• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intelligence

Years
I'm pretty book smart. I went to college, studied English and history, got a degree, and I read a lot. I was certainly more book smart while I was still in school though It kind of leaves you unless you keep it up.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
School wise. i'm pretty bad. The only thing I'm really good at is History, geography, english and P.E. The rest I'm horrible. My knowledge outside of school is pretty good tho.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I do pretty well in school, but I don't consider myself all that book smart. I tend to study a lot, which is the smart thing to do, but I guess it kinda seems like I'm less smart than those who don't study yet still get straight A's.

Years
I'd say (especially throughout school) I'd consider myself pretty book smart. I basically coasted through school with minimal effort, yet graduated with honors. However, I think there is a difference between being intelligent and being smart. Using myself as an example, I consider myself intelligent to a degree, yet I've done some dumb things and made decisions that didn't make me look smart at all.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Yes, I'm book smart. I easily memorize facts and important figures especially about science. The only thing I have trouble with is calculus and philosophy of man.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I think I pretty book smart. I'm the highest academic scorer out of my college for 2009, 2011 and 2012! I work hard though to maintain my work standard. Someone can be smart, but if they don't put in the dedication and effort success needs, they won't achieve anything. Diligence, Discipline, Determination.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I get decent grades in school, and I'm pretty smart, as an eleven year old.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Intelligence isn't 'book smarts', it's a capacity for learning.
I am thusly intelligent, but not exceptionally so.

Last edited:

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I'm book smart, I guess: I have a 1st Class Honors Degree, and (so the preliminary marks tell me, and my experience with my University tells me preliminary marks are final marks) a Postgraduate with Merit, and I always performed well in School/College - I was very competitive - so I guess that makes me intelligent in that regard.

Although I've never really thought of myself as intelligent because of my achievements: I lack life experience, for one, and there are plenty of things I don't have even a basic understanding of. I have a high capacity for learning, but applying that knowledge is something else entirely...

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I'm not bragging but I am really damn smart. I pick up most topics like magic, like as if I'm some sort of academic sponge. And I also learn how to do things on the spot real fast too, so it isn't just book smarts. My IQ's pretty high so.

I can't learn how to speak a foreign language worth **** though. I actually was delayed when it came to speaking English though, so it's no surprise.

I spend a lot of my time doing freelance research and thinking about ideas in physics and biology so I'm pretty much what you'd consider a nerd.

I'm really lazy though. So my grades are lower than what they should be. They're still really good though.

Years
I did very well in school. I learn things out of books well, especially when in the classroom. Tests and most assignments were a breeze. I got nearly straight As in high school and got an assortment of As and Bs when I was in college. If I had actually applied myself more I probably could've aced everything.

Took a test last Monday for work, and I was honestly amazed at how well I did on the test after being out of school 4 years.

So I got the book smarts down.

Street smarts? Weeeeeeell in that respect I am stupid. So I wouldn't call myself intelligent. Just good at school. >___>;

Sir Codin

Sure, I'm 3.0 in college and my last I.Q. test placed me at more than 120 (one unofficial one gave me 131), but that doesn't mean anything, at least not to me. I feel as though everyone around me is smarter than I am, so I think those tests and my GPA are inaccurate.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't consider myself to be particularly smart in general. I've done relatively well with school, though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
People say I'm pretty smart, but I don't think I am. Sounds a bit pessimistic but that's kinda how I feel. Sure, I get pretty good grades in school, but I have my ways on how to pass the classes. xD

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I think I'm pretty smart, I like school except for when it cuts into my time at home, I'm a little lazy xD However, I used to not get good grades so I'm trying harder now since I know I'm smarter than what I put out at school xD

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I don't ever think about if I'm intelligent or not. I know a lot of things (random stuff) and friends tell me that I'm very smart but I don't have any idea if I'm, say, someone with a very high IQ or even an average one.

As for being book smart I have a 3.1 GPA with only one semester of high school left. I consider anyone with a GPA over 3 to be book smart.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I'm not sure, I would say I was split 50/50 on this. Some things I'm smart at, other things I'm not. I got a majority of C's in my grades, and never got any higher than a C. got 2 D's and 2 E's also.

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
I'm a nerd. NERD. NEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRREDDDDDDDDDD!!! And proud! Since being stupid is dumb! :)

Back