• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What in-game trade annoyed you the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Personally, I found that the Snowpoint City trade in D/P/Pt was the most annoying. When I saw what the trainer was offering, I thought that I would be getting a Gengar, and then it turns out that Haunter was holding an Everstone.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I immediately thought of that Haunter when I saw this thread, haha. So yes, my vote is going right to that one. Another annoying one is in RS (I think it was changed in Emerald though?) when you trade Bellossom for Corsola. Corsola can be fished for and aren't that uncommon whereas Bellossom is a better Pokemon and there's only one easy to obtain Sun Stone. And if you're playing Sapphire, then you don't get to steal them from wild Solrock. So that especially makes it bad.

Years
Definitely the trade involving a Medicham for Haunter in D/P/Pt. That Everstone the Haunter is holding would make those wanting to get a Gengar out of the trade disappointed.

Also, the Mantine for Tangrowth in Black 2/White 2 was a bit redundant since you can just catch a Tangela and evolve it yourself, and getting Mantine is hard since you need Remoraid in your party to evolve Mantyke and Remoraid are very rare.

Years
I'm sure that we'll be seeing a lot of the Medicham for Haunter trade, based on the expectations of getting a Gengar going into the trade.

While there aren't really any others that bothered me in the same way, I always hated it when a Pokemon had a strange nickname, especially when I planned on using it in my party (Paul the Xatu, Marc the Lickitung, Minipete the Emolga, etc.).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I used to think that a trade - evolution Pokémon will evolve by a level up when it is away from the OT. Thus I thought that the Onix which we get for a Bellsprout in G/S/C(?) is awesome. Turns out I was wrong since I increased five levels after equipping a Metal Coat and no Onix lol.

But probably the Makuhita for a Slakoth was taxing. I mean, we all know how hard it is to find a Slakoth, right? And the nerve!

Hmm personally the Haunter was a real well-thought-of trick but I didn't fall for it (lucky me) because I knew something was fishy lol.

Years
I can't remember any trades outside of FR/LG so unfortunately this is a limited response from me.

Admittedly, that Haunter trade sounds like the worst though.

It's odd that this thread should come up because I was playing Fire Red earlier and just thought 'Raichu for Electrode? Yeah right like anyone would agree to that'. I'd have to say the worst from that game is Farfetch'd though, it's the only way we can get Farfetch'd before completing the main game and it has a horrible nickname.

Guest123_x1

One of the most annoying in-game trades I can think of is trading a Tangela for Parasect in Yellow—Tangela are only found in the Safari Zone, and thus extremely hard to find and catch in that version.

Years
The Bellsprout/Onix trade in Violet City. It was a perfect opportunity to make players aware of item trade evolutions in GCS, but instead we get an Onix with a Bitter Berry~_~

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
The only in-game trade I did was for a Jynx in Firered. Her nickname was ZYNX in all caps. It annoyed the hell out of me that I couldn't change it.

Years
Personally, I found that the Snowpoint City trade in D/P/Pt was the most annoying. When I saw what the trainer was offering, I thought that I would be getting a Gengar, and then it turns out that Haunter was holding an Everstone.

Oh God seriously? Thanks for telling that, because I was so hyped to get Gengar. At least I won't be disappointed. As much I've played this game, I really didn't know about that trainer, because I just didn't talk to him.

Also - Magikarp for 500$?

Years
Im agree with the most. Medicham for Haunter.

When I see the offer i remember i did catch the medicham just for the trade and when they realized ...... haunter no evolve.

I really don't understad why developers of the game make a cruel joke like that.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Personally, I think the most annoying trade (aside from the ones already mentioned) was the girl who would give you a Dodrio for a girl Dragonair. Not only are Dragonair hard to find in the wild (and even harder to find in the remake), but the girl's asking you to give up Pokémon that could potentially one shot the last Gym for a comparatively mediocre one that can be found after you beat Johto. Just, ugh!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2022
Indeed the medichan for the haunter! But thank goodness I had a second ds, so I took the everstone out, traded it with my second account, and traded right back.

Years
Mindy's Haunter in DPPt is a testament to older Pokémon games being awkward and difficult "just because". God forbid they give you one of many, many trade-evolution exclusive Pokémon without having to find someone IRL to trade with.

That's definitely the worst they've ever done, but I also dislike when it's a trade for Pokémon that are easily obtainable in the game. All of Hoenn's in-game trades are pretty pointless, for example.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Aside from the Haunter with Everstone in Snowpoint City, Gen 3 has some big offenders. In Pokemon Emerald, a guy in Rustboro City wants a Ralts and offers a Seedot in return. Ralts is harder to find and much more useful. Also a guy in Pacifidlog Town who asks for a Bagon and offers a Horsea in return. You need to beat the 8th Gym to be able to obtain Bagon to begin with, while Horsea can be obtained before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back