• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Snap X & Y?

BlockedHeart

Pokemon Master
Years
Hey Everyone! Before I begin, please note that this is only an idea that I had, nothing legit, and it probably won't happen, but based on what we know so far about Gen 6... Anything is possible. Anyways, I was thinking about how grand and flashy X & Y look compared to the older games, and how much better the Pokemon look in 3D. The art style instantly reminded me of a higher resolution version of the old N64 games... Which later brought me to Pokemon Snap. (My mind was all over the place with excitement.) Since Nintendo/Gamefreak has gone for this new FOV I guess you would call it, where it less top down and more behind our character, and everything looks really great in 3D, I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to get a Camera of some sort as a key item, or have it added to the PokeGear, CGear, etc. and be able to take picture of Pokemon when we encounter them in battle. I know it sounds out there. But the way the battle begins with a close up of your encounter, and the grass shifts to the side, (review the trailer.) or how all this dynamic camera and angle work is being used. Idk, this idea is stupid, but it sounded good before I started writing it... so, input please :D Do you think it's a possibility? Do you see how I'm making this connection? Do you know how awesome this would be? If they don't a Pokemon Snap 3D better be coming next year... or else.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Nah, Hal Laboratories has been focusing on the next Super Smash Bros for a Wii U and 3DS. So I highly doubt there would ever be another Pokémon Snap, and in fact... I think The Pokémon Company have already stated that they have no plans to make another Pokémon Snap. There's been so many people speculating about this, despite what The Pokémon Company have already said. xD

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Can someone explain to me what the big draw is for pokemon snap? I played it on the N 64 like everyone else, but I thought it was just ok.

I just don't see what is so exciting about simply taking pictures of pokemon... I guess throwing fruit at them was pretty funny, but other than that I don't get it.

You can't even explore, you are stuck in a little cart for the whole game.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah, I dont think we will ever get another game like Snap. It just wasn't that good, IMO and I think a better spinoff would be a game like Pokemon Stadium with all the Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I don't think they'll make another Pokemon Snap, it isn't that fun in my opinion. It was fun the first time around when I was a child but wouldn't appeal much to older kids. I'm just waiting patiently for Super Smash Bros Wii U and hope they aren't wasting their time on anymore SpinOffs!

Back