory road to go to the pokemon league...
Sorry for the long post but do you know any way to get that save file back?
I tried clicking import and click on the pokemon emerald battery file but it popped up that loading a snapshot file will erase everything. I'm not sure if it IS a snapshot file or... it's just warning me.
Please help me T-T

+I grabbed up the courage to import battery file and it only brought me to that other save that was several badges before.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013
Hi. I have spend the last few hours scrolling through the Hacks and I have downloaded a few but there is a specific one that I have been looking for, Is there a Diamond and Pearl replica or close enough for a GBA Rom? If not is there a Hack that I can use the Fourth Generation Starters.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi. I have spend the last few hours scrolling through the Hacks and I have downloaded a few but there is a specific one that I have been looking for, Is there a Diamond and Pearl replica or close enough for a GBA Rom? If not is there a Hack that I can use the Fourth Generation Starters.
These questions should be directed to ROM hacking threads...
Well... there's no demake (or complete one at least) of D/P/Pt to GBA but there are many hacks that allow you to use 4th generation starters.
Flora Sky for example.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
I play fire red on my android using myboy and I searched for the save file with a file explorer and I only find .st1 files or .st2 can I use my save to play it on my PC and later get it back because when I am home I like to play on my PC and not my phon

Last edited:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I play fire red on my android using myboy and I searched for the save file with a file explorer and I only find .st1 files or .st2 can I use my save to play it on my PC and later get it back because when I am home I like to play on my PC and not my phon

Your game saves should be located where the game ROM is located as a .sav file. you can then transfer the .sav to your computer and use it on a emulator

Tea_with_Kyary

Kabocha Hime
Years
uumm....im new to forums, and emulation gaming...well, beyond the basics...i do know some basic things...any way...please put up with my inexperience here. im hoping im posting this in the right place...
anyway, my question is this....

is there any way to trade pokemon from my Pokemon white 2 (play it on my 3DS) to and from an emulator such as desmume??

im sorry if this is an old question thats asked alot, but i did do a search in the forums...didnt really find anything specific to my question.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
uumm....im new to forums, and emulation gaming...well, beyond the basics...i do know some basic things...any way...please put up with my inexperience here. im hoping im posting this in the right place...
anyway, my question is this....

is there any way to trade pokemon from my Pokemon white 2 (play it on my 3DS) to and from an emulator such as desmume??

im sorry if this is an old question thats asked alot, but i did do a search in the forums...didnt really find anything specific to my question.
Well... you can use special build of DeSmuME to have wi-fi features which includes GTS possibility so yes, it's pretty much possible to trade...
I don't know whether emulator Pokémon are taken as legit, though...

Tea_with_Kyary

Kabocha Hime
Years
hm, im not sure either. i just know some basic stuff about emulation. the version i have does have wi-fi...guess ill have to get far enough to where i can try trading. only with myself, though, lol

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014

You actually GET Town Map from Rival's younger sister but whatever.
Do you have the keys set?

@ ash493 ..it is happening to me also.icant open the stats menu .......i have won d 1 st gym ........delievered town map too..................... plz tell me what 2 do....(desmume emulator 0.9.9 * 86)

Back