• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Harvest Moon Tool Kit (HMTK)

Years
Ohh, in HMDS, on the town plots, random items such as sticks, stones, wild grasses, grapes, and mushrooms appeared on them...They were farmable plots like on the main map for the farm :) Oh! I can gather up some HMDS face sprites if you'd like.

Here's the marriageable characters from HMDS...I had most of them already since I was ripping them for another project, but didn't finish them...

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z203/Billy--/?action=view&current=Marriagable.png

Last edited:

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Gonna check this out. I have minimal knowledge of Harvest Moon but in base concept it reminds me of Animal Crossing.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Thanks for that Billy--, that should help out for now. And I see what you mean about making the items spawn now. The current scripts will spawn things on only one specific tile (the one you can till), so it should be really simple actually to change it to spawn things on other maps with that same tile as well. Which makes me think I probably need to add multiple selectable farms to the kit, and only setup the house on the one you pick. I may also remove the barn and coop, and make them purchasable and positionable on the map. I'll probably work on that at the same time as the house decorating system (since the algorithm is pretty much identical). I was also planning on adapting that system for Essentials as well (for secret bases).

@IceGod64: I guess you could say it's like Animal Crossing. They're both non-violent games that are more or less about everyday life. There are some common features between them too (in some HMs you can change clothes like in Animal Cross, both have fishing, and you interact and build relationships with the townspeople in both, as well as some other things probably). I added a general overview of what Harvest Moon is to the main post for everyone who doesn't know what Harvest Moon is.

Also, I will be working full time starting next week, so updates will be slowed a bit further. I'll still be checking in periodically and working on the kit though. The next release will be enormous if I finish the to do list I have for it.

Years
Thanks for that Billy--, that should help out for now. And I see what you mean about making the items spawn now. The current scripts will spawn things on only one specific tile (the one you can till), so it should be really simple actually to change it to spawn things on other maps with that same tile as well. Which makes me think I probably need to add multiple selectable farms to the kit, and only setup the house on the one you pick. I may also remove the barn and coop, and make them purchasable and positionable on the map. I'll probably work on that at the same time as the house decorating system (since the algorithm is pretty much identical). I was also planning on adapting that system for Essentials as well (for secret bases).

@IceGod64: I guess you could say it's like Animal Crossing. They're both non-violent games that are more or less about everyday life. There are some common features between them too (in some HMs you can change clothes like in Animal Cross, both have fishing, and you interact and build relationships with the townspeople in both, as well as some other things probably). I added a general overview of what Harvest Moon is to the main post for everyone who doesn't know what Harvest Moon is.

Also, I will be working full time starting next week, so updates will be slowed a bit further. I'll still be checking in periodically and working on the kit though. The next release will be enormous if I finish the to do list I have for it.

For the House Decorating part...If there is ever an option to get married in this, wouldn't you have to be careful where to place stuff since the husband/wife/kid needs room to walk around in the house? It's something that popped in my head. It would be pretty awesome if you could buy multiple barns, chicken coops, and some other buildings, like in HMDS, and put them anywhere on the farm!

Here's a small sneak peak of one of my maps :P It took hours to do, but I made the one part of the Valley from HMDS...Notice the mountain area, it looks very choppy and such, it needs to be worked on :)

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z203/Billy--/?action=view&current=HMFarm.png

Last edited:

4rcanine

5-Time Champion
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
This looks amazing. ;n; I've been trying to make my own Pokémon Harvest Moon spin-off (seem's I'm not the only one,) and this will make things so much easier. I would definitely love to use this starter kit once you've gotten tons of the bugs out, or perhaps I might wait to see if you decide to implement some of which you planned. c:
Good work, I'm really excited to see this done. I'll probably be checking in a couple times a month.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
This looks amazing. ;n; I've been trying to make my own Pokémon Harvest Moon spin-off (seem's I'm not the only one,) and this will make things so much easier. I would definitely love to use this starter kit once you've gotten tons of the bugs out, or perhaps I might wait to see if you decide to implement some of which you planned. c:
Good work, I'm really excited to see this done. I'll probably be checking in a couple times a month.
Glad to hear it. The more users of this kit the better. Hopefully in a couple months I'll have things patched up and more or less complete.

A quick update for everyone with regards to the kit: I did start working and so I have very little free time now. Development will have to be more or less restricted to weekends when I'm off, but I have still made some progress on the kit and plan to continue with it until it hopefully gets finished. Also, for the sake of getting things done, I probably won't be updating the graphical style unless someone can compile a complete set of resources in a format that RMXP can work with (i.e. arranging tilesets and charsets properly). Ripping and arranging resources takes a lot of time that would be better used on development of systems, so unless I can just plug it in and it works, I probably won't be changing any graphics aside from ones I have to mess with to implement different features.

Years
  • Age 30
  • U.S.
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
I have a weird question about this AMAZING tool kit. Can it be added to other kits? Like Pokemon Essentials? My friends and I are working on a game that mixes Pokemon and Harvest Moon. This kit would be fantastic to add, but I'm not sure how one would do that. If you could give any tips or suggestions that would be amazing!
We don't plan to share this with anyone but our close friends, however if we can use this kit I'll be adding a credits-in-title screen and within the end credits :)

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
I have a weird question about this AMAZING tool kit. Can it be added to other kits? Like Pokemon Essentials? My friends and I are working on a game that mixes Pokemon and Harvest Moon. This kit would be fantastic to add, but I'm not sure how one would do that. If you could give any tips or suggestions that would be amazing!
We don't plan to share this with anyone but our close friends, however if we can use this kit I'll be adding a credits-in-title screen and within the end credits :)
It should be possible to add it to Essentials. In fact, thinking about it previously I figured that it would probably just need some small edits to be compatible with the way Essentials sets up the player, and the slight change in naming conventions for stuff regarding the tilemap (that would probably only require a line or two of code to fix though). I may look into it eventually. Aside from those two things, it should otherwise work fine, since the scripts were created to be independent and can more or less just be copied from HMTK to wherever (though other custom scripts might conflict with it). I may see about working on that hopefully soon. Haven't had time to do any development for weeks because of my job.

romhunter

The Bringer of Light
Years
I know this have been around for a few months, but can you make something which was in a lot of harvest moon but not yet in here? It's the stone ( Kappa stone, Goddess stone... ). Hope that you're still here

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
I know this have been around for a few months, but can you make something which was in a lot of harvest moon but not yet in here? It's the stone ( Kappa stone, Goddess stone... ). Hope that you're still here
I will certainly consider it. I haven't been around here for quite some time (basically not much since my last post in this thread, nearly 7 months ago. Nice necropost btw), and still don't quite have the free time to get back into the swing of things, but if and when I can I would still like to finish this, frills and all.

I'll be finishing my Master's degree program in about 3-4 weeks, so we'll see what happens then and where my motivation levels are. Maybe I'll even add some support for Pokemon Essentials. I probably won't be moving this to Ace any time in the near future, unless I somehow get the urge to purchase it (or there's a trial version and I can work fast enough to make the conversion before it runs out).

Perhaps I (or some other kind soul) need to compile a complete list of what hasn't been implemented yet. Also, anyone is free to contribute code to this project if they would like. I realize that many here don't have much programming expertise, so I won't hold my breathe, but I figured I would just re-iterate that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
This looks great! Do you have any screenshots of your progress, because I don't see any. Then I might download it.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
This looks great! Do you have any screenshots of your progress, because I don't see any. Then I might download it.
I don't have any screenshots just yet, but I'll see about getting some up here soon. Funny enough, plenty of games around have in the past spent too much time on screenshots and videos, and not enough time on development. My problem was quite the opposite, as I have yet to do much documenting of the neat stuff this kit can do. There's quite a bit to it, but some of it is kind of hidden in the code. Maybe I'll get the time to write up some quick and dirty documentation on some of these things so that people know what they can actually do with it so far.

Good suggestion though. I had completely forgotten about doing that.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I don't have any screenshots just yet, but I'll see about getting some up here soon. Funny enough, plenty of games around have in the past spent too much time on screenshots and videos, and not enough time on development. My problem was quite the opposite, as I have yet to do much documenting of the neat stuff this kit can do. There's quite a bit to it, but some of it is kind of hidden in the code. Maybe I'll get the time to write up some quick and dirty documentation on some of these things so that people know what they can actually do with it so far.

Good suggestion though. I had completely forgotten about doing that.

I love this compeltely, can't wait to see your new progress, and/or a new release in the future.

Keep up the good work.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Can I take screenshot for you? I want in. I can't write script so this is atleast I can do
Fear not, screenshots are on the way. I started taking them but then started fixing things halfway through so that the screenshots would be more presentable. Depending on how things go, another release might be out in a couple weeks or so (although I also have the final project for my capstone class due during that time, so we'll see). There's already been a number of improvements since the last release, but there's a few major things I want to complete before the next one.

romhunter

The Bringer of Light
Years
Can you rewrite the script to use with rpg maker vx ace? I have it but I don't know to write script ( damn Ruby. Why do you so hard)

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Can you rewrite the script to use with rpg maker vx ace? I have it but I don't know to write script ( damn Ruby. Why do you so hard)
I've considered it, however if I do it won't be until after it's finished in RMXP. I don't have Ace, and have no current plans to buy it, so I would basically be converting the project during the free trial and hoping it was finished in time. I don't imagine Ace being too much different from XP on the back end, but we'll see.

Screenshots should be up tonight if I finish the changes I've been making to the custom message system.

Back