• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We got the (earth) power! [Ground type club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
We Got The (Earth) Power! [Ground type club]

Welcome to the Ground type club for ground type fanatics everywhere! Come on in and make yourself comfortable! Now, lets get down to business.

Rules-

-All the PC and PC club rules apply
-Choose one pokemon upon joining
-No spamming or stuff of that sort. If you feel the need to spam, we will warn you. If you decide to keep it up, we will give you another warning. One more time and you are out.
-Please please please stay active! If you are absent for a month unexcused, we will have to drop you from the club. Feel free to sign up again but you will not have any positions/points/achievements/partner pokemon that you previously had. You can reclaim your partner pokemon if no one else has chosen it.
-If you know you will be absent for a while, please tell us.
-Only one person can have one pokemon. If we run out of pokemon we will make an exception.

Application-

Name-
Partner Pokemon (only one)-
Why do you want to join?-

Points system (keeping it simple)-

+1 point for each constructive post on this thread
+3 points for referring a member to this club (they must say that you referred them when they sign up)
+2 points for joining
+2 points for answering the topic question
-1 for spamming or anything of that nature on this thread

Pokemon that are not available-

Sandshrew
Sandslash
Drilbur
Phanpy
Mamoswine
Stunfisk
Garchomp
Cubone
Groudon

Standings-
1. Sandshrew4 +16 points
2. Couragehound +12 points
3. NuOmicronmu +8 points
(Tie) Umbr30n +8 points
4. Alexozzycake +5 points
(tie) Aryan143 +5 points
(tie) Rainbow Arcanine +5 points
5. Seraphimon-sama +3 points
(Tie) Melissaaxo +3 points

Rankings

Leader (sorry, only one leader) [name will be bolded]
The leader has the ability to edit the first post (duh), boot members from the team, approve topic questions and hand out warnings.
Co-leader(s)- get at least 30 points, come up with two approved topic questions and refer 2 members (2 slots open) [name will be underlined]
Co-leaders have the ability to hand out warnings and approve topic questions.
Advanced member- get 20 points, come up with one approved topic question and refer one member [name will be italicized]
Advanced members get bragging rights.
Member- Join

Topic of the week

If you could create your ideal ground type what would it be like?

Previous topics
-What is your favorite ground type move and why?
-If you could take your partner pokemon anywhere, where would you take it?
-What is your favorite ground type pokemon and why?

Who's that Pokemon?
You get +2 points if you are the first to guess it right and +0 points if you get it wrong. Anyone can post a "who's that pokemon" contest but only one at a time. Also the person who submits the contest cannot answer. One try per person.
This pokemon can have the ability Rock Head. It is around 3 feet and is known to tap out messages to communicate with others of its species.
It lives in cold water, half burying itself in mud at the bottom to sleep.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Dude you're mistaken, I'm Sandshrew's number one fan D;

Name- AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon (only one)- My favourite Pokémon of all time is Sandshrew and always has been, but as that's already taken I guess I'll go with Sandslash... *cries*
Why do you want to join?- SANDSHREWWW <3 I absolutely adore Ground types, namely all the cute ones rivalling all the big toughies like Excadrill! My favourite Pokémon has always been Sandshrew ever since I first saw it so that somewhat send the trend for me on liking Ground types - there's always been at least one from each generation that I've absolutely fell in love with. They're such a diverse range of Pokémon with hundreds of individual quirks and unique features, it makes for some very fun Pokémon to use in battle.

What is your favourite ground type Pokémon and why?
Without a shadow of a doubt, it's Sandshrew. It's such an amazingly designed Pokémon with so many interesting features and unique concepts, plus it was the first Pokémon I ever caught in Yellow (bar Pikachu) and it's the first one I trained to level 100. Its design is amazing with the intricate brickwork pattern of its scales, the adorable stubby arms and those beautiful eyes. It has countless interesting moves and stats to try out like attempting to bulk it up with Swords Dance and smash the enemy down with Poison Jab or Earthquake, and all the while it remains cute as a button! Also in the anime with AJ's Sandshrew, that was just 100% badass. His Sandshrew really proved that it's a Pokémon with huge potential and should never be underestimated for a second! It's evolution is also wonderful as Sandslash is a beast in the battlefield and looks insanely cool - the only thing I don't like about Sandshrew is it's shiny colour. The green really isn't as nice as the original colour :( Sandslash's awesome shiny palette makes up for it though!

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
You're in! Thank you for joining!
To answer the topic question,
What is your favorite ground type pokemon and why?-
Well its Sandshrew of course! As for why, there are three reasons. First- One day I was bored to death so I took my sisters pokemon handbook and decided to figure out my absolute favorite pokemon. How whould I do this? Just sit there and stare at them. Im not even joking. For about an hour I would stare at a pokemon, then turn the page. And thus, Sandhrew became my favorite pokemon. Second reason- When I was getting far in my heartgold, and I wasnt completley obsessed with Sandshrew, I had a sandshrew in my game. So I battled with it and it was evolving. I dont know why I didnt want it to evolve but i didnt. So I pressed B, gave it an everstone, and its at like level 70 now. Third reason- Look at it! Its so cute, cool, tough, awesome, everything! It can learn some pretty good moves too! So that is why I like sandshrew!!

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Name- Aryan143
Partner Pokemon (only one)- Drilburr. I love them
Why do you want to join?- I like ground pokemons a bit and Exadrill a lot. It helped me so many times during battles. It is amazing. Ground types are also very cool and can learn moves like Earthquake and Magnitude, which are amazing. I am not a super fan of Ground pokemon but I like Exadrill(which i am a fan of).

Answering the topic:

As stated before, I like Exadrill a lot. I like it because of its design and power. I once used it in the Ground type monotype challenge in Black and it was a Beast. I almost soloed the whole game with it and it ended up becoming LVL 99. It had the Adamant nature too. Drilburr family can learn a lot of good moves like Sword Dance, Earthquake, X-Scissor and Rock Slide. Although it can only learn one weak steel type stab move, it doesn't require any Steel type move in his set.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Well this is for ground type fanatics...but ok! Im not gonna exclude anyone! You're in! Also, I'm thinking of making a new topic each week. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Name:Rainbow Arcanine
Partner Pokemon:Phanpy :3.
Why you joined:There are so many reasons n_n! They're powerful,cool-looking some are adorable and deadly,while being diverse.Even though they might not be the speediest around,they have always been a type to admire for me :3.There isn't one generation I've survived without a decent ground type.

What's your favourite Ground-type and why?
This is a hard decision D:.But I'm choosing little Phanpy,the cute but powerful elephant.After seeing its adorable design all those years ago and how friendly it was in the anime,I fell in love with it.Donphan was also cool-looking and appealing to me.Their stats and moves overall were great as well :D.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Name- CourageHound
Partner Pokemon- Mamoswine
Why do you want to join?- I want to join because a few of my favorite pokemon are ground types. I also like the type itself due to the either powerful strength or bulk behind ground types. Not to mention the designs are really cool.

What's your favourite Ground-type and why? This....is a hard one. My two favorite ground types are Gliscor and Mamoswine. Firstly because of their awesome designs but also because of their anime apperances that captured my eye. So i'm just gunna go with mommoswine. Hes a huge and powerful Pig-mammoth and thats a giant plus. Also, HE'S SO FLUFFY!! :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
Name- NuOmicronMu
Partner Pokemon (only one)- Stunfisk
Why do you want to join?- I love the way that ground type Pokemon (typically) work: High HP and physical stats, at the cost of special stats and speed. I've never really prized speed, as I find it much more important to be able to take hits when it's needed than to be able to strike first. Plus, their designs are often pretty nice, and have a fair amount of variety.

What's your favourite ground-type and why?
I always love it when they try something slightly different with a Pokemon's stats. It's especially great when it's a success (such as Toxicroak, an offensive poison-type, and Empoleon, a specially defensive steel-type), but I still enjoy those that aren't so good. That's why I like Stunfisk - a ground-type which concentrates more on special stats than physical, and also the slowest electric-type ever. It's design is pretty unique among ground-types, too, although it is fairly reminiscent of Dunsparce.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
You guys are all in! So i was thinking we could change the topic each week and we could post topic ideas. First post, first serve. I can't update the thread right now cuz im on my android but i will update it as soon as possible which may be as late as sunday. Sorry, im very busy!

CourageHound

Years
Originally posted by Sandshrew4
So i was thinking we could change the topic each week and we could post topic ideas. First post, first serve.

Taking up on that I would like to change the subject to:
If you could take your partner pokemon anywhere, where would it be and why?

Answering the question:
I would take Mamoswine with me camping since i never got the chance before and it would bean awesome first experience to go with a freind, ya know having fun together and what not.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Cool. To answer that-
I would take Sandshrew to the beach. Far away from the water of course :D We would build sandcastles and stuff like that. That would be awesome.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
If you could take your partner Pokemon anywhere, where would it be and why?
I'd probably take him to the river. It's pretty peaceful, and there's plenty of mud and stuff for him to enjoy.

CourageHound

Years
Actually thinking back to my response on the topic, i cant decide over a nice trip camping or to take Mamoswine to a gigantic buffet. I'm sure a giant mammoth would enjoy that :D. But still...cant decide

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been a bit busy. Time for a new topic question!
What is your favorite ground type move and why?
Mine would be Mud Shot from R/S/E. I had good memories of that game and that move. I had picked Mudkip so I used that move a lot. It beat Flannery for me.

CourageHound

Years
Replying to the topic, my favorite ground type move would have to be eaither earthquake for its sheer powah, or bone rush due to how epic it looked when lucario used it in the anime. I'd say the only ground type move I dont like is mud sport cuz....its pretty much useless...Meh, wat do you guys think?

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Name- Seraphimon-sama
Partner Pokemon (only one)- GARCHOMP!
Why do you want to join?- I wish to become a ninja to get revenge on my brother for the heinous acts he committed against me - um I mean because Ground-Types are awesome.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Why do you want to join?- I wish to become a ninja to get revenge on my brother for the heinous acts he committed against me
Say what? Anyway, you are in!
Ok guys, if you have any ideas on how to make this club better or little things that would improve the club, feel free to tell me.

CourageHound

Years
Ok guys, if you have any ideas on how to make this club better or little things that would improve the club, feel free to tell me.

A cool thing we could do is a random ground type of the week. We'll have like a "whos that pokemon" thing at the beggening of the week about that pokemon. Whoever cracks the code first gets points, and after the pokemon is revealed we can have further side-discussion on that pokemon. We could also have everyone search the friend list up and down for people who might want to join and have the joiner reference the person who invited them for points. I was also thinking that we could have some cool uses for the points like; 200 points you get another partner. Oh and lastly I was thinking we could have events like, we could submit a short story on a ground pokemon, or are partner pokemon or whatever. Like the theme would be "How you met your partner ground type". That would be cool.

473.png
= Beast

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Say what? Anyway, you are in!

It's a reference from Naruto The Abridged Comedy Fandub Spoof Series Show (episode 4).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back