• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Down Under: Ground-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Preferred username: Cirno
Partner Pokémon:
231.gif

Favorite Ground-type Pokémon?
Phanpy! His adorableness was too hard to resist in the anime. I fell in love with the little guy even more when I saw his animated sprite in the fifth generation.. too cute. :) Donphan is pretty great as well! Its line really helped me out a lot in the G/S/C days, though it took forever to find one that wouldn't flee before I could catch it, haha.

Which Ground-type has the best design?
Personally for me, Excadrill. Who doesn't think a mole with razor-sharp blades for arms is cool? Though I was pretty surprised to see how small it was, I'll admit.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Cirno
Partner Pokémon:
231.gif

Favorite Ground-type Pokémon?
Phanpy! His adorableness was too hard to resist in the anime. I fell in love with the little guy even more when I saw his animated sprite in the fifth generation.. too cute. :) Donphan is pretty great as well! Its line really helped me out a lot in the G/S/C days, though it took forever to find one that wouldn't flee before I could catch it, haha.

Which Ground-type has the best design?
Personally for me, Excadrill. Who doesn't think a mole with razor-sharp blades for arms is cool? Though I was pretty surprised to see how small it was, I'll admit.

Welcome to the club. Phanpy is a cutie. I remember how hard it was to find one in the generation II games, but I think I did capture one. Excadrill is awesome too, love him in the anime.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
New topic is up. Let's get shakin'. I will go ahead and answer it myself.

Only 2 types have not been paired with Ground: Fighting and Fairy. I'd like to see a Ground/Fighting combo, but not sure exactly what animal or so it would be. Any ideas?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Preferred username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Garchomp.

I'd like to see a Ground/Fighting combo, but not sure exactly what animal or so it would be. Any ideas?
If they were to introduce a ground/fighting Pokémon at some point in the future, then I would imagine it to look much Gliscor, but only without the wings. Gliscor is based off mecoptera apparently, which is a type of scorpion. Maybe this Pokémon could be based on a different kind of scorpion? o:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Garchomp.

I'd like to see a Ground/Fighting combo, but not sure exactly what animal or so it would be. Any ideas?
If they were to introduce a ground/fighting Pokémon at some point in the future, then I would imagine it to look much Gliscor, but only without the wings. Gliscor is based off mecoptera apparently, which is a type of scorpion. Maybe this Pokémon could be based on a different kind of scorpion? o:

Welcome to the club. Garchomp is an excellent choice in a partner, one of the most powerful non-legendary Pokemon, Ground or Dragon. I find its Mega form to be silly-looking, so I usually stick to its original form. It was scary how Axew battled Garchomp in the anime and barely made a scratch on it. Perhaps a scorpion, or some other ground/desert animal that I haven't thought of.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Here are all 3 of my Ground teams

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Preferred username TwerkingDiglett
Partner Pokémon Mah homie Dugtrio
Pick a 6-Pokémon Ground-type team
Diglett
Diglett
Diglett
Dugtrio
Dugtrio
Dugtrio
#TWERKTEAM
Why do you like Ground type: Cause im a Diglett. That can twerk. How can I not like myself?
Favorite Ground type move: Earthquake. MAKE DAT ASS CLAP!
Favorite ground type pokemon: Diglett. cause we got dat ass doe

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username TwerkingDiglett
Partner Pokémon Mah homie Dugtrio
Pick a 6-Pokémon Ground-type team
Diglett
Diglett
Diglett
Dugtrio
Dugtrio
Dugtrio
#TWERKTEAM
Why do you like Ground type: Cause im a Diglett. That can twerk. How can I not like myself?
Favorite Ground type move: Earthquake. MAKE DAT ASS CLAP!
Favorite ground type pokemon: Diglett. cause we got dat ass doe

I'm speechless...but welcome to the club.

Years
/pops in! It's about time to get this baby moving again, like you said.

I can actually see a ground and fighting golem-like Pokemon and that was the first to come into my head for some reason. Something like Golurk but with rock-hard boxing gloves (probably sounds more ridiculous than I'm imagining though, haha).

Ground/fairy is something I can totally see though! An earth fairy/pixie would be quite adorable and I can foresee it becoming a small legend or the sort for a generation.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
/pops in! It's about time to get this baby moving again, like you said.

I can actually see a ground and fighting golem-like Pokemon and that was the first to come into my head for some reason. Something like Golurk but with rock-hard boxing gloves (probably sounds more ridiculous than I'm imagining though, haha).

Ground/fairy is something I can totally see though! An earth fairy/pixie would be quite adorable and I can foresee it becoming a small legend or the sort for a generation.

Ground/Fighting sounds awesome. It would resist quite a few types and be a powerhouse for sure. Maybe even have a dual-typed move, kind of like how Hawlucha's Flying Press is both Fighting and Flying. Ground/Fairy. Hmmm, that would knock off all 3 of its weaknesses (Fire, Poison and Steel).

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

For some reason, everytime I hear the words ground/fighting, my mind automatically thinks of Chesnaught. Maybe it's the mole-like appearance that Quilladin had? Plus it's secondary type is already fighting so just a thought. If it were a completely new pokemon then I'd imagine it to be some buff and tough-looking pokemon. Perhaps a tyrannosaurus rex? They lived on land and frequently got into scuffles with other dinosaurs. I'm not sure what else would fit this category though- other than Bruce Lee with fists that could cause earthquakes.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Which Ground-type is the best to use offensively?
Definitely Garchomp. Just maximize its Attack and Speed stats, give it a Choice Band or Life Orb, and it'd be all set for sweeping! Golurk's pretty good, too. Thanks to No Guard, it could destroy almost your opponent's entire team by using DynamicPunch. d:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
New Member Application

Username: Superstrength79
Partner Pokemon: Sandslash
Ground Team:

260.gif
344.gif
028.gif
323.gif
330.gif
383.gif

I beat Ruby Elite Four with this team on my second Pokemon League run. No clue what moves I had on them, but I likely gave them held items based on their non-Ground typing. Swampert - Mystic Water, Claydol - Twisted Spoon, Sandslash - Quick Claw or Shell Bell, Camerupt - Charcoal, Flygon - Dragon Claw/Fang (or w/e it was called then), Groudon - Miracle Seed

Current Topic: Best Ground Pokemon to use offensively
zygarde.png

Zygarde gets Dragon Dance, STAB Earthquake, Camouflage (if it needs to dodge Ice attacks) and Extreme Speed to go with it. Love me some Sandslash (see profile pic), but I have to tip my hat to this new Ground-type legendary Pokemon. :)

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Which Ground-type is the best to use offensively?
Definitely Garchomp. Just maximize its Attack and Speed stats, give it a Choice Band or Life Orb, and it'd be all set for sweeping! Golurk's pretty good, too. Thanks to No Guard, it could destroy almost your opponent's entire team by using DynamicPunch. d:

Garchomp's a pain to take down with the right move set. I hate it when I'm using an Electric-type and the opponent switches out to a Garchomp, which a lot of people seem to have these days. I've used Golurk equipped with No Guard ability and a bunch of the powerful punch moves like DynamicPunch. Wiped out half a team that way.

New Member Application

Username: Superstrength79
Partner Pokemon: Sandslash
Ground Team:

260.gif
344.gif
028.gif
323.gif
330.gif
383.gif

I beat Ruby Elite Four with this team on my second Pokemon League run. No clue what moves I had on them, but I likely gave them held items based on their non-Ground typing. Swampert - Mystic Water, Claydol - Twisted Spoon, Sandslash - Quick Claw or Shell Bell, Camerupt - Charcoal, Flygon - Dragon Claw/Fang (or w/e it was called then), Groudon - Miracle Seed

Current Topic: Best Ground Pokemon to use offensively
zygarde.png

Zygarde gets Dragon Dance, STAB Earthquake, Camoflague (if it needs to dodge Ice attacks) and Extreme Speed to go with it. Love me some Sandslash (see profile pic), but I have to tip my hat to this new Ground-type legendary Pokemon. :)

Welcome to the club. I like your team, especially since Groudon is on it. Can't tell you how many times I've wiped out teams using him and his Drought ability. Helps power up Fire moves and using SolarBeam in one turn. Zygarde is my favorite in Generation VI. Love using Land's Wrath, Draco Meteor and ExtremeSpeed to knock off tough opponents. His design is awesome too. I include him on a few of my teams whenever I battle, such an awesome Pokemon.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
I was so happy to find out that Groudon was Ground-type when I first got to that point in the game. I never really looked online for spoilers or walk-throughs (usually bought the books if I needed help finding items or NPCs). I thought it was going to be a Fire-type at first :)

Sandslash got me through Pokemon Yellow with some amazing skill. No clue what its nature was, but I guess I used a ton of potions to EV special defense on him.... he took a lot of Surf and Ice Beam attacks to the face before I would have to use a potion on him. Mixed with having an immunity to Electric attacks, and I was sold on Ground-type Pokemon. Every new game that comes out, I eagerly anticipate the new addition for Ground.

EDIT: Oh... and I was stoked to find out that my safari is Ground-type to boot! (too bad it lacks Sandshrew)

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I was so happy to find out that Groudon was Ground-type when I first got to that point in the game. I never really looked online for spoilers or walk-throughs (usually bought the books if I needed help finding items or NPCs). I thought it was going to be a Fire-type at first :)

Sandslash got me through Pokemon Yellow with some amazing skill. No clue what its nature was, but I guess I used a ton of potions to EV special defense on him.... he took a lot of Surf and Ice Beam attacks to the face before I would have to use a potion on him. Mixed with having an immunity to Electric attacks, and I was sold on Ground-type Pokemon. Every new game that comes out, I eagerly anticipate the new addition for Ground.

EDIT: Oh... and I was stoked to find out that my safari is Ground-type to boot! (too bad it lacks Sandshrew)

There is some talk about people wanting Groudon to be Ground/Fire, probably due to its Drought ability and access to Fire moves. Not sure what to make of that.

New topic is up for everyone to answer.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Groudon being Ground/Fire wouldn't be the end of the World (or would it? lol). It would basically be a Camerupt with a built-in way to reduce its x4 weakness to Water attacks.

Honestly, I think Solar Beam is its strongest attack on the special side. Maybe it could get a special event hidden ability of Protean and get immediately banned in everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back