• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokemon Crono - English Beta 2 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2012
I can't get the rom to work... I have done what is recommended to play it. I used the recommended emulator and settings but i am still getting the white screen. and Dante, your website is not working... so i cannot get the rom you say we should download to use.

Can anyone help please... this looks so amazing with the screenshots but yet i cannot even play it..

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2015
Hey. im new to this hack. I looked at the screenshots on the first page and they show new pokemon. But in my game i only have ruby generation pokemon. Just wondering if i am playing an old version or if those are pictures of an upcoming beta

Paluchi

Paluchaayyy
Years
having a bit of trouble getting the patch to work, i used LIPS to patch the ruby ROM and ive had no problem with other patchs, im also using the vba settings exactly as shown but still getting a white screen.
ive got a feeling im using a rom from a different region =/ im using the EU ruby version rom, if anyone can clear this up for me itd be a great help, cant wait to play it :D

*edit* tried again to apply the patch to a different ruby rom but still cant get it working :( sadface :(
im going to redownload the patch file and see if thats the problem... shouldve done it earlier but im lazy.
anyway heres hoping it works this time (yn)

*edit2* tried each download again: both the zip and the translated beta 2.0s wont work past the title, instead of spaces theres black boxes and where prof. oak (or equivilant) appears the black ground just shows bright pink on the translated version or bright orange on the zip version,
the first download however, beat 1.0, works up untill i leave my house =/ stuck as to what to do next, just gonna fiddle with the vba settings till i get it working, bit of help would really be appreciated at this point =/

*Final Edit*
tried everything i could think of. sent the owner a message on youtube in both english and (roughly translated) itallian, got nothing back.
clearly i can no has sadface :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Friend, what do you mean by
"To use will simply be enough you to her to choose a basic rom (in this case ) and to apply the pach.
Doing this can finally play!"
More specifically
"and apply the pach"

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2010
umm... evry time i try to play this i get the white screen of death, i have saves on 128k and all butt what can i do to fix it?

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
I have been playing for a couple of hours, so here is my feedback so far:

Are the fakemon not yet inserted? I was looking forward to them since the sprites on the first page are really good, and I thought that was one of the main attractions of the game.

Almost everything with Scarlet Town is not working properly for me. The mine entrance is closed, and when I enter the building Brenda and Dante have a conversation about events that happened in the mine (which I clearly could not enter). If I try and fall down the hole before exiting the building, I get stuck on a piece of rock in the cave and cannot move. The hole is blocked off by people though upon exiting and reentering the building. Then, Brenda says our work is done, and I try and use Salamence to fly back to Little Town, but it just lands me in Scarlet Town again.

The only Pokeball I have found was lying on the ground. I have found no other way of obtaining them, and if you decide to include your extensive fakedex (which I hope you do) the player should have a means of catching the fakemon.

It doesn't really bother me, but I noticed that the player cannot nickname Poochyena or Charmander.

Those were the main things so far that were problems. There is also plenty of good to say. The intro I liked a lot, and the plot centered around the reaper-like character certainly has me guessing for the most part. If you haven't noticed, I really like the fakedex, and I cannot wait for that to be accessible. All in all, great progress. Keep it up.

Pokedude34

Leaf
Years
  • Age 30
  • NJ
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I have been playing for a couple of hours, so here is my feedback so far:

Are the fakemon not yet inserted? I was looking forward to them since the sprites on the first page are really good, and I thought that was one of the main attractions of the game.

Almost everything with Scarlet Town is not working properly for me. The mine entrance is closed, and when I enter the building Brenda and Dante have a conversation about events that happened in the mine (which I clearly could not enter). If I try and fall down the hole before exiting the building, I get stuck on a piece of rock in the cave and cannot move. The hole is blocked off by people though upon exiting and reentering the building. Then, Brenda says our work is done, and I try and use Salamence to fly back to Little Town, but it just lands me in Scarlet Town again.

The only Pokeball I have found was lying on the ground. I have found no other way of obtaining them, and if you decide to include your extensive fakedex (which I hope you do) the player should have a means of catching the fakemon.

It doesn't really bother me, but I noticed that the player cannot nickname Poochyena or Charmander.

Those were the main things so far that were problems. There is also plenty of good to say. The intro I liked a lot, and the plot centered around the reaper-like character certainly has me guessing for the most part. If you haven't noticed, I really like the fakedex, and I cannot wait for that to be accessible. All in all, great progress. Keep it up.

Yea I wanted to ask the same question as well... I was wondering if you guys had anyway to fix those problems... The game is very addicting still and keep up with the good job!

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2011
I have asked to not vote crono in the contest HOTY because I'm in disagreement with this competition. I hope that this doesn't offend all the fans of Crono!!
Thanks to all those that have already voted and...sorry!!
Oooh, that explains why it didn't win best graphics. Cause it's seriously amazing with that fab wind turbine and stuffs, animated pokemon, not to mention it's the only active hack to have battle backgrounds, and then there's the wardrobe! Although I think it'd be more practical if it were done automatically? ie. swimwear when surfing etc.

Also I'd love to help if you ever need a proof reader for the english.

pokeguy9000

Ghost Ralts
Years
Hey sorry i'm gettting a white screen when i try to play this game? im thinking it might either be the patching or the rom i started with? it seems somebody else on this page had this problem but it wasnt answered, and help is appreciated
thanks

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2012
@ pokeguy9000

I`m getting a white screen too. When you use an emu try another save type. that might work...

however, when i play this game, the titlescreen is completely black and when i open my map everything looks screwed up

Has anyone the same problem?

PS: If this problem is already solved and i just didn't read about it, ignore it.

Have a nice day.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
i was wondering if you would change the title screen because you switched from pokemon to fakmon :)

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
Years
I LOVE THIS HACK AND NOW THAT YOU ADDED FAKEMON ITS GOTTEN SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER I LOOK FORWARD TO BETA 3 KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK

Xigbar02ii

Xigbar's best buddy
Years
Can someone help me? The title screen still wont show up. It just goes black. And Im pretty sure I have the right Ruby Rom. I managed to find a Pokemon Crono rom on some other site, but it didnt have the right pokemon and stuff. Help?

pokeguy9000

Ghost Ralts
Years
If you still have some problems with the white screen or the TITTLE SCREEN doesn't appear you can go on my site Pokéhacking where you will find a section devoted to the Rom Base where you can download the version Ruby (ENG) writing the code that is asked.
it is the same base that I've used to create my hack..
then it should work.
Hey i cant find the correct thread for this s if somebody could PM the correct link, or one to get close or how to find it that would be great.
I found a copy of crono without fakemon on the same site

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Why on the first page is great pokedex with fantastic fakemons and in the game they are just ..... I don't know how to call at this monsters.. :/

zeroyasha

Shiruba: Starter of Flames
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2023
Oh wow, some of those sprites are gorgeous! Way better than a lot of the fifth gens! XD; Kudos dude!

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
So I'm waiting for the next beta. I reaaaaaaaally want to use those fakemon. I was kinda saddened when I saw that you didn't use the first nine pokemon as starters but instead Poochyena.

I hope that in this revamp of whatever it's called, we get to use those fakemon you made because they are awesome-tastic.

Also, does anyone recommend any other fakemon hacks? I couldn't find a place to ask it, so I decided to incorporate it into this post.

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
Hello people!! How are you???
I hope fine :)

Well my friend...I don't have some time to reply on yours ALL questions.
Some of them are about the gameplay and the White screen...right??

Well...to fix it you have to Download the pokèmon ruby version 1.0
It's very important...becouse without this, you'll always have this problem.
Serch it on google ;)

And now...some important NEWS for CRONO!!
YES!
Today I've for you an interesting (maybe xD) news!

This is the official Trailer of Pokèmon Crono EX (Extreme). The new version of the 2011.

I hope that you like it ;)

mhm...I've some problem to insert the youtube's code... :surprised:
Maybe a Staffer could fix it?? :)

However...those are the links for youtube:
Official Trailer ENG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19h0PCCMSmo
Official Trailer ITA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51x3JWTjuuc
Official Trailer SPA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8qOg7ZKznQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back