• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help, PC is messed up bad!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 27, 2009
Okay, my PC is messed up bad, it obviously has somthing wrong w/it!

First of all I cannot see my little 'start' bar at the bottom of my screen, it just dissapeared! And no, it is not somthing w/the settings!
Also, I cannot Copy or paste and thing (txt or images).
Last, a few errors come up in a few programs and then shut down!

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

btw, i lost my windows xp disk so i cannot reinstall it!

So basically I cannot work on VRoad, or my homework, until this is fixed! NEED HELP NOW!

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Ah, sorry but I know nothing about computers, so I can't help you out. But I do know that this belongs in the Computer Help and Discussion forum. ^_^; I hope that someone can help you get it fixed soon.

*moved*

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
Years
I have no idea. Go check system hardware devices or whatever its called and check and make sure everything is okay. Try restarting it (restarting fixes everything hehe...) Run virus scanners, you could have a virus, or some evil spyware. Maybe the registry is bugged or messed up, if that happend you would have to reinstall windows I think. That's all I can think of.

aaaaaa

And rebooting obviously didn't fix the problem? The possibility of a system restore may be one to consider. Do you know how to access the System Restore function?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 27, 2009
Nope, but i forgot to say that the icons on the desktop wont 'move' also. Im trying a few of these things, but who knows

aaaaaa

If the problems are still there, reboot and start up in safe mode, by pressing F8 just before the Windows Loading logo appears.
When you get into Safe Mode, it'll ask if you'd like to use System Restore, or keep using Safe Mode. Instruct it that you'd like to use System Restore, and follow the wizards.

ArchAngel

I also answer to "Hey sexy"
Years
I'm getrting errors in programs to like IE then they "magickly" shutdown!
hmmm.... it may be a system error and it's 2 gad you don't have the re-install pack.

Maca

Banned
Years
Okay guys being a computer genius myself this is easy.
1.If you get a "shutting down" prompt open up Command Prompt and type in "shutdown -a" that should cancel the shutdown.
2.Go online search for Spybot Search and Distroy "the free one" download it
3.run a check
4.Delete everything except the WMA thing.
5.If none of that works you need to dump your memory to do this
-Open a emulator or a other program and put your computer to sleep for 1/2hr.
-unplug EVERYTHING from your computer and let it sit for 5 mins

Years
I know some about computers...and I would say its either a virus, spy wear..which is what spybot is for ^^...are some type of add-ware..its a program that installs itself specifically
to screw things up..kind of like a virus....so I would do wat Maca said..download spybot, get some virus protections and if that does not work, try add-ware.''

Hope it helps

Dark Magician

The Black lightinig
Years
No problem, go to lavasoft.com and download the ad-aware, my PC had a virus and it took it off in around 7 minutes.

aaaaaa

Maca, for the second time, this is not an RPC exploit.
Okay, I think you really need to understand that a -program- shutting down, or a computer spontaniously rebooting due to an Auto Reboot on BSOD setting, is very different to RPC exploits.
Please sit down, know your place, and only offer advice if you know what you're talking about.
Thanks.

Back