• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
I'm surprized you spelled genious correct, that's an awefully long word, eh?
<I>Kobra<I>

You guys are so funny. I wish you would post more so I can smile more. (seriously, no sarcasm intended) Btw, genius is genius, not genious... I think most of KS's mistakes are typos though, where his fingers just move faster than his brain.. so it's not that he can't spell, he just can't type. :P Anyway, I've kind of gotten used to it. Oh, wait a minute, awfully is spelled without that E you added in.. :cheeky: unless you literally meant awe fully.. like filled with awe? :laugh: (my attempt at a joke, yes, I am joking impaired)

I am still fishing for my little luvdisc.. and you (forget your name, sorry) EDIT-shellder- go and make one faint? :( If you see a shiny and don't have a pokemon with false swipe, just start throwing pokeballs, maybe something will catch it.. From what I have read about other people's experiences, it seems like crits have a habit of happening when pokemon are shiny.

Does anyone else besides me get stupid when they see a shiny? I think it's like my husband says he feels when he is hunting and sees a big deer. Heart starts racing, arms feel tingly, brain shuts down temporarily.. But maybe that's just me?

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
lol i agree in the fact that i see it happening. I kidna act surprised when i see a shiny (only happened twice) but i stayed calm, in fact the poochy i hardly noitcied since i was playing in my bed at night. Lol, well i just hit the poochy once and then threw a greta ball adn caught it. And with Machoke, i threw an ultra ball immedietely.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Lol, it's a bad idea to insult somebody on thier spelling and not spell correctly. >.< *mental note to learn spelling*

Anyways, I might put a hold on the Scyther hunt while I go for Rayquaza. Hunting Rayquaza is quick and I can get 100 resets in about 25 minutes. After I either catch Rayquaza or do around 1500-2000 resets, I'll go back to Scyther for a while.

By the way, nice sig Shellder! Did you make that yourself, like everything?

<I>Kobra<I>

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
You guys are so funny. I wish you would post more so I can smile more. (seriously, no sarcasm intended) Btw, genius is genius, not genious... I think most of KS's mistakes are typos though, where his fingers just move faster than his brain.. so it's not that he can't spell, he just can't type. :P Anyway, I've kind of gotten used to it. Oh, wait a minute, awfully is spelled without that E you added in.. :cheeky: unless you literally meant awe fully.. like filled with awe? :laugh: (my attempt at a joke, yes, I am joking impaired)

I am still fishing for my little luvdisc.. and you (forget your name, sorry) EDIT-shellder- go and make one faint? :( If you see a shiny and don't have a pokemon with false swipe, just start throwing pokeballs, maybe something will catch it.. From what I have read about other people's experiences, it seems like crits have a habit of happening when pokemon are shiny.

Does anyone else besides me get stupid when they see a shiny? I think it's like my husband says he feels when he is hunting and sees a big deer. Heart starts racing, arms feel tingly, brain shuts down temporarily.. But maybe that's just me?

i always get nervous tht im going to accidently run away or drop the gameboy and i get all rigid and stiff like im holding a holy golden egg that will crack is i hold it too hard XD . i jus throw pokeballs i donte ven attack the pokemon at all . i always walk about with max balls and atleast 1 masterball for pokemon that use roar , whirlewinds , or sdor ex .

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years

Yes, I feel especially dumb! Everytime I've found my shinies, I've been in the position to restart my game and when I looked at my game and saw it, they're there and I'm have a :knockedou or :surprised: on my face! Then I remember the look on my face, I calm down, and I catch it or save right afterwards(for pokemon that you receive). Well, except for with Zapdos where I soft reset it...

:: Currently Hunting ::
FireRed :: Lapras
Ruby :: Latias
Sapphire :: Playing through
Emerald :: Completing Hoenn Dex
LeafGreen :: Bulbasaur
Colosseum :: Suicune
XD:GoD :: Lugia

Years
O yea i even do that to rare pokemon, i accidently run away instead of getting into my bag, total fluke!

Thanks, and it was a backgroud i had, i resised, cut, paste, and then added the innder glow in Adobe Photoshop CS, and edited it in PSP 9.

Ullion

Years
its torkaol lol
Well umm welcome back (i'm welcomign you back cuz i don't think i've seen you b4 lol) XD
Well gl on the shiny tork.
Wdell nuthin compltely new on my end, i'll keep ya'll up-to-date if i find neffin!

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
OMFG >.> once agian while sring for a shiny (ie my third kip) i run into the damn poochyena shiny and cant catch it :( lmao it sucks seeing a shiny and purposly turn the game boy off

Ullion

Years
lol its just a shame i havn't been inyour position. :P
And uhh shido, why don't you just breed for a shiny mudkip instead?
Anyways, i'm not playing tonight since i have to go to school early tomoro to get help for a write-up in math (i have no idea what to write down.) XD..well i might be able to play a wee bit, unlikely tho.
oh and gl all!

KS-Out

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
lol its just a shame i havn't been inyour position. :P
And uhh shido, why don't you just breed for a shiny mudkip instead?
Anyways, i'm not playing tonight since i have to go to school early tomoro to get help for a write-up in math (i have no idea what to write down.) XD..well i might be able to play a wee bit, unlikely tho.
oh and gl all!

KS-Out

well first off if i was too breed for a shiny i would do it in dp , so i can have the right move sets and stats for that game (almost every pokemon has new moves) .

second breeding takes a billion times longer in theory becuz of getting the egg and then hatching the egg then releasing the hatched pokemon if not shiny vs just seeing if its shiny and sring

if i breed for any shiny now tho it would simply be for a shiny thats rare and hard to come by such as chansey or chimecho something along those lines . for now im content with jsut collecting shinnies . when dp comes out ill breed shinnies ment for battle .

FYI for everyone whos hardcore traning and getting ready for dp , your pokemon are going to suck . the battle system and new moves in dp change the way u battle so drasticly that almost everyones level 100 pokemon have just become useless unless rebreed specificly for the dp way of battling .

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
FYI for everyone whos hardcore traning and getting ready for dp , your pokemon are going to suck . the battle system and new moves in dp change the way u battle so drasticly that almost everyones level 100 pokemon have just become useless unless rebreed specificly for the dp way of battling .
OMG are you freaking serious?! Good thing I only have one Pokemon above level 70! And good thing it was only my Blaziken. After I get Rayquaza I might just wait for D/P to come out so I can train it properly on there. Same goes for Scyther, although I would love to just quit the Scyther Hunt and breed for one that knows Reversal!

Scyther + High Base HP + Reversal + Losing a Battle = PWNAGE

Nothing to update. I have to study for a HUGE science test tomorrow so I'll only get maybe 100-200 Rayquaza resets.

<I>Kobra<I>

Last edited:

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
OMG are you freaking serious?! Good thing I only have one Pokemon above level 70! And good thing it was only my Blaziken. After I get Rayquaza I might just wait for D/P to come out so I can train it properly on there. Same goes for Scyther, although I would love to just quit the Scyther Hunt and breed for one that knows Revenge!

Scyther + High Base HP + Revenge + Losing a Battle = PWNAGE

Nothing to update. I have to study for a HUGE science test tomorrow so I'll only get maybe 100-200 Rayquaza resets.

<I>Kobra<I>

scyther cant learn revenge XD as for rayquaza i would say a modest nature evs in speed and sp att and learn meteoric storm for constant pwnage

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
well first off if i was too breed for a shiny i would do it in dp , so i can have the right move sets and stats for that game (almost every pokemon has new moves) .

second breeding takes a billion times longer in theory becuz of getting the egg and then hatching the egg then releasing the hatched pokemon if not shiny vs just seeing if its shiny and sring

if i breed for any shiny now tho it would simply be for a shiny thats rare and hard to come by such as chansey or chimecho something along those lines . for now im content with jsut collecting shinnies . when dp comes out ill breed shinnies ment for battle .

Not for every pokemon...

my shiny Rayquaza at level 100 as Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/Aerial Ace/Earthquake... will it suck? No, it'll do better because DClaw is coming off of its base 150 Atk stat.

My Blaziken with Sky Uppercut, Flamethrower, Thunderpunch, Rock Slide, will it suck? No, it'll be even better than it is now.

I'm a hardcore battler, not one of my pokemon will suffer THAT much from the physical/special change.

No luck with Latias.

Edit: NVM, my Charizard is scrwed.

Shido, breed for a shiny Absol.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Not for every pokemon...

my shiny Rayquaza at level 100 as Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/Aerial Ace/Earthquake... will it suck? No, it'll do better because DClaw is coming off of its base 150 Atk stat.

My Blaziken with Sky Uppercut, Flamethrower, Thunderpunch, Rock Slide, will it suck? No, it'll be even better than it is now.

I'm a hardcore battler, not one of my pokemon will suffer THAT much from the physical/special change.

No luck with Latias.

Edit: NVM, my Charizard is scrwed.

Shido, breed for a shiny Absol.

charizard now sucks and so do most pokemon . u lucked out wth rayquaza and well blaziken im going to pwn with flare dive . i got a max att blaziken waiting for transfer already XD as with absol im already ahead of ya . also on my list for next gen battling

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
Years
Well, for me it depends on if I was waiting for it or not. Ok, so here's an example: Pidgey from FR. I found that right after getting the Pokedex. I sort of went into a "shock" when I found it. However, when I found shiny Dunsparce, it was more of a "finally" and sigh feeling.

Ullion

Years
lol with my machoke,. i spazzed adn ran around my livivng room several times XD. For poochy, i was like: What?" Oh..crap, i don't wanna poochy" kinda thing -_- lol but i'm still haopy that i now ghave multiple shinis :D

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
Years
Hello all. Sorry for my lack of Posting. I had a very busy Weekend to say the least and the past few days have not been any easier. Lousy Mid-Term Elections... -_- Between just an all-around busy Schedule and playing Pokemon Ranger I barely got any Hunting in. I did Hunt some, but of course couldn't actually get a new Shiny. That's about it...

:: Currently Hunting ::
Emerald :: Growlithe{Breeding}
Emerald 2 :: Eevee{Breeding}
Fire Red :: Snorlax{SRing}
Leaf Green :: Bulbasaur{SRing}
Ruby :: Groudon{SRing}
Sapphire :: Kyogre{SRing}
Colosseum :: Quilava{SRing}
XD: Gale of Darkness :: Altaria{SRing}

Back