• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Generation Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen today
After defeating all eight gyms in Sinnoh, and lots of training, I finally defeated the Elite Four. I easily got through them, but Cynthia gave me trouble. I went again and again, training on the other E4 members, until I finally had a good strategy and team to defeat her.

My vs. Champion team was:

Garchomp, Lv. 56
Staravia, Lv. 62
Magmortar, Lv. 61
Empoleon, Lv. 63
Roserade, Lv. 59
Gliscor, Lv. 63

I'm now getting ready to play through the after game, and finish up anything else I have yet to complete in Sinnoh.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
So recently, I've been interested much more in focusing on Soulsilver over Platinum. I've made decent progress since last time and am currently heading up to the Pokeathlon Dome after a tough battle with Whitney. From Azalea Town, Bugsy was little of a struggle with Derk being the shining star of this battle. It took a few embers to take down Scyther before Derk learnt Flame Wheel, to take down Kakuna and Metapod without any trouble. After being handed a gleaming gym badge and TM89 U-turn which I taught to Jake, I headed off to heal up my Pokemon at the Pokecenter.

As I was strolling towards the west, I decided to check out Ilex Forest, to hopefully perhaps catch a new team member or find a useful item and train. Before I could pass through the huge gates or the doorway however, a familiar red-haired boy appeared with his usual sullen expression. Silver. We stared at each other for a moment or two, hatred burning in our eyes. He mocked me and my strength along with accusing me of lying of defeating Team Rocket. I was tempted to wrestle him to the ground and teach him a real lesson, but seeing as this was a Pokemon game, we challenged each other to an immediate Pokemon battle.

Gastly was easy enough to handle with Jake and a quick Bite. I could see his surprise clearly engraved on his face and smirked as he sent out his starter Croconaw. I brang out Jelli and after a few turns of Scary Faces and Thundershocks, it finally went down leaving Jelli without a scratch but it's speed appalling. Lastly there was Zubat which Jelli also managed to handle without difficulty and the battle was done and over. I earned some money from it and a feeling of satisfaction as Silver walked away muttering his Pokemon was weak but not him. I knew the real truth and was considering to tell him but he was already in a grumpy mood, so I decided to keep my mouth shut tight.

I healed up again just to be on the safe side before entering Ilex Forest. The place was eerie and dark-looking yet it had this calming and soothing feeling at the same time. I strolled through the place, gaping at the huge trees while listening to stories about the Shrine's protector, which was rumoured to be a grass-type. As I walked, I found a worried-looking boy who approached me. He asked for my help desperately and explained the situation. He worked for a man who used Farfetch'd to cut down trees to make charcoal, except that the Pokemon ran off as he was working since he didn't have any badges to command them. He would be in major trouble unless he could catch them and he wasn't confident himself to catch them and that's where I came in, I suppose. All I had to do was sneak behind them and catch them, it seemed simple enough. At first.

I walked carefully, occasionally treading on branches and cursing as the nearby Farfetch'd ran off. I managed to catch the first one without too much difficulty before proceeding to catch the second one. I probably spent ten minutes running around the forest, trying to catch it. Finally the exhausted Farfetch'd was brought back and the boy looked delighted. At the same time a man, which I assumed was the boy's boss walked up and thanked me. He rewarded me with HM01 which turned out to be Cut and that it would be useful on my journey. He then bowed and walked off with the boy.

I stared at the small tree in front of me and grinned, before hurrying back to Azalea town. I healed and then withdrew a Rattata from the PC, to serve as my HM slave for the moment. I taught it Cut before we cleared the small tree and continued on my way. I met a man who seemed to be headbutting a tree, which was indeed what he was doing. He then offered to teach my Pokemon a move called Headbutt. I shrugged and thought it couldn't hurt and agreed. I taught Jelli Headbutt to replace Tackle, seeing as it was a much more powerful move and then continued.

Near the end of the forest I met a lost Kimono Girl who claimed to be a different one then the one I had encountered in Violet City. Jake showed her the way out and I finally came out into sunlight on a bright route. The trainers were easy, I used various Pokemon while sweeping through them before I stumbled across Ethan in front of the Daycare Center. He introduced me to his Grandpa before we entered for a quick tour. Behind a desk was an old woman who turned out to be Ethan's grandma and she grinned cheekily before saying that she saw Ethan now had a girlfriend. My ribs were about to crack from laughter after seeing Ethan's horrified expression and him quickly explaining it all. He then registered me in the Pokegear before hurrying out telling his Grandma something.

I made it up to Goldenrod and healed like usual. I didn't go straight to the gym however, I had an idea to catch my two last team mates before the battle. I would need all the help I could get. I headed up to the National Park, narrowly dodging trainers who I planned to battle later and then walked around the grass before finding a Nidoran F. Shawn or Miss Doronjo wanted to be a Nidoqueen in this so wish fulfilled. :3

I caught the Nidoran F and named it Shawn before training it for a little. I then headed to the National Park and headbutted trees before finding an Exeggcute and naming it Golurk after GolurkisdaBomb! And my team was complete so I celebrated with a little fist pump before doing training for a while. Then I headed back to Goldenrod before collecting a Bicycle from an empty bike shop and completing the Radio Quiz.

Finally I managed to get to Whitney's gym and easily defeated the trainers before Nidoran F evolved into Nidorina. I easily took down Whitney's Clefairy with Double Kick but for Miltank it took three Double Kicks, a Poison Point, quite a bit of sacrificing and Headbutting. But I won and that was the good part, one less gym to fret about. I exited the gym, badge in hand and saved at that point. I guess the next update will be around after Morty or Chuck, or even further since Easter is here and I have plenty of time! :3

Current Team

Derk the Quilava
Level 22
-Flame Wheel
-Quick Attack
-Ember
-Smokescreen

Jake the Zubat
Level 18
-U-turn
-Supersonic
-Bite
-Wing Attack

Jelli the Flaaffy
Level 20
-Headbutt
-Cotton Spore
-Thundershock
-Thunder Wave

Ozzy the Poliwag
Level 20
-Double Slap
-Water Gun
-Hypnosis
-Bubble

Shawn the Nidorina
Level 20
-Dig
-Double Kick
-Fury Swipes
-Poison Sting

Golurk the Exeggcute
Level 16
-Hypnosis
-Uproar
-Leech Seed
-Reflect

blue

gucci
Years
After starting again on Platinum and taking forever to finalize and establish a team, I've finally managed to obtain four badges with a steady and balanced team.

Stella the Lopunny Lv. 31
428.png

Electra the Luxray Lv. 31
405.png

Apollo the Drifblim Lv. 31
426.png

Ceres the Gastrodon (W) Lv. 31
423.png

Tectonic the Rampardos Lv. 31
409.png

Regina the Vespiquen Lv. 32
416.png

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Soulsilver Update #3​

So progress has been painfully slow on Soulsilver but I'll update on what I've done so far. After defeating Whitney with a series of Double Kicks, Headbutts and the help of Poison Point, I left the gym and headed north to continue my journey. On the way I decided to check out a small lonely-looking flower shop near the edge of the town. Inside the lady gave me a SquirtBottle to wake up the tree near Ecruteak City. I gave her a confused look but thanked her anyway before leaving the store.

After tucking away the Squirtbottle in my bag, I decided to skip the Pokeathlon for the moment. I would come back later if I was in the mood for commanding my Pokemon over hurdles and watching them run wild in an arena. Although I did feel in the mood for an activity rather than getting attacked by a pack of Rattatas so I decided to participate in the Bug Catching Contest. After being given special Pokeballs, which were called Sport Balls, I entered the National Park, searching around for a few powerful bug Pokemon to capture.

I also took this as an opportunity for great training as some of the higher levelled Pokemon provided wonderful experience. I remembered scolding myself about training earlier but dismissed the though quickly and managed to evolve Zubat into Golbat as I did so. Although my participation in the Bug Contest wasn't wasted, as I caught a female Pinsir later and boxed it away.

Afterwards as I continued heading north, I battled a few trainers along the way. There was a skilled schooboy by the name of Jack and Psychics with speedy Abras. I also managed to encounter a few Pokemon I hadn't seen on my journey so far, such as Stantlers and Vulpixs which were roaming the tall grass. As I walked slowly, I then noticed a huge obstacle directly in front of me,

I poked it carefully and examined it. It appeared to be an odd-looking tree which seemed to be moving uncomfortably. I stood there speechless for a few minutes, a moving tree? Pull yourself together Sophie, I thought firmly. But then the words the lady at the flower shop had said to me an hour earlier rang inside my head like chiming bells. "Use this SquirtBottle on the odd tree near Ecruteak City." she whispered before bidding me a good day.

I suppose this was the so called odd tree. I did as she instructed and poured a few drops of water on the tree, before it suddenly attacked. It turned out to be a wild Sudowoodo, so thankfully my mind wasn't playing ridiculous tricks on me. I sent out Ozzy (Poliwag) and managed to knock it out with a few Water Guns. It didn't matter much that I had completely missed the opportunity to capture it, surely there would be another time I could see it again.

Then I decided to check on my party before realising they were majorly underlevelled for the next gym battle. I decided to stop and train on the wild Stantler for a while slowly closing gaps between the highest and lowest levelled members of my team although I saved training Golurk (Exeggcute) for later as it was weak against most of the opponents roaming the area. As I was training, my Golbat evolved into a lightning fast Crobat and feeling satisfied I decided to stop my training for the moment.

After healing up and obtaining a Dowsing Machine, I came across the Burned Tower and peered through a charred window. Inside I could see a few people dawdling around while others were staring intensely at a hole in the middle of the creaky floors. My curiosity got the better of me as I entered. Upon coming inside I met a man by the name of Euisune, who ironically was searching for a Pokemon by the name of Suicune. Euisune, Suicune, you can see the similarity in those names right? Remembering the horrible pun about Euisune, I tried to contain my laughter as he babbled on before muttering something and walking off. I then met the city's gym leader who introduced himself as Morty, a friend of Euisune. As I walked further into the tower, my mouth's corners twitched. Standing directly in front of me was the arrogant jerk, Silver. He smirked and walked over to me saying that I should be busy playing with Rocket Grunts instead of fighting powerful trainers like him. I had the urge to slap him but resisted it, even then there was no slap command implemented into Pokemon.

Instead we duelled again for the third time. I started off with Jake (Crobat) and took Gastly down with Bite. His Magnemite came out next and I decided to switch into Shawn (Nidorina) and pulled off a Dig which took it down instantly. Next up was his starter, I didn't want to risk sending in Golurk (Exeggcute) in fear of Ice Fang and possibly Bite or Crunch so I went with Jelli (Flaaffy) instead. After a few Scary Faces and Thundershocks, Croconaw was down as well which left Zubat.

I easily took down Zubat with another Thundershock and the battle was won. He grumbled and shoved some money hastily in my hand. He then muttered another comment which was most likely about wimps and walked off. After facing the Firebreathers in the tower, I headed downstairs to see three beasts and my mouth dropped open in awe. Raikou. Entei. Suicune. The three legendary beasts. They must of noticed my presence because a second later Entei and Raikou leaped away gracefully. Suicune hopped around me a couple of times, gazing at me intensely before leaping away as well. Euisune came hurrying down and saying that Suicune only took notice of trainers with great talents. He then bidded me a goodbye and hurrily walked off. I headed back to Goldenrod for a bit of training with Exeggcute and then returned to the Pokecenter in Ecruteak. At that point I saved the game! I'll probably update when I finally get to Olivine or if it's taking a long time to update, after the battle in the Dance Theater.

Current Team:

156.gif

Derk the Quilava
Level 25
-Flame Wheel
-Quick Attack
-Ember
-Defense Curl

180.gif

Jelli the Flaaffy
Level 22
-Headbutt
-Cotton Spore
-Thundershock
-Thunder Wave

169.gif

Jake the Crobat
Level 24
-U-turn
-Confuse Ray
-Wing Attack
-Bite

060.gif

Ozzy the Poliwag
Level 23
-Body Slam
-Hypnosis
-Bubble
-Water Gun

030.gif

Shawn the Nidorina
Level 24
-Dig
-Fury Swipes
-Bite
-Double Kick

102.gif

Golurk the Exeggcute
Level 18
-Uproar
-Bullet Seed
-Reflect
-Leech Seed

Nicholas4231996

Nicholas_Falcons19
Years
I beat Red with a pretty good team i think
Lv. 95 Tyhplosion named Blaze,
Moves: Blast Burn, Flamethrower, Eruption, Shadow Claw
Lv. 88 Dragonite
Thunder, Draco Meteor, Dragon Rush, Fly
Lv. 70 Gyrados named RED because he is shiny
Hydro Pump, Surf, Hyper Beam, Fire Blast
Lv. 69 Tryanitar named Rocky
Stone Edge, Earthquake, Rock Climb, Dark Pulse
Lv. 60 Golduck
Waterfall, Hydro Pump, Zen Headbutt, Ice Punch
Lv. 59 Luxray named Volt
Thunder Fang, Crunch, Thunder, Discharge

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
(Soul Silver) Last night I paced outside the entrance to Ecruteak City training my Ratatta now Raticate to face Morty. Having completed the tasks in the burnt tower, I ran into Riakou three times and Entei once. I used Raticate's pursuit on Riakou in two of the encounters before it fled doing hardly any damage. The third time I decided to be an idiot and throw a great ball and of course it didn't work. Threw a pokeball at Entei, failed of course. It was eerie how many times they appeared in the same grassy area and it sucks that I am in no condition to capture or even dent them. :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Currently having fun playing HG for the first time :) However i'm having the misery of not being able to beat the Gym at Cianwood Island! Damn my current team does not even put up a decent fight :/ Guess its back to the wild to train. Surfing up and down does take time, would prefer to have the HM for fly considering the amount of times i've surfed up route 40.

On a side note, why does it seem so complicated to get to Safari Zone, the last time i played pokemon it seemed easier to access.

CURRENT TEAM:
156.gif
017.gif
181.gif
130.gif

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Gah! Ran into a shiny Hoppip outside the Safari zone but my Hypno 1-hit KOed it. >_<
Could have been a better pokemon though, I already have a Skiploom on my party which I need an everstone for.

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
After starting a file in my copy of Crystal, I was inspired to restart my copy of Soul Silver. I obtained a Totodile from Professor Elm (somehow, I've never picked Totodile in any of my playthroughs, and I've done at least four others!), and traded over an egg that hatched into an Eevee knowing Wish.

Right now, I'm running around Violet City with my newly-obtained Zephyr Badge and a mysterious egg. :)

Player character: Jaye

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png

Party:

Jack the Eevee (Lv. 11, Impish male)

Spr_4h_133.png

Joey the Totodile (Lv. 12, Jolly male)

Spr_4h_158.png

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Many, many years before the events detailed HERE. The current Unova Champion is but a legacy of this tale.

The Pokémon Tim was given in Unova were the protagonist of this tale's Pokémon. Behold, the chronicles of the legendary trainer from Johto.

PART I / "Beginnings"

A young trainer wakes up very early. He dresses slowly as it is just another day in his home town of New Bark. Our hero's name is Timothy, or as his one friend Lyra refers to him; Tim. Tim headed down the stairs and was stopped by his mother.

She told him Professor Elm, the local Pokémon Scientist, needed to see him for something. She gave him his satchel and trainer card, patted his back and sent Tim off.

769442fd8070997ed10f64df02bc483dc38a3675df425b131.png

Tim wandered the town, speaking to his neighbors.

Before he entered the laboratory of Professor Elm, he saw a bright-red-headed boy about his age, peering through the lab's back window. Tim approached out of curiosity and the boy snapped at him, spun him around, and pushed him away.

Tim stopped outside the door of the lab, a little dazed by the events that just transpired. He inhaled deeply. What could the Professor need with him?

Setting aside his worries, he pushed the door open and expected nothing, but inside, hoped for something.

Years
I haven't played SoulSilver in a while, I've never beat Red. I kind of came to a stand still with it. My pokemon are a good few levels from being able to beat him. I'll eventually finish it. Maybe.
As for my Diamond, Platinum, & Pearl. I had Diamond beat then my DS got stolen with my Diamond game card in it. I bought them all in an auction on eBay for $35 which is almost what I'd pay for one used at the game store & they're legit. I'd like to eventually find the time to play them all but I'm stuck in the new Gens.

Hadn't posted about my gen 4 games so thought I'd share. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
So earlier this weak I restarted my Diamond file (And my DSi, luckily although I'd reset it I was able to get back my DSiWare :D
So far I've just got as far as being inside the TV station, Chimchar nearly got murdered by a little girl with a couple of Pikachu, but eventually pulled through. I've been making slow progress because well, FIFA, work, Chuck (the awesome show), glastonbury etc. so it's taken me 5 days, but meh.

Spr_4h_390.png

lv.14
Scratch / Leer / Ember / Rock Smash

Keeping him un-evolved because a) like him too much b) got years with Infernape and c) Nasty Plot!

Spr_4p_403_m.png

lv.11
Tackle / Leer / Charge

Never actually persevered with a Shinx, always been a fan though. Might manage it now Luxray's grown on me (only took >5 years).

Spr_4p_490.png

lv.12
Bubble / Tail Glow / Water Sport / Charm

Got my eggs cloned, so now I can use Manaphy! It only hatched in Oreburgh Gate it's never faced a pokémon that isn't Rock-type, but seems like it's going to be a beast - being born with Tail Glow certainly helps.

T!M

Years
Part II / "First Pokémon"

Standing outside the great Professor Elm's door, Tim thinks hard about what he would want with him. Putting aside his questions, Tim opened the door and entered the laboratory.

A black haired scientist stood to his right, busying himself with the bookshelves before him. Tim looked across the lab and saw Professor Elm tinkering on his computer. Tim slowly walked through the huge lab and finally reached Elm. Tapping his shoulder. Elm perked up and swung himself around. "Tim!" he said.

The Professor quickly explained how happy he was he showed up and began to explain how Pokémon use walk with trainers before being confined in PokéBalls. Suddenly, his computer rang with a techy beep. He turned his back to Tim and read the e-mail slowly.

He turned to Tim once more. He told Tim that a man named Mr. Pokémon had discovered something and he needed Elm to see it. Expressing that he was to busy at the lab. He asked Tim to recover whatever it was from Mr. Pokémon. He offered Tim a Pokémon as his hand showed a small apparatus containing three PokéBalls.

Tim nervously walked over to the table and picked up the first PokéBall he saw. He almost knew what he was getting. With a white flash, the ball opened and it's contents poured out. Revealing the fire Pokémon Cyndaquil. It made a cute roar as the flames on his back came alive.

Elm sent Tim off and as he left the lab and walked to the gate of the town. Elm called out to him once again. He asked Tim to speak to his mother before leaving town. So Tim did. He told his mother he needed to run a quick errand and she agreed. But not before giving Tim a phone.

Moments later, Tim was again at the gate of New Bark Town. As he took the first step out of the town line, Elm cried out once more and rushed over. He gave Tim his number and then returned to his lab.

Tim traversed through tall grass and spoke to people on Route 29, he finally made it to the next town over. Cherrygrove. Before entering the town he was stopped by an energetic old man who showed him the PokéCentre and the PokéMart. And then brought Tim to his own house. Before departing he gave Tim new shoes and left into his house. Tired from the battling on Route 29, Tim walked to the PokéCentre and healed Cyndaquil. Tim and Cyndaquil called it a night and stayed over at the Centre.

d6aeff75b11a4ffeb364eca621048f2c6415147d4ade7733a.png

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
I've made a ton of progress in Soul Silver. I just exited Olivine City's gym, having defeated Jasmine. Prof. Elm called me, telling me to investigate the possible return of Team Rocket.

Roster:

Spr_4h_037.png

Sonny the Vulpix (Lv. 31, Modest male)

Spr_4h_185_f.png

Amanda the Sudowoodo (Lv. 30, Impish female)

Spr_4h_159.png

Joey the Croconaw (Lv. 30, Jolly male)

Spr_4h_197.png

Jack the Umbreon (Lv. 31, Impish male)

Spr_4h_025_f.png

Sannie the Pikachu (Lv. 30, Adamant female)

Spr_4h_238_s.png

Agnes the Smoochum (Lv. 35, Modest female)

Last edited:

T!M

Years
PART III / Route 30 & Mr. Pokémon

Tim awoke in the Pokémon Centre in the early afternoon. Cyndaquil was fast asleep and Tim gently shook the Pokémon. It yawned and it's flames again burst into action. They both left the Centre and walked next door to the Mart. Tim puchased Potions, Antidotes and Paralyze Heals.

Following that however, they both left for Route 30, but were stopped by the old man who toured Tim and Cyndaquil through Cherrygrove. He uploaded a map card onto Tim's PokéGear, wished Tim luck and went back into town.

Tim headed north and battled several Weedles and Pidgeys. He noticed a strange plant in front of someones house. He investigated but could not make out what it was. He entered the house and saw a gentleman sitting at his table.

The man turned to Tim and excitedly handed him a Apricorn Box, telling him the after one is picked it takes 24 hours for them to grow back.

Thankful, Tim and Cyndaquil waved good bye as they headed further north.
Through the woods they saw the small house. Tim entered and saw Mr. Pokémon and another elderly man sitting at the table, focused intently on his computer.

Mr. Pokémon rushed over and deduced that Tim was the person Professor Elm had sent. He walked over to a glass cabinet and carefully carried what he retrieved to Tim. An Egg, with green spots. He said it was a Pokémon egg and handed it to Tim. "Bring it to Elm." He asked. Before Tim could leave the old man finally took notice of Tim and approached. Identifying himself as Professor Oak he examined both Tim and his Cyndaquil. He explained that he had manufactured the first PokéDex 3 years ago and gave Tim the second version asking him to explore Johto an see lots of Pokémon. Tim took the PokéDex and after a short rest left the cottage. Just as Tim stepped outside the door his phone rang. It was Elm and he sounded worried...

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I started playing HeartGold again with a twist! I can only take Pokemon that are required to obtain/battle to progress the story with the exception of HM Slaves and shinies should I find any. I'm including Togepi since you are required to get the egg, and depending on your starter, it'd be really hard to beat the whole game up until Sudowoodo without any help.

My character name is Lyra, and my rival's name is Carlos. (Named after the hilariously lame fanfic character from the Pokemon Shiny Gold rom hack)

I picked Cyndaquil as my starter, and it was a male. I'd later on REALLY regret not resetting to get a female one. After obtaining a mysterious egg from Mr. Pokemon, I headed towards Violet City to take on the sprout tower and gym leader. Right before the battle with the Sprout Tower elder, Cyndaquil evolved into quilava! After that I had no problem beating up Falkner and obtaining the zephyr badge.

I got a call saying to pick up the mysterious egg at the Pokemart, and I saved before going into the mart. After geting the egg and talking to the kimono girl, I walked back and forth until Togepi hatched from the egg! Sadly it had the hustle ability, so I warped time and space and reset to before I got the egg. The second time Togepi hatched, it had Serene Grace, and I was able to move on.

After level grinding Togepi to the same level as Quilava, I went through union cave and arived in Azalea. After a brief series of Team Rocket battles in Slowpoke well, I was able to go fight Bugsy and easily beat him with Quilava. As Carlos might say, "Nobody could lose to this pathetic gym".

After beating up Carlos on the way to Ilex forest, I rescued two farfetched and got the cut HM. I captured an Oddish so I could use cut, and taught Quilava and Togepi Headbutt.

After a bunch of battles it was time to fight Whitney, and without the help of either Dunceparce or Geodude, she was a massive pain in the butt. Since both Quilava and Togepi were male, Miltank could fully abuse attract, and it must have taken about 12 tries before I finally beat her with the help of LOTS of X items. This was by far the hardest part of my journey so far, and I'm amazed I was even able to beat her. I had to abuse Quilava's Smokescreen and ability to burn opponents in order to stand a chance even WITH X items.

I won a Luxury ball at the goldenrod lottery, and since it was Sunday I was able to get the Return TM as well! I went to go capture Sudowoodo, and it went extremely well. Togepi's Yawn really helped out, and I was able to catch it in the luxury ball I just got! I had to catch it a second time though since the first time it didn't have the rock head ability.

I trained on wild Stantler for a while, and went to go beat up Carlos again. This time was pretty easy now that I had three guys to help me out, and after the battle, Togepi evolved into Togetic! That's what being nice to your Pokemon can do Carlos. ; )

Yadda Yadda legendaies blah blah TIME TO FIGHT MORTY! Morty was no problem for me due to Togetic's extrasensory, and even if Togetic somehow got knocked out, I had Sudowoodo's Faint Attack as a back up. A LOT easier than Whitney.

Yadda yadda lighthouse yadda yadda surfing towards cianwood on the tauros hm slave I caught TIME TO FIGHT CHUCK! Chuck went pretty well, though I had much more trouble with Primeape than Poliwrath. Primeape's rock slide knocked out Quilava, and oddly enough it was Sudowoodo's Low kick that saved the day. After Primeape was knocked out, Togetic took care of Poliwrath who kept trying to use focus punch and just let me spam Extrasensory.

Flew back to Olivine and delivered the secret potion to Jasmine, and went to go fight her in the gym. Thinking this would be an easy fight, I was actually completely unable to beat her, actually forcing me to go train. Suddenly I thought, "Do I HAVE to fight her yet?" and headed towards the lake of rage.

Fortunately I didn't have to fight Jasmine yet, and was able to catch the red gyarados who just happened to be at the same level as Togetic and Sudowoodo. Talked to lance and he told me to go to the suspicious mahogany gift shop. Rather than do that, I flew back to Olivine to take care of business.

The fight with Jasmine still didn't go over too great, but I did win! Quilava took out the first magnemite with some prior help from Sudowoodo, Gyarados took out Steelix by using surf, and quilava finished off the other Magnemite.

I flew back to Mahogany to take care of Team Rocket. I purposely left the alarm activated so I could fight more rocket grunts and get more exp. I then had to knock out three Electrode to shut down the radio transmitter team rocket was using, but since I'm a good trainer, (and since it makes Lance look bad) I captured/rescued all three Electrode, and picked the best one to join my party.

I then went back to the ocean to level grind Electrode on all the water type trainers, and now Electrode is almost at the same level as my other party members.

And now you're caught up to where I left off.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
So, after nearly getting murdered by Pikachu in the TV station yet again, I began to move on. Now in Eterna Forest, going to head back to pick some berries when they're ripe then continue on to Eterna City. Already got four members of my team, so I'm probably going to end up doing an Ash and swapping some in and out:

Spr_4h_390.png

Chimchar
lv.17
Scratch / Leer / Flame Wheel / Rock Smash

Still not evolved :)

Spr_4d_404_m.png

Luxio
lv.16
Tackle / Leer / Charge / Bite

Although I love Shinx, I also like Luxio so I let him evolve. Also not having STAB was starting to become a hinderance, the attack boost from evolution is much welcomed.

Spr_4p_490.png

Manaphy
lv.15
Tail Glow / Bubble / Water Sport / Charm

Probably my strongest pokémon, despite its levels. Underestimated that 600BST until I noticed it's superior to every pokémon I have / encounter in every way xD

Spr_4h_198_m.png

Murkrow
lv.16
Pluck / Astonish / Pursuit / Haze

Basically I needed a flying-type, and the choices were limited to Starly, Murkrow or Wingull. I love all 3 but Murkrow is the least easily available on all my games, so this is what I went with.

EDIT 4/7: Forgot to go back and use Cut by Eterna Forest before defeating Jupiter, now that bug catcher won't let me leave Eterna by that way...you have no idea how much I want Chimchar to burn his bugs into dust...

Last edited:

T!M

Years
PART IV / 'The True Start of the Journey'

Tim rushed through Route 30, trying to get back to New Bark Town to find out what Professor Elm needed so badly.

Upon reaching Cherrygrove he stopped at the PokéCentre and quickly healed Cyndaquil.

They then headed towards Route 29. But before stepping out of the entrance to the town a flame-color-haired boy was running towards them. He looked tired. After a brief engagement the boy challenged Tim to a Pokémon Battle. Cyndaquil happily roared and was ready.

The boy sent out his Totodile. It was a back-and-forth of basic attacks, Cyndaquil's Tackle and Totodile's Scratch. Because of the many wild Pokémon encounters on Route 29 and 30, Tim's Cyndaquil's strength was more than enough to beat this trainer's Pokémon. Defeated, the trainer angrily rushed by and dropped something shiny in his haste.

Tim bent over to pick it up and saw that it was his trainer card. Next to the name it said Benjamin, before Tim could absorb any more information Benjamin returned and snatched the card from Tim. "Oh no," he said. "You saw my name. Well. It's Ben! Remember the name!" Ben rushed off towards Cherrygrove.

Despite this brief interruption, Tim had to get to New Bark Town as Elm still needed him.

After a few minutes time, Tim arrived at New Bark Town and burst through Elm's lab door.

Elm was speaking with Officer Jennifer. The region-wide law enforcer. When she saw Tim she confronted him accusingly. "Aw! As they say, the criminal always returns to the scene of the crime!" She brought out her handcuffs but the door to the entrance of the lab opened again! Lyra, Tim's friend since they were both youths rushed at Jenny. "NO! Tim didn't do it, some kid was watching through the window!"

"You know the person who stole Elm's Pokémon?"

Tim understood now, the connection. Elm's Pokémon was stolen, Ben was rushing from Route 29, he stole the Pokémon. That Pokémon must of been the Totodile!

"Yes," said Tim. "I met him at the entrance to Cherrygrove, he was most likely heading to the north of that town. Unless of course he knew Surf."

Jenny perked up. "Did you get his name?"

"Benjamin, but he told me he would go by Ben."

"Thank you, Tim. Lyra. Elm. I will not rest until the thief has been brought to justice and your Totodile is returned. Jennifer abruptly pushed between Lyra and Tim and rushed to the door.

"Thanks, Lyra." said Tim. "I thought I was cooked."

"No problem, Timmy." Lyra nodded and Maril chimed in happily and they left.

Elm sighed in distress. "Anyway, what did Mr. Pokémon have for me, Tim?"

Tim reached into his backpack and handed Elm the egg he recieved from Mr. Pokémon.

Elm jumped back several feet, astounded. He took the egg and looked at it. Saying that Mr. Pokémon frequently brings in eggs but he would examine it even still to see if there was anything to it. Tim noted that he met Professor Oak to which Elm stuttered again. Tim showed Elm the PokéDex V.2 and Elm said that he always found something special about Tim.

Elm suggested that Tim take the Pokémon League Challenge with Cyndaquil and Tim happily agreed.

This was the true start of Tim's journey.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Day 1

Started my journey in Diamond as the girl with the name of "Lucy", and went through all the opening stuff. I chose Piplup as my starter as I haven't picked him in a while. I named it "Pengi" after the somewhat similar looking enemies in the Kirby series, though they look more like Prinplup than the other two forms. I captured several Pokemon on the way to Jubilife City, including a Starly which I thought about training, but overall decided not too. (I've actually never trained a Starly before)

Did all the stuff there was to do in Jubilife, got my Poketch and fought rival "Fred". Fortunately he was stupid and just used his Turtwig's withdraw constantly allowing Piplup to take him out.

Arrived in Oreburg and went to the mines to get Roark to actually do his job and fight me at the gym. I fought the two trainers at the gym, and Piplup Evolved into Prinplup right before battling Roark! Needless to say, Prinplup easily won that gym battle.

After beating up Team Galactic in Jubilife, I headed towards Floroma town so I could get to the two Honey trees accessible before fighting Team Galactic at the Valley Windworks. After beating up the team galactic members needed to get the ability to buy honey, I slathered the two honey trees and the waiting game began. I was hoping to find one of four Pokemon which were Combee, Aipom, Heracross, or the highly unlikely munchlax. Out of the four I wanted Combee the most, so we just had to wait and see.

In the mean time, I picked some berries, and luckily the lady in the flower shop gave me a second cheri berry which are super important in Sinnoh due to the region's obsession with paralysis. Planted both Cheri Berries in front of the flower shop, and headed back towards the Vally windworks to capture my second party member.

Since I had tons of time to kill, I could afford to take my time and be picky about catching a Pokemon with good Ivs, and in the case of Pachirisu, that's a good thing to do anyways as IVs can make or break Pachirisu as a useful ally. After about 10 or so Pachirisu I got a really good one at level 8, named it "Chitters" and the training began. This Pachirisu had great Ivs in everything except Special Attack, so this would be a physical attacking Pachirisu. At first I was ev training him just to get things started a bit quicker, but after a while I switched to knocking everything out except for Budews since they give Special Attack EVs. During training I took a break to have dinner in real life, which killed some more time while waiting for Honey trees.

Eventually Pachirisu and Prinplup reached level 21, and it wasn't too terribly long at that point until the honey trees would dispense Pokemon, so I stopped training because if I DID luck out and find a Combee, it would evolve at level 21 and be at an even level with my other Pokemon.

I still had a bit of time to kill so I spent a while watering my cheri berries, and then turned the game off and watched a couple internet videos. At long last it was time to check the two trees, and the first tree gave me a Silcoon, which was pretty worrisome. Maybe I should have beaten up Team Galactic right away with Prinplup and given me access to that third tree. I went to check the other tree crossing my fingers and hoping for the best, and much to my joy a Combee appeared! Since I saved in front of the tree before checking it, I could reset as often as I wanted for a female one with good Ivs, which is exactly what I did. The first two female combee I caught were horrid, the second one being one of the worst Pokemon I've ever caught with all possible IVs except for Defense being under 5. Fortunately the third one I caught was WAY better, and thus the training for Combee (nicknamed Honeydress) could begin.

I trained Combee for a while, but around 1:00AM I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, so I quickly slathered the two honey trees again, watered the cheri berries, and went to bed in real life.

Day 2

Next morning I woke up with the my cheri berries fully grown, and honey trees shaking. The best time to slather honey trees is always right before you go to bed. ; ) I picked both berry plants which gave me five cheri berries for each plant. I checked the trees and got another silcoon from the tree I got Silcoon before, and the other tree gave me a female Burmy. I caught the burmy, and knocked out the silcoon for easy EXP. I slathered the trees again after checking both of them.

After much level grinding, Combee finally evolves into Vespequen and learns Power Gem! Now that all three party members were at level 21, it was time to progress and beat up Mars at the valley windworks.

After beating up Mars, I felt it was a good time to write my journal entry as not only would that kills some time while waiting for honey trees, but just in general it was a good place to stop and write. Despite being pretty early in the game, my play time is now 8 hours and 22 minutes. O_o

And now you're caught up to where I left off.

EDIT:

I got through Eterna Forest and arrived in Eterna City where Vespiquen easily beat up Gardenia. Took care of Team Galactic, and headed towards the next areas where I could access more honey trees as I still want an Aipom for my team. On the way to mt. Coronet I captured my fourth party member which was a Stunky named (Now this is genius) "Sgunk".

I fought Barry in Hearthorme City and progressed all the way around the map in a big circle to gain access to as many honey trees as possible, and also to gain access to the Ruin Maniac's cave where I could capture my other remaining party member of Hipopotas.

Over the next three days of my quest I had been planting Cheri Berries and slathering honey trees, and today I finally found an Aipom. The great thing is the first one I caught was amazing! I also went back to Valley Windworks and caught Drifloon. I now have 44 cheri berries what with all the waiting I had to do to get aipom. Now I just need Hippopotas and I'll have my whole team!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back