• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advance Map Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasticPokeball

Another Beginner Hacker
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2008
Umm..okay, I need to know a couple things.

1. How do you change where a map goes? For example, when you leave Pallet Town you go to Route 1, but how is this done? Can I change it so that a player can go from Pallet Town to somewhere like Celadon City? Warp?
2. How do you add more people/warps/signs to a map. In Pallet Town there are three people. How can I change that to six people, for example? Or 7 warps if only 3 are given?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Umm..okay, I need to know a couple things.

1. How do you change where a map goes? For example, when you leave Pallet Town you go to Route 1, but how is this done? Can I change it so that a player can go from Pallet Town to somewhere like Celadon City? Warp?
2. How do you add more people/warps/signs to a map. In Pallet Town there are three people. How can I change that to six people, for example? Or 7 warps if only 3 are given?

1. just make another warp, and fill in the map + bank.

2. go to events view, and select a person (or anything)
look on the right and on the bottom, it should say the numbers of what you have (person, script, etc...)
Change or lower the number to change it.

PlasticPokeball

Another Beginner Hacker
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2008
2. go to events view, and select a person (or anything)
look on the right and on the bottom, it should say the numbers of what you have (person, script, etc...)
Change or lower the number to change it.

Yeah, I thought so, but I tried that. Every time I would change it, it would show a pop-up asking me for some kind of offset, and several offsets would be listed. I picked a few different ones and every time nothing would happen. Any advice on this?

Another thing. I think this is a real easy one, but because I'm already asking you, how do add maps? I know there's an insert map button. Do I make one, save it, open the ROM and import it back into the ROM so there's two?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Yeah, I thought so, but I tried that. Every time I would change it, it would show a pop-up asking me for some kind of offset, and several offsets would be listed. I picked a few different ones and every time nothing would happen. Any advice on this?

Another thing. I think this is a real easy one, but because I'm already asking you, how do add maps? I know there's an insert map button. Do I make one, save it, open the ROM and import it back into the ROM so there's two?

Thanks for the help.

when that thing pops up, double click the first one, and then press ok (or whatever it says)

Then, go to the top left corner.
It should be there.

(if you don't see it, set it to no-show sprites.)

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2017
How do I alter battles? I'm hacking Ruby and I want to replace Groudon with Heatran.

the almighty Zel fan

<-- I drew these guys in paint
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
I get what you mean, but every time I try to edit a pokemon, the original colors replace it XP!Like, lets say I'm editing PROF. OAK... if I select blue, the blue turns to purple when I put it on him.(cause of his purple shirt.)and umm....... I can't figure out how to edit scripts(the green S) in advance map.Like, lets say I wanted to make your rival battle you after you exit fuchsia city.(after beating the gym leader).so pliz tell me how!!!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I get what you mean, but every time I try to edit a pokemon, the original colors replace it XP!Like, lets say I'm editing PROF. OAK... if I select blue, the blue turns to purple when I put it on him.(cause of his purple shirt.)and umm....... I can't figure out how to edit scripts(the green S) in advance map.Like, lets say I wanted to make your rival battle you after you exit fuchsia city.(after beating the gym leader).so pliz tell me how!!!

I can not answer how since this is an advance map tutorial.
There are many other tutorials that cover these questions.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2017
Me again, I'm hacking Fire Red and everytime I try to change the connections for Pallet Town this comes up:
I/O error 131.
Help anyone?

DeadlySplash

TTL 1337 PR0 d00d
Years
Me again, I'm hacking Fire Red and everytime I try to change the connections for Pallet Town this comes up:
I/O error 131.
Help anyone?

I don't have that problem, I'm using the Japanese version tho'.
What language are you using? Maybe you should try other versions, AdvanceMap might not support some.
(because the hex will probably all be moved, with some words being longer in different languages and stuff)

akash

Pikachu is the best.
Years
Hi.

Hey do we need a script to add a warp. Well, I put a house in my map n made another map for the house, then I put the warp and put the numbers i.e. map, bank etc. But then when I enter the house then the screen becomes black and nothing happens. Plz help. Another prob.. I downloaded a-map and i loaded pkmn ruby rom in it. Then when i loaded the pkmn Fire red rom all the towns and maps stayed just like it was in ruby. I closed a-map and loaded FR rom again but still i have the same prob.. Plz help. Thanks in advance.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Akash you do not need a script to make a warp work.
Itman234 you forgot stuff like 3c 8 and a couple of others.
8 means a different height while 3C means you can cross under and over it like a wood bridge on R/S/E.
And noobs stop abusing itman234 for simple things like what does "0" mean and how do you edit tiles?

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2009
I can not load the rom to hack it i need help please.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Last edited:

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
does anybody know where I can find something like this for a mac OS X?
I believe that there currently isn't one for a mac. Virtual Chatot is working on one called Imap.

I can not load the rom to hack it i need help please.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Please be more specific.

Years
In the new version of AdvanceMap how do you add extra flight positions for example I want to fly to Seafoam Island How do I do It, also I don't want to edit of delete any other flight positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back