• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Tidal Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Wow. It's awersome*__* I like Kanto region. Features are amazing! I likr the idea about pokemon sounds/voices from the anime. Never thought that it's possible to do. I want to listen XD pika pika^___^ How many pokemon will be in the game? Good luck with your project, I hope you'll finish it

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
WOW!!! This game looks sweet! And I love the plot, with Mewtwo searching for Arceus! :o

Wow. It's awersome*__* I like Kanto region. Features are amazing! I likr the idea about pokemon sounds/voices from the anime. Never thought that it's possible to do. I want to listen XD pika pika^___^ How many pokemon will be in the game? Good luck with your project, I hope you'll finish it

I'll rip the sounds from the anime myself mostly.
And there will be the original 151 plus evo's.

Update 19-11-2011:

Working on Vermillion City, some screenies tommorow :D

[SIZE="a"]
I'm actually using Red's sprite from HGSS now.
Couldn't find it when i made the screenshots :P

Are you going to edit out the excess shading under his hat and adjust his eyes? It looks goofy seeing him playable with the shadow over his eyes.

Also, wow, I like what you've done with Brock, two Pokemon was pathetic for any gym leader.

Yes im going to edit his sprite.
And wth whould anyone use 2 geodudes :D[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

The mapping is very open and boring. Fill it with more shrubbery or... something to break up the monotony. And make the maps less squared, your style is very similar to Nintendos... which may look good to some people, but in my opinion it's way to boring.

All my opinion though, do whatever you want i guess haha

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
The mapping is very open and boring. Fill it with more shrubbery or... something to break up the monotony. And make the maps less squared, your style is very similar to Nintendos... which may look good to some people, but in my opinion it's way to boring.

All my opinion though, do whatever you want i guess haha

I understand your criticism , but that's just the way kanto is.

Atomic Reactor

You don't have to make it just like kanto. If I wanted to play kanto, in these graphics, I'd just go pick up HGSS. You can probably make maps more appealing than nintendo, so why don't you? It will add your own touch, instead of just pretty much copying an already made game. And it will make it much more interesting to play.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
You don't have to make it just like kanto. If I wanted to play kanto, in these graphics, I'd just go pick up HGSS. You can probably make maps more appealing than nintendo, so why don't you? It will add your own touch, instead of just pretty much copying an already made game. And it will make it much more interesting to play.

I actually did this with Pallet Town :

pallettown.png

I might do this for other towns later :D

Atomic Reactor

Great, now maybe add some more flowers or other organic tiles, maybe some fencing? Idk, add a little more to it. But this is what I'm talking about. Don't just remake Kanto, recreate it with your own ideas. It will make your game so much more.

Casue all i see right now it a remake of Red and Blue with HGSS graphics, which a majority of us have already seen.

If you add your own touch, then it will make it that much better.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Great, now maybe add some more flowers or other organic tiles, maybe some fencing? Idk, add a little more to it. But this is what I'm talking about. Don't just remake Kanto, recreate it with your own ideas. It will make your game so much more.

Casue all i see right now it a remake of Red and Blue with HGSS graphics, which a majority of us have already seen.

If you add your own touch, then it will make it that much better.

I will be sure too :D, thanks for the constructive critisicm.

Atomic Reactor

Good luck with your project, I'll be watching for updates and such :)

KingDrapion

dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
That Viridian Forest map turned out better than I expected. Glad you Liked it Khkramer. I loled at your quote 'the very talented KingDrapion'.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Screenie:
daisy.png

Pewter City by KD:
pewtercityupdate.png

Route 8 by NinjaDude:
route8.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back