• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your First Shiny

Lesqx

eRepublik Player
Years
First shiny pokemon... hmmm.. Aron or swablu (but my think first is swablu). We play pokemon emerald (with a friend) see this and we say "wtf?! what is this?! Looks interesing! Lesqx, you must catch this!" {XD}

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
A shiny Sneasel in Icefall Cave. Unfortunately all my pokemon were at like, level 50-60, so I couldn't weaken it. I eventually ran out of PokeBalls trying to catch it, so I had to KO it :'(

It still haunts me to this day.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
A Shiny Zubat in the Cave of Origin on Pokemon Ruby. Didn't know what a shiny Pokemon was, but I knew it was different and I wanted to catch it, but didn't come prepared and had to run away.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Ha same here. Out of all the Pokemon, why a Spinda? The only reason I was even in the area was to get some ash to make the flutes. I want a shiny Aron so bad though, and this was in my Sapphire? hey have you heard or encountered the time glitch in ruby and sapphire?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I don't remember what my first shiny encounter was, but I know the first shiny I ever caught was a Grimer in the Fiery Path in Emerald. I still have it both on Emerald and on my SoulSilver. Ah, memories. :')

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
My first 3rd gen shiny was Spinda. Not exactly a stellar Pokémon, but it was cute, and I was excited to find one. I think I found it while EV training special attack or something. I don't think I've ever done anything with it, but I can picture it sitting in my box (I think I stuck it next to my regular Spinda so I could quickly flip back and forth and compare the colors of the two).

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2014
My Shiny Chinchou Story Pokemon Ruby

Hello

I'm sorry for my last thread, why I hate rhydon. it was in the right forum but I thought it was in the wrong forum so I cut n pasted it to the wrong forum and then it was moved to the right forum and then there was 2 titles.

But anyway Ruby was my first game, sometimes I look back on so many memories I had on that game. My overleveled Blaziken that could sweep any NPC in 1 hit and my severly underleveled rest of my team. Me not being able to defeat the elite 4 because of PP (It was actully to do with having only 2 Pokemon a Blaziken and a Groudon) Yeah I was so noobish I could even defeat the elite 4 with Groundon {XD} :pink_giggle:

Anyway when I'm scrolling through my memories one particular event comes to mind, the shiny Chinchou. Well I was doing the Deep Sea Tooth, Deep Sea Scale sidequest and thought I would try and catch some Pokemon on the way. I caught a Clamperl and 1 standard Chinchou and then....

I found a shiny Chinchou I was over the moon, I weakend it and went to my Pokeballs pocket and Id run out of Pokeballs >:(

Share some of your storys on this thread, I would love to hear them

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
I don't really have many shiny stories, because the only shiny I have ever found was a Nincada in Emerald, but my condolences to you, man. Sucks to lose a shiny :( :(

Years
I think Pidgeotto was the first shiny Pokemon I ever caught, which was in FireRed. When I looked at its movepool after catching it and seeing Whirlwind, I realized I dodged a bullet.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
I was lucky enough to find a shiny Golbat in Shoal Cave in Sapphire. Evolved it into a Crobat, and shiny Crobat is now Lv.100 and stored in Pokemon Diamond.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
250px-058Growlithe.png

Growthile. Generally Growlithe is a quadruped, canine Pokémon. It has orange fur with black stripes along its back and legs. The fur on its muzzle, chest, belly, and tail is cream-colored, and there is an additional tuft of cream-colored fur on top of its head. Growlithe's coat is noticeably longer on its chest and tail. It has gray eyes, a black nose, and large, round ears. Its forepaws have two visible claws, while its hind paws have three toes each. Each paw has a brown pad.
Growlithe is a friendly and loyal Pokémon that will fearlessly defend its Trainer and its territory from harm. It drives threats away fiercely barking at or biting them, and even challenges larger, stronger enemies. Growlithe also has a powerful olfactory sense. It is able to smell the emotions of others, and never forgets a scent once smelled. However, strong, unpleasant smells can disable its sense of smell for short periods, as seen in the anime. Growlithe lives in grassy plains and near human settlements.But shiny Growthile are little different. The differences between a normal and a shiny Growthile is only the shinyness. Shiny sprite of Growthile looks great. One day i was searching for Vulpix in FireRed. I was searching too much suddenly i encountered a Shiny Growthile. I used my Charizard and reached growthile's HP to yellow then used a greatball but it flee easily tried again then it got caught. Well i level it up and maybe make it level 39. but it hasn't evolved yet. And i also didn't use it in League though.

250px-Officer_Jenny_Growlithe.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
My first was a Tentacool (after I got my Tentacruel to 100 -,-)

Second was Geodude

Third was Caterpie (which is now a level 87 Butterfree :D)

I only play Leaf Green btw

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Believe it or not, years ago on my Fire Red, I encountered TWO SHINIES IN A ROW. One just north of Vermilion City and then one on the route east of Vermilion. It was a Pidgey and a Drowsee!
I never cheated EVER. I was like, OMG, no way! No way! The chances of that happening. I bet nobody will believe me. Wahhh!

mayuyu

Fairy Queen
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
a Gulpin in Sapphire
it was after beating the rival on the route on the way to Mauville and this majestic beauty popped up:
gulpin.png

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
My first 3rd gen shiny was torchic.Promise I NEVER CHEATED!.Im using a cartridge and didnt know how to use cheats.At first I thought it was a glitch and called it "sprite glitch" {XD}.I was around 7 yrs. old during that time so don't call me a noob >_< .

Outlier

If I recall correctly it was Whismur. But even though I had been playing since Red & Blue I didn't know about shinies at the time. I just remember thinking it was odd that this random Whismur I encountered in the wild sparkled as soon as the battle started.

Back