• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years

Dexter Patrick Prince // Lugia Dorm

511.png
17.png
352.png
559.png
+ Helioptile

"Is it even possible for a Pokemon to go out of their ball on their own?" Dex looked at Scrag who, in turn, also stared at his trainer. "Well, Scrag. Don't go out of your Pokeball unless I want you to. There are several ghosts out here." Dex recalled his Pokemon back and kept his Pokeball away. "What'd your class suppose to be right now? I don't know how I'll know my classes, though." He called Pan out. Dex is more relaxed whenever he could see his partner out his ball. So far, he is the only Pokemon of his that he trusts so much to wander off and still return. Totally unlike the Purrloin. If new Pokemon were like that, I would not know how to handle it.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
5924_377620905676901_1306683823_n.jpg
Oerba Dia Vanille

Vanille smiled back at Mark as he spoke. Though the first thoughts in her head were that she couldn't let him go alone. Not if he had gotten into a dangerous spot earlier. Plus she was heading up there as well. Merida meanwhile smiled at Snype and wagged her tail while Prince returned his wave.

"It's nice to catch a Pokemon for a friend. I've made a few friends my short time here, but haven't thought about Christmas yet." she said thinking on what to do. Should she go with him or not. Though within a moment she had made her decision. "Well if you got into trouble up there earlier it's best not to go alone. If you don't mind I'll go with you. I'm heading that way anyway"

971094_377616662343992_869325343_n.jpg
Rosalyn Smith

"mine have managed it before" Rosalyn answered. "If they want to bad enough trust me they will find a way" she added. "I was in the journey's class, but it's probably over and if it's not by the time I get back it will be, plus I might get in trouble for leaving class" she sighed for a moment before looking back at Dex. what now she thought. Last time she had seen Dex she had kissed his cheek without thinking and left embarrassed. Sure she did like him, quite a bit despite having not known him long. She just hoped he wasn't uncomfortable that she had done that.

"um...would you like to head to the beach with me? I'm going to switch out Shade for my Horsea. I'd like to do some training with her and Eris. But for Melody I need to be near water"

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
The Battle:

Out in the snowy battlefield, The bright sun's light reflecting off the snow in a blinding display, The three pokemon were staring each other down, waiting for a signal to act, The tension slowly building as they awaited the word from their trainers. As the battle started, All three trainers called out their command almost simultaneously. Each pokemon Turning to their left to launch their First attack.

Quickly, The Wartortle Launches a light blue Laser from it's mouth aimed directly for the Ralts to his left, Striking him with a chilling attack, knocking him onto the ground From the force of the impact, leaving several icicles hanging off it's head and arms afterwards.

Meanwhile, The Vulpix Is Using it's own attack, Staring at the Wartortle to the left Her eyes start to glow a ghostly blue. Uncurling her tails She conjures six Pink and blue flames from each tip and swiftly guides them to her target. The Flames, Reaching their destination, Collide into the turtle pokemon with a burst of color, Leaving burns on his blue skin and scorch marks on the shell.

Finally, The ralts recovers from the attack he suffered. After shaking the icicles off his own body he performs his action. Suddenly His eyes start growing a light purple, Surrounding the Confident vulpix with a glow of the same color, lifting her off the ground. As the glow disappeared, the vulpix was flung across the field, Her body collecting snow as she was sent rolling on the ground.

Iny Gage: The Battlefields.

Iny looked around the battlefield, A combination of the tension and the newly summoned warm sun halted her shivering as she examined the battlefield,The harsh sun's light reflecting off the snow causing her to shield her eyes.

"Alright, Thanks to my research the Ralts should be no problem at all" She started thinking to herself "Its a psychic pokemon with weak defences, I should be able to pick it off whenever I need to. The turtle on the other hand is a problem. Guessing from it's skin color it's either Ice or Water type. If it's Ice It shouldn't pose much more of a problem than the Ralts. If it's water though that's a problem. Thanks to the sun it shouldn't be able to use any water attack to its fullest potential but Cally Still doesn't like the stuff." She think's Contemplating her situation. "I guess I could always put to use the same old strategy, If it isn't broken don't fix it." She finally concludes to herself, Confident in her decision.

As the signal for the battle is finally waved She calls out her Action for Cally a the other two called their own attacks.

"Cally, Use Will-O-Wisp at the turtle!" She calls out confidently as she watches the small fox channel her attack.

After all is said and done and she watches her own pokemon get up from being tossed across the battlefield She starts analyzing the situation. "Alright, That last attack didnt seem to affect cally too much" She thinks to herself confidently. "Now that the turtle Is burned Cally can start attacking it much more effectively and It shouldn't be able to pull any nasty surprises on us, It was pretty fast though for a turtle, I'm lucky he didn't decide to attack me." She finally concludes.

"Cally, Use Hex!" She calls out, After how much they practiced this strategy with her dad, She knew for a fact Cally would attack Wartortle again without being instructed to do so.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark had to think about that. He hadn't been up at the Volcano alone before... but this time he had to be sure he'd be careful... especially if he was bringing somebody else up with him. Heck, the last girl he brought along caught a Pokemon up there... all Mark had to do was not go in too deep. Though Mark figured he should at least be honest with the girl.

"Sure I don't mind... I didn't go up alone last time. I went up with a fairly experienced gal and we still had a bit of trouble. Haha. Though that was my fault for going too deep. As long as no rumors start spreading about me bringing girls up to a Volcano then we should be good. Haha" He joked. Mark pointed to the direction of the path he took up to the Volcano. There would be a mountain path leading up there by the time the reached there. It was still a bit of a walk though. Mark had a jacket on but he had a bag to store it in at least as long as his shirt didn't get lit on fire again.

"Well I'm ready to go if you are! Just watch your back. The Volcano Pokemon aren't the only things you should look out for. I got Snype and Able on lookout in case anyone suspicious is following us."

miltankRancher

Years

Dexter Patrick Prince // Lugia Dorm

511.png
17.png
352.png
559.png
+ Helioptile

"Um...would you like to head to the beach with me? I'm going to switch out Shade for my Horsea. I'd like to do some training with her and Eris. But for Melody I need to be near water," Rosie asked. Even under the sweltering heat of the afternoon sun, Rosie still looked cute.

"Yeah, I would be glad! I also needed to squeeze in some training for my Pokemon. I feel that Pan is quickly out-leveling my other Pokemon, and I don't want that," Dex explained as the two of them started walking. "Hey! We could pit some of my Pokemon against yours! I know it would be battle that would favor you but my Pokemon could learn from your Pokemon!"

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Oak Town (restaurant)

As Holly came inside, Stacy walked back to the podium to check a small list of names. Shawn walked up to the waitress and said, "Miss? I think we're ready now." Stacy looked up and her eyes lit up. "Wonderful!" she proclaimed, smiling, "I'll show you to your table. Please follow me." She reached down in the podium and produced four menus and started walking in and to the right. Shawn followed behind but slowly, not wanting to leave the others behind. Soon Stacy was distributing the menus, placing them on the table. She placed the silverware as Shawn approached the table.

It was then that Stacy pulled out a small notebook and pen and started writing in it. She quickly looked to them all as she smiled and asked, "What can I get for you all to drink?" Shawn thought about it and nodded, "I'll have sweet tea, please." After that, he walked to one of the chairs and pulled it out, smiling to Kayla as he did this, proving that chivalry wasn't dead. It may be on life support, but it wasn't dead yet.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru Hatake

Haru watched Shawn pull the chair out for Kayla and several thoughts ran through his head at the same time. Oh crap! What do I do? Think, Haru, think! Letting out a nervous laugh, he pulled the chair out for Holly. Thanks for that save, man! He gave a silent shout out to Shawn and looked around. Amy had talked with Holly. That couldn't be good. She was probably complaining about me or something...Haru got a strong feeling that Amy didn't like him, nor would she like him for a long time. "I would like a sweet tea as well." He mentioned to the waiter. He turned to his gathered friends/girlfriend. "I'd say it's time we get this date underway. For real this time." He smiled and gave a big thumbs-up.

Years
Holly Amarosa and Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled at Shawn and sat down. She set her crutches by her feet and picked up Jasmine, who oinked in protest and tried to squirm out of her arms. Holly sat down and groaned softly. She slammed her head on the table and shook her head. "This is the worst day ever..." she mumbled. "How could I mess things up like this? Stupid, stupid, stupid!" Kayla frowned, but forced a smile onto her face when she looked up at the worried waitress. "We'll both have water," she said quickly. She patted Holly on the back softly. "What happened?" she asked. Holly groaned again and started to cry. "I hurt her again... I didn't mean to, but I hurt her... I'm so stupid..." She sniffled and whimpered. Kayla looked at up Haru and mouthed, "Do something."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Oerba Dia Vanille

Vanille nodded. She could tell by looking at him that he was being honest with her, and she was glad about that. She preferred it if people were honest about things. After all, if you weren't honest you couldn't make friends. "well this is a volcano, I didn't think it'd be 100% safe" she said taking her blue jacket off and putting it in her bag. "as for rumors I doubt one would spread, but if it does I'd ignore it." she smiled looking down at Merida and Prince.

"Well I'm ready to go" she said. "also I'll be careful. I never put my Pokemon in their Pokeballs, so they'll keep an eye out as well." she added as Merida and Prince nodded in affirmation. "So Mark, how long have you been here at the Academy?"

Rosalyn Smith

"Hey! We could pit some of my Pokemon against yours! I know it would be battle that would favor you but my Pokemon could learn from your Pokemon!" Dex said as they started walking and Rosalyn smiled brightly at him.

"That sounds like a great idea Dex" she smiled more if possible. "I learned so much during my travels through Kanto and Johto after I ran away from home" she said "most of what I learned I learned from watching others, or battling others" she added as an after thought. "Well first could we stop at the Pokemon Center? I need to put Shade in my PC box and get Melody out of it."

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
(I was told that I could consider myself accepted, so I'll do just that.)

Lux had just arrived on the island. He was looking forward to his classes, particularly the one in Pokemon Mythology. "So this is the island... What should I do now? There must be a reason why Mom and Granny suggested that I come here in particular. I don't see anybody around. So lonely here." Lux complained. He looked at the tattoos on his arm, which resembled the markings on Groudon, wondering exactly why he came.

miltankRancher

Years

Dexter Patrick Prince // Walking with Rosie

511.png
17.png
352.png
559.png
+ Helioptile

"Well first could we stop at the Pokemon Center? I need to put Shade in my PC box and get Melody out of it," Rosie agreed to Dex' suggestion.

"Why not? Three Pokemon Center visits in a day, not three hours gap between each them. I am perfectly sure that the nurse in there would not notice," Dex laughed. "Kidding aside, I also need to heal my Pokemon up. I, er- got into some unexpected happenings inside the dorm." Dex said. He tried to change the topic.

"How'd you know the subjects you will be taking? Nobody had told me where to go ever since I came in here. All I did was loiter around. This is not even schooling. Are the teachers great?"

Megaman765

Years
Mark smiled. Good to see that she was cool with the whole thing and aware of the dangers. She'd be alright. Mark just had to make sure he didn't screw things up again. Mark walked along the path with Vanielle. The Volcano seemed to loom over Oak Town so it wouldn't take long at all. It was a chance to converse! Heck she was already asking him questions. Mark was just beaming with Charisma.

"Oh me? I've been here since day one. Haha... I'm a bit of a veteran around the school I suppose... though I still think I'm a bit of a novice. Hehe... I'm still teaching my Pokemon a couple of new tricks and they've done pretty well in battle. I'm a bit of a strategist myself." Mark said, trying to be modest. He still had alot to learn despite how strong his Pokemon have grown.

"So uh... why did you come to the academy here? Any kind of career your going for?" He asked.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy stalked the halls, looking for a likely opponent, with Cubone trotting at her side. The normally timid little Pokemon seemed, if not confident, then certainly more at ease. He wasn't acting as timid as usual, just walking along and observing his surroundings calmly. Meditation might actually have been the key to cracking his anxiety, giving him the opportunity to get his emotions in order before a battle had the chance to get him flustered. Now all they needed was someone to battle against to see if it had really worked - she wasn't keen on the idea of having her Pokemon battle each other so soon after the Ponyta incident... that was going to be her next problem to solve once she was sure Cubone could hold his own in a battle.

Spotting a boy with red hair around her own age fiddling with a Pokedex she approached him shamelessly and crossed her arms. "Hey. How about you spend less time messing with gadgets and see if you can take me in a battle?"

He looked up, a little suprised by the approach, and sized her up. He took note of the Cubone at her side and nodded. "Sure, I was just killing time anyway. How's Battlefield Ten suit you?"
"Fine, I guess." She didn't really know the specific battlefields... she'd have to check her map to make sure she went to the right place.
"Alright then, see you there." He chuckled to himself and walked away, seeming very smug for someone who had just been challenged... he must think a lot of himself.
"We'll take him down a peg or two, right Cubone?"
"Cubone," he nodded, watching the boy walk away.

Sammy pulled out her map of the Academy and set off towards Battlefield Ten with Cubone by her side.​

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith

"Why not? Three Pokemon Center visits in a day, not three hours gap between each them. I am perfectly sure that the nurse in there would not notice," Dex laughed and Rosalyn giggled along with him. "How'd you know the subjects you will be taking? Nobody had told me where to go ever since I came in here. All I did was loiter around. This is not even schooling. Are the teachers great?"

"I got my schedule in the lobby of the dorm before I went to breakfast. I had to figure that out by myself." she said looking at Dex. "As for the teachers, I think most of them are pretty great. One I can not stand, but I have a pretty biased reason for not being able to stand them"

Oerba Dia Vanille

Vanille looked at Mark with a smile. So he'd been here since the first day. That was great, she wished her parents had heard of the academy earlier. But oh well, she was here now and that's all that matters. When he asked about what career she wanted to go for Vanille's smile got even wider.

"Well, I want to be a top Pokemon Coordinator." she said with a giggle. "I spent my child in a contest hall with Merida here. We were actually born on the same day. At the same time too" she smiled even more as she looked at her Skitty.

"What about you Mark? What career are you going for?" she asked.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Somewhere in Oak Island

Alice's heart began to beat faster as she was taken away from her date by the seemingly harmless and nice Ralts. Why did that happen? How could a Pokémon that cute be so evil? Her brain was overloaded with questions and she passed out before she got to check her surroundings. The Ralts let go of her unconscious body, and cried out to somebody. Soon, somefootsteps were heard, and a creepy shady boy appeared before them. His face could not be seen, and he was covered by rags and a robe that made him look like some wraith.

"Excellent...Well done, Ralts." he said, and the Ralts smiled "Now, this place is not very safe for her. What do you say we take our new friend to, um, safety?"

Ralts nodded, but the voice tone of her trainer disturbed her a little? Whatever was he going to do with that red-haired human? She then started thinking about how she acted towards her, how she was nice and comforted her, and felt remorseful for her actions. Watching as the creepy boy picked up Alice she bit her lower lip and followed after him.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
Lux was wandering around the island. "This is so lonely... And boring. Maybe I'll find someone to battle at the Academy itself." Lux said. He walked into the Academy's main building. He didn't have any idea when any of the classes were. Several people looked at his tattoos, which irritated him, but he ignored them. "Wonder where a good place to battle would be. But would I even find anyone?" Lux wondered. He looked at Spectra's Poke Ball, wondering if anyone would want to battle.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years

Dexter Patrick Prince // Walking with Rosie

511.png
17.png
352.png
559.png
+ Helioptile

"I got my schedule in the lobby of the dorm before I went to breakfast. I had to figure that out by myself. As for the teachers, I think most of them are pretty great. One I can not stand, but I have a pretty biased reason for not being able to stand them," Rosie said.

"Ow. So the earliest that I could go to class would be tomorrow morning. And to think, I am pretty excited for this," Dex said. "Well, I guess I'll just have to train all my Pokemon today. Sorry if I am pretty curious about what happens inside the school. I mean, you're really the only one I have talked to in here and you're pretty great. And I have never formally been to a formal school. This is a new experience for me."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith

Well, I guess I'll just have to train all my Pokemon today. Sorry if I am pretty curious about what happens inside the school. I mean, you're really the only one I have talked to in here and you're pretty great. And I have never formally been to a formal school. This is a new experience for me." Dex said and Rosalyn felt a deep blush form on her face when he said she was pretty great.

"I know how you feel. My mom used to be my teacher, on nothing related to Pokemon. Then when I ran away last year I learned a lot during my travels...It's still odd not sleeping in a Pokemon Center, or a tent every night" she glanced at him still blushing and smiled. "looks like we're almost to the Pokemon Center"

Megaman765

Years
"My career... well... I'm still not quite sure what I want to aim for. If anything I'd like to go on a journey and go for the badges in Kanto before I decide on something like that... maybe I'll go for a Gym Leader. I think I got the smarts for that kind of thing. Maybe a Ghost Type Gym Leader! I have a pretty good relation with ghost types for some reason." Mark replied. He found it crazy that both Vanielle and her Pokemon were born at the same time. That had to be a heck of a coincidence and a heck of a time and place for it to happen like that. It was interesting.

"Coordinator huh? I've always considered putting Snype into a Pokemon Contest... never got around to it though. Snype is a big show off. Hehe." Mark said. Snype gave a large grin in reply and flexed his scrawny arms a bit to show that he was indeed a showoff. He tended to do this in battle as well as part of his strategy. He was a dirty fighter, but not so dirty to the point it was cheap. It was just his style, something Mark had adopted.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - ???
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sleep had come easily to Valorie for once. After getting crushed in about a dozen different places some of which didn't physically exist she couldn't have helped but felt the desire to lay down and let the world fly by her for a while. Besides? What was she supposed to do? Even her treasured pokemon had betrayed her! She had nothing...

Something strong seemed to pull at Valorie's sleeping consciousness. She could feel it, an ethereal hand reaching into her and gripping ahold of her core. It lifted her, and she sat up in turn. All of a sudden a faded visage of the world around her came into view. It was her cell, and yet it appeared a distorted mess to her as if the room were filled with a s trong, glowing pale blue smoke of sorts. Heavily distorted vision aside, she immediately noted the presence of another--Who was he? She reached up and felt her face, only for a voice to interrupt her train of thought. It was telepathy, projected directly into her brain! Despite this, she immediately recognized the voice.

Shu: "You're not looking so good, Valorie... Let me help?"

Oh.

Valorie had forgotten entirely about the yamask that had chosen to live in her shadow rather than in a ball. The rockets must not have checked for him. Why had he declined to get involved earlier? Perhaps he could've helped Kiyoko--No. No one could have forseen Kiyoko even managing to get a hit off, let alone the newcomer ghost. Even then his mask rested upon her face, yet she seemed to be maintaining some form of control over her body. It was as if they'd entered a symbiotic relationship of some sort. After a moment Valorie began to attempt to stand, only for her leg to immediately refuse to support her weight. Instead of falling however she soon found herself defying gravity. Her leg no longer needed to support her weight, and instead feigned walking as she proceeded to glide across the floor and press one hand against the locked door experimentally.

"...This is freaky..." she mumbled under her breath, both amazed and unnerved by her seemingly extended abilities. Shu promptly responded with a casual grunt as if entirely unimpressed with the situation. Had he done this sort of thing before? He then asked the obvious question. What of the man over in the corner? Valorie hesitated for a moment. Who was that and why did she care? She then slowly came to understand that this man was most likely not a rocket and promptly felt bad for her cold feelings. She relented and glided across the floor like an actual ghost. She wished to wake him, and before she had the presence of mind to ask it was done. Shu tapped into his power and attempted to rouse Adriane with a telekinetic jostle. Regardless of it's success, Valorie soon found her focus shifting to the door.

Escape... She wanted out of this place. A powerful energy seemed to soar through Shu and through her by extension, racing through her body before exploding outwards in a blast of energy that slammed into the door with an exceedingly loud CRASH! The door buckled inward under the fighting type hidden power, it's steel hinges damaged beyond repair immediately from the direct and intentional attempt. After a moment it toppled over with a groan and a crack as it hit the stone floor. No alarms seemed to sound, but with noise like that, one had to question if anyone in the building was unaware of what they were doing.

Valorie raised a hand and observed lingering energy radiating from her arms like a strong colored heat wave.

...Sick.

Last edited:
Back