• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
Years
Ummmm, the A-Trainer program has a virus, is there a way i could get the program that doesn't have a virus?
It does NOT contain a virus. A-Trainer is packed with UPX and some AVs tend to mark everything that's packed with UPX as dangerous.
Here, I unpacked/uncompressed it for you.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
So A-Text is the exact same? Is there an uncompressed version of that too?

EvilTotodile

We're Evil
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2021
Hackmew made this when he was actually active that was... some time ago. I haven't seen him round here in a long time. Because he's gone, many of the links he put up are down or broken.

so does this mean i cant download XSE?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Hackmew, you are obviously the smartest and most helpful of us all on PC
YOUR TOOLS ARE THE BEST HACKING TOOLS

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Sigh... such a shame to finally have a look at this forum again, and see that HackMew has gone :( These tools are still the best though. For everyone having proglems with 'quote' Sh*t download links 'unquote', please use your brain and click the 'mirror link' button :) It has... well... a mirror link :)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
For everyone having proglems with 'quote' Sh*t download links 'unquote', please use your brain and click the 'mirror link' button :) It has... well... a mirror link :)

Please use your brain before accusing us of not using ours. Not every download has a mirror, and not every mirror works.

I'm having a strange problem with XSE. I have a working 1.0.0 version, but when I tried to Google version 1.1.1, one of two things happens. Either the download gives an error when trying to extract, or the program closes onesecond after it opens. Doesn't even give an error, it just quits. This could be due to the fact that none of the downloads I've tried haven't been from reliable sources. I honestly can't find any good links. Even the update option in XSE can't detect updates.

Does anyone have a similar problem or at least know where to get version 1.1.1? I just don't know what went wrong.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Please use your brain before accusing us of not using ours. Not every download has a mirror, and not every mirror works.

I'm having a strange problem with XSE. I have a working 1.0.0 version, but when I tried to Google version 1.1.1, one of two things happens. Either the download gives an error when trying to extract, or the program closes onesecond after it opens. Doesn't even give an error, it just quits. This could be due to the fact that none of the downloads I've tried haven't been from reliable sources. I honestly can't find any good links. Even the update option in XSE can't detect updates.

Does anyone have a similar problem or at least know where to get version 1.1.1? I just don't know what went wrong.

I don't know about 1.1.1, but I have attached a version of 1.1.0.1 that's been working for me. The updates don't work because hackmew's essentially dead, and his website is gone. If this doesn't work, what os are you using?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
For the people with XSE problems: somehow the most recent versions of XSE come /without/ a .ini file, which is essential for the program doing... well... anything. If you want a version that does have one, there are still quite a few download links around of older zips, that did come with the .ini. Or pm me, I guess, and I'll set you up with a link :)

Also, U_Flame, pardon the brain thing, it's just that the mirror's that I've had to use in this thread, which is most, did all work :) No offense intended, it was just a joke :p Any tool in particular that's down? I might have a dropbox link for ya, or else I might be able to point you to a place that does have it :)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
No hard feelings! ^_^

Strangely, I actually found a working 1.1.1 link here in one of the XSE tutorials in the Tutorials section. (Forgot which one, sorry)
I also found out that part of my problem was Advance Map version 1.95 adding two extra digits to the offset and messed it up. Don't know how or why, it can likely be fixed but I just took the lazy route and switched to verion 1.92. Everything works fine now.

chris burton

Super Nerd
Years
Sorry for joining in the 'why won't certain programs work' party, I know it's irritating... but I've searched high and low on and off for months since all the programmes developed that irritating subscript/update/what-have-you bug that won't let you load roms, and I can't find a copy of Advance Trainer with a useable/editable ini (or rather any ini at all) anywhere.

Literally anywhere. I only want to use these tools for minor editing of roms for personal enjoyment, I can't make head nor tail of XSE or script editing or really want to learn to, I just want a version of this tool I used to use extensively for fun to work as it once did, can anyone please, please direct me to a link for A-Trainer which has the ini file to correct/change? Endless google searches and even using the search function of this site have proved fruitless.

I also have that 0hrx Pokemon Game Editor but that doesn't have any suitable ini's for it either. I'm at my wit's end here.

onelifeleft

McLovin Waffles
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
Hi! I've found a way to fix the "subscript out of range" error message on XSE!

Okay, follow these instructions:

1) Disable your internet connection to stop XSE to look for updates.

2) Open XSE, you shouldn't see any error message now.

3) Alright, now that XSE is open, click "Help" on the top menu bar

4) You should see an option called "Live Update"

5) Click it, and then click "Automatically Check"

6) Auto-updates should now be disabled, and XSE will now work even with internet enabled!

dkp

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
They dont work on Mac, do you know any alternatives?
Do they work with Darwine?

They work under wine (stand alone, at least). I've run into some issues with a-trainer though. However, it's slow enough I recommend getting virtualbox and a copy of windows xp. See if you have an old copy of the xp install disk lying around somewhere.

virtualbox (google it) is free software (and a free download) maintained the same people who made java. In fact, Hackmew's scripting language in XSE is actually distantly related to javascript (and python and ruby and ada), but that's really neither here nor there.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Hi! I've found a way to fix the "subscript out of range" error message on XSE!

Okay, follow these instructions:

1) Disable your internet connection to stop XSE to look for updates.

2) Open XSE, you shouldn't see any error message now.

3) Alright, now that XSE is open, click "Help" on the top menu bar

4) You should see an option called "Live Update"

5) Click it, and then click "Automatically Check"

6) Auto-updates should now be disabled, and XSE will now work even with internet enabled!
My scripts still won't compile. I click on the compile button with internet off, autoupdatecheck at 0, this route you mentioned, and still it brings up the little log box and says error 9 subscript out of range. Any ideas?

Back